We are not very good, and I'm fading

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;3508997 said:
Dude, I know you have not been keeping up with current events (you apparenty didnt realize we won a playoff game last year since you said in your first post you were tired of season after season of no playoff success), but you need to wake the **** up.

Have you ever heard of free agency and a salary cap that was instituted in the NFL that prevents teams from having Hall of Famers at multiple positions. Many say that the 90s team would have won 4 or 5 SuperBowls if not for the salary cap and free agency. That was the end of dynasties in the NFL.

You long for the triplets, well name me one team in the NFL currently that has a HOF Qb, a HOF Rb, and a HOF Wr...........name me just one team in the league that has this today.

Pats Moss, BRady, Taylor.

J-DOG

Reaction score
Awakened;3508235 said:
I'm sorry to say it, but I've got a bad feeling about this season. In year's past, the offense has looked great in the pre-season. This year has been a disgrace. Our defense is great and will help us win more games than we lose, but our offense is mediocre and will prevent us from making it any further than we went last year. The main person I put the blame on is Jason Garrett. After this season, he'll be gone. But then again, Wade'll probably be gone too if we perform as poorly as I anticipate. I'm thinking 9-7, maybe 10-6, and a very unhappy Jerry Jones.

I realize most of the pollyanna folks at Cowboys Zone will chide and heckle me for what I'm saying, but I am so tired of this big numbers, modest success offense. It has no heart, no gusto - no Troy or Emmitt or Michael or Big E or Big Larry. It's got sweetness and style, but puts fear in nobody.

Give me the old days when it was 3rd and 2 and everybody in the stadium knew Emmitt was getting the ball, but it didn't matter. Give me 3rd and 8 when everybody in America knew it was going to be slant to Michael, but it didn't matter.

I've been a Cowboys fan my entire 48 year old life. I stuck with the Cowboys when Jerry fired Tom Landry and many people jumped ship. But I am so tired of this team, year after year of no playoff success. I'm tired of celebrity athletes who haven't earned the right to be called one of the great Cowboys, but don't seem driven to keep getting better.

Maybe Dez Bryant and Sean Lee will breathe new fire into the team, but I don't really think so. Like the U.S. government, I believe the problem is systemic. Something is missing in the culture of the entire Dallas Cowboys organization. I'm not necessarily blaming Jerry, because I like owners who are passionate about winning. But I'm fading as a fan, and might soon fade away unless something signficant changes.
Ok bandwagon fan...get off.
I guess these 3 preaseason games were the final straw. Get real!

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
It is a long season and it rides like a roller coaster. There will be more ups and downs before it is over. Here's hoping they end on an up ....

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
tupperware;3508543 said:
I don't contest a word of what you say. What I do contest is the people who would rather criticize than sympathize, not a hard concept at all. And I know plenty of people probably come around here, 20 year olds, threatening to "quit". Call it a bandwagoner or whatever else you want to call it. But the guy has been a fan for nearly 50 years, does that not count as anything towards his credit or opinion?

I know much can't be said to the OP. I mean, it's quit or stay right? I just think that at the very least people could be a little more sincere.

Dude, this is freaking football. This is not somebody who just lost a love one or somebody that just lost his job or something. THIS IS FREAKING FOOTBALL!!!!!

Bottom line........this is strictly entertainment and if he does not like the product that Jerry is putting on the field for his Sunday entertainment, then he needs to go find something else to do on Sunday. But to ***** and moan and cry about the team not having HOFs at every position and wanting us to sympathize with him is bull ****.

News flash.......no freaking team in the NFL has HOF Qb, HOF Rb, and a HOF Wr. When free agency and salary cap was started that ended the days of dynasties in the NFL. You will never have a team again with HOF tripletts because the salary cap will not let you. You would have to basicly field a team of rookies on defense to be able to afford HOF tripletts. THAT IS WHY NO TEAM TODAY HAS THIS!!!!!

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
Apparently I made a mistake by mixing my observations (We are not very good) with my emotional reaction (I'm fading). Almost everyone has responded to the emotional reaction with their own emotional reaction against my despicable disloyalty.

Not one reply regarding the culture of the Cowboys organization being a problem. Very little response about Jason Garrett's failure as an OC. The few who responded to my elaboration of the differences in the team of the 90's and the team of the last few years couldn't come up with a response more intelligent than that I should quit living in the past.

The fact is that our defense is potent and keeps OC's up at night. Our offense, on the other hand, earns remarks like "we knew what they were going to do before they did it." Our defense deserves better. The fans deserve better. What does it say about our offense that everyone is hanging their hopes on a kid who didn't play college football last year? Dez may be great. I hope so, but come on. Clinging to him is yet another indication of our desperation for a true star on our offense.

I'm a big fan of two players on our offense: Jason Witten, who is a TE, and Tashard Choice, who is our #3 RB. Nobody else on our offense inspires me. I'm sure you'll all disagree, but, again, consider this: why are people so excited about Dez Bryant? Why are we so desperate for a truly dynamic offensive player?

Another thing: How is it that the best teams in the NFL consistently acquire great offensive lineman, and we have had a mediocre OL FOREVER!?

PBJTime

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;3508950 said:
The only dancing that's being done is by you. You're worried about the same things I am you're also believe that you practice how you play. I don't see how you can't be concerned. We have a lot of question marks and we have yet to have those questions answered. There are things however that are locks like Romo to Witten. That's something I'm not worried about. That doesn't need anything done to that. We should however, be worried about our running game. And anyone WR not named Austin or Bryant. Then look at the oline then look at the d line. Look at the safeties also.We've had a couple of injuries in key spots to not be worried about these injuries is silly.

Na, I'm not concerned about the season at all the only thing that would make me worry about the season is an injury to Romo, Witten , or Ware. Then I'd be worried. As of right now I know we have one of the better teams in the league I would just like to see them put it together better in the preseason. Is that so bad to want ?
I'm not "worried" at all! I wonder how we'll do, and expect we'll do pretty well, but that's the extent of it.

You could do this very thing with any team you watch in the preseason. No team is perfect through and through. There never will be a perfect team.

It's not bad to want a better preseason, and if that's indeed all you want, then there's nothing abnormal about that. But, if you're seriously worried about the season based on preseason games, then that's a little strange, IMO.

Section446

Reaction score
Even before a pre-season game was played I viewed us as a 9-7, 10-6 type team.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Awakened;3509020 said:
Another thing: How is it that the best teams in the NFL consistently acquire great offensive lineman, and we have had a mediocre OL FOREVER!?

Feel free to go root for some of those supposed best teams. Apparently this team will never live up to your standard.

Fans on skates.. gotta love it.

urface59

Reaction score
Section444;3509036 said:
Even before a pre-season game was played I viewed us as a 9-7, 10-6 type team.

And the fact that your letting preseason confirm that shows the foolishness of the prediction to begin with.

Section446

Reaction score
urface59;3509041 said:
And the fact that your letting preseason confirm that shows the foolishness of the prediction to begin with.
Who said that I've let anything confirm anything for me? I simply stated that before we even stepped on the field, I felt that this was a 9-7 team. I still think that we're a 9-7 team. Sounds like you're making assumptions, speaking of "foolishness"...

hawklegion

Reaction score
I was wrong, the team is amazing, the O-line will be an all world performer.....

Not sure how you guys keep your head so far up in the clouds for such an extended period of time, especially with so much empirical data to the contrary, but whatever works for ya !

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
PBJTime;3509023 said:
I'm not "worried" at all! I wonder how we'll do, and expect we'll do pretty well, but that's the extent of it.

You could do this very thing with any team you watch in the preseason. No team is perfect through and through. There never will be a perfect team.

It's not bad to want a better preseason, and if that's indeed all you want, then there's nothing abnormal about that. But, if you're seriously worried about the season based on preseason games, then that's a little strange, IMO.

If the preseason is meaningless then why is Tony Romo saying that the TD gave the team some confidence? I don't think the season is going to be a bad one nor do I think it will be. However, it's rather perplexing to see our team be so bad during the preseason. Do i think it will carry over into the first couple of games that's very possible. But that's all. You're the one dancing though....

urface59

Reaction score
hawklegion;3509046 said:
I was wrong, the team is amazing, the O-line will be an all world performer.....

Not sure how you guys keep your head so far up in the clouds for such an extended period of time, especially with so much empirical data to the contrary, but whatever works for ya !

People like you were saying were calling us an 8-8 team with no chance to win a playoff game this time last year. I am done with all the bull **** whining people do over the ****ing preseason.

30yrheel

Reaction score
Section444;3509042 said:
Who said that I've let anything confirm anything for me? I simply stated that before we even stepped on the field, I felt that this was a 9-7 team. I still think that we're a 9-7 team. Sounds like you're making assumptions, speaking of "foolishness"...

last year i predicted 10-6, we finished 11-5. this year's looking more like 9-7 with the injuries, etc., so maybe we can get to 10-6 and a wildcard.
then flameout in the playoffs like wade always does.