We are not very good, and I'm fading

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
PBJTime;3508848 said:
Vanilla offense, defense, teams not playing 100%...eh, what's the use? Don't know quite sure why I dignified your comment with a response...

You're right, preseason success or failure strongly correlates with winning in the regular season...:rolleyes:

I didn't say that preseason success or fairly = winning in the regular season. So please get that ****ing non sense out of here. Actually read what I'm saying then comment.

I'm also not buying this vanilla non sense that you guys spout all year. Then when we play in the regular season the offense looks the same as the preseason. This isn't a young team, this isn't a bad team, this is a team with a lot of playoff experience that has had the same core for the best 3 years. We shouldn't look like this in the preseason. Our execution should be better and we should be getting back into the flow and becoming prepared for the season.

I'm a firm believer in if you practice hard it will translate over into the real thing. If we take the preseason game and prepare like it's the regular season we should be better than what we have been.

Anjinsan

Benched
Reaction score
I agree with the OP in that the offense is really struggling in pre-season. And I certainly disagree with the play calling in the red zone. Even Jerry said we had no physicality in our running game. I disagree totally with the OP in believing that none of this can't be fixed. Especially with Jerry chiming in on the offense problems.

PBJTime

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;3508864 said:
I didn't say that preseason success or fairly = winning in the regular season. So please get that ****ing non sense out of here. Actually read what I'm saying then comment.

I'm also not buying this vanilla non sense that you guys spout all year. Then when we play in the regular season the offense looks the same as the preseason. This isn't a young team, this isn't a bad team, this is a team with a lot of playoff experience that has had the same core for the best 3 years. We shouldn't look like this in the preseason. Our execution should be better and we should be getting back into the flow and becoming prepared for the season.

I'm a firm believer in if you practice hard it will translate over into the real thing. If we take the preseason game and prepare like it's the regular season we should be better than what we have been.

You didn't state that verbatim, but you don't have to. Human beings are capable of using logic to interpret what is being said (or typed, in this case) and come to reasonable conclusions based on what has been presented.

You state that we should be concerned, based on preseason play. Well, why would one be concerned about a team they are a fan of? The only relevant concern that I can think of, based on the context, is that you believe we should be worried that we may lose games based on how we are playing in the preseason. My position is that preseason games have no real bearing on the outcome of the regular season. You seem to object to that. It really is a simple thing, and is far from nonsense.

Now, you should probably quit responding on here and get busy dodging pieces of the sky.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Like others in this thread I will not automatically show disgust at your premise.

I trust that you are a real fan of the Cowboys. If so, hang on, Garrett and Wade will deliver a much better game when the REAL season begins. This team is too talented to fail. Even Wade cant screw it up.

I promise.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
PBJTime;3508883 said:
You didn't state that verbatim, but you don't have to. Human beings are capable of using logic to interpret what is being said (or typed, in this case) and come to reasonable conclusions based on what has been presented.

I don't think you're conclusion were reasonable. You just guessed interpreted what I said wrong and just took my words out of context. Instead of guessing what you think I mean or how you take what I said. Just read what I say and take it for that. I don't hold my words for anyone and I mean what I say. There's nothing to be interpreted or guessed when I say things.

You state that we should be concerned, based on preseason play. Well, why would one be concerned about a team they are a fan of? The only relevant concern that I can think of, based on the context, is that you believe we should be worried that we may lose games based on how we are playing in the preseason. My position is that preseason games have no real bearing on the outcome of the regular season. You seem to object to that. It really is a simple thing, and is far from nonsense.

I told you way we should be concerned. Because this is a playoff caliber team with high expectations and who has a strong foundation and core. We should execute better than what we have been. I never said that preseason games = super bowl or that you just took what I said and interpreted that way to fight your agenda or your idea of me. I said we should be concerned because the execution isn't there. This isn't a young team or a bad team we should except to see more. I am concerned that it's we looked so bad out there yesterday. I am however in no way shape or form throwing my arms up in the air can saying the season is over. I think the preseason should be used to get us back into shape and to make sure our execution is on point. Not to just shrug it off and say vanilla this vanilla that it's just preseason.

Now, you should probably quit responding on here and get busy dodging pieces of the sky.

Once again your interpretation of my words are funny.*shrugs* Whatever clever though. Less see how far you interpreting my words get you instead of just take my words the way I put them out there for you. This isn't a book I'm writing you don't need to interpret anything. Nor do you need to guess or tell me what my words meant or how I feel about the season. That's asinine and you look stupid.

PBJTime

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;3508898 said:
I don't think you're conclusion were reasonable. You just guessed interpreted what I said wrong and just took my words out of context. Instead of guessing what you think I mean or how you take what I said. Just read what I say and take it for that. I don't hold my words for anyone and I mean what I say. There's nothing to be interpreted or guessed when I say things.

I told you way we should be concerned. Because this is a playoff caliber team with high expectations and who has a strong foundation and core. We should execute better than what we have been. I never said that preseason games = super bowl or that you just took what I said and interpreted that way to fight your agenda or your idea of me. I said we should be concerned because the execution isn't there. This isn't a young team or a bad team we should except to see more. I am concerned that it's we looked so bad out there yesterday. I am however in no way shape or form throwing my arms up in the air can saying the season is over. I think the preseason should be used to get us back into shape and to make sure our execution is on point. Not to just shrug it off and say vanilla this vanilla that it's just preseason.

Once again your interpretation of my words are funny.*shrugs* Whatever clever though. Less see how far you interpreting my words get you instead of just take my words the way I put them out there for you. This isn't a book I'm writing you don't need to interpret anything. Nor do you need to guess or tell me what my words meant or how I feel about the season. That's asinine and you look stupid.
Dance around it all you want, but I've been around long enough to know your MO. I am not alone in this assessment.

The bottom line is, you're concerned about the team's play in the preseason because you don't think it bodes well for the regular season. How you want to twist that is up to you. It's not a jump think think you're worried about losing because you feel we aren't "executing" in the preseason or that we aren't "in shape." There is no other reasonable conclusion that can be made. You're worried that subpar preseason play will translate into the regular season. If you dispute that, then we'll know who really looks stupid.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
PBJTime;3508909 said:
Dance around it all you want, but I've been around long enough to know your MO. I am not alone in this assessment.

The bottom line is, you're concerned about the team's play in the preseason because you don't think it bodes well for the regular season. How you want to twist that is up to you. It's not a jump think think you're worried about losing because you feel we aren't "executing" in the preseason or that we aren't "in shape." There is no other reasonable conclusion that can be made. You're worried that subpar preseason play will translate into the regular season. If you dispute that, then we'll know who really looks stupid.

or it could be that we're poorly coached.... Also it's not that the regular season is going to be a failure because the preseason we're not executing. I just think that the poor execution could translate to the first 1-3 games of the season. I don't want to get off to the same slow start that we did last year. I would like for us to gain some momentum and build on the good things that we've done in the preseason opposed to coming out the gates slowly. How will the running game fair ? How will RW and Romo do this season ? The O line ? The defense? Should I not worry about any of this stuff ? Put on my blue and silver homer glass and just glaze of the obvious problem that we have had during the pre season ? Let's not forget about Goaline offense and Field Goals. The safety position. There's a lot to be worried about/ concerned about and not think the season is doomed. Just because you jumped to that conclusion from what I said doesn't mean I have. If I think the season is doomed I'll say it. I've done it before which I'm sure you're well aware of.

We practice for a reason preseason games are just another form of practice. To treat them as meaningless is silly.

BlueStar3398

Reaction score
I read somewhere that in one of the years that the 'Boys won the Super Bowl, they lost every pre-season game.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
BlueStar3398;3508934 said:
I read somewhere that in one of the years that the 'Boys won the Super Bowl, they lost every pre-season game.

who cares about winning?

PBJTime

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;3508926 said:
or it could be that we're poorly coached.... Also it's not that the regular season is going to be a failure because the preseason we're not executing. I just think that the poor execution could translate to the first 1-3 games of the season. I don't want to get off to the same slow start that we did last year. I would like for us to gain some momentum and build on the good things that we've done in the preseason opposed to coming out the gates slowly. How will the running game fair ? How will RW and Romo do this season ? The O line ? The defense? Should I not worry about any of this stuff ? Put on my blue and silver homer glass and just glaze of the obvious problem that we have had during the pre season ? Let's not forget about Goaline offense and Field Goals. The safety position. There's a lot to be worried about/ concerned about and not think the season is doomed. Just because you jumped to that conclusion from what I said doesn't mean I have. If I think the season is doomed I'll say it. I've done it before which I'm sure you're well aware of.

We practice for a reason preseason games are just another form of practice. To treat them as meaningless is silly.

We all wonder how the the team will do, but to worry unnecessarily during the preseason is a different matter altogether. Try to temper your pessimism, just for once...

I believe in practicing how you play and all that, but the preseason is for trying out things you wouldn't normally do or tuning up. It doesn't have to go smoothly to be a success. They can learn from mistakes made and get the hiccups out during the preseason.

It's good to see you're only worried about the first 1-3 games instead of the whole season. Nice dancing.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
PBJTime;3508942 said:
We all wonder how the the team will do, but to worry unnecessarily during the preseason is a different matter altogether. Try to temper your pessimism, just for once...

I believe in practicing how you play and all that, but the preseason is for trying out things you wouldn't normally do or tuning up. It doesn't have to go smoothly to be a success. They can learn from mistakes made and get the hiccups out during the preseason.

It's good to see you're only worried about the first 1-3 games instead of the whole season. Nice dancing.

The only dancing that's being done is by you. You're worried about the same things I am you're also believe that you practice how you play. I don't see how you can't be concerned. We have a lot of question marks and we have yet to have those questions answered. There are things however that are locks like Romo to Witten. That's something I'm not worried about. That doesn't need anything done to that. We should however, be worried about our running game. And anyone WR not named Austin or Bryant. Then look at the oline then look at the d line. Look at the safeties also.We've had a couple of injuries in key spots to not be worried about these injuries is silly.

Na, I'm not concerned about the season at all the only thing that would make me worry about the season is an injury to Romo, Witten , or Ware. Then I'd be worried. As of right now I know we have one of the better teams in the league I would just like to see them put it together better in the preseason. Is that so bad to want ?

hawklegion

Reaction score
IMO this team will have a worse record then last season. There are some fundamentals that for whatever reason Jerry and Wade refuse to address, that seem quite obvious to most and will lead to inferior performance from Romo and company. The O-line has been in need of an overhaul for IMO 2 seasons now. I had hoped that the beating Romo took last season v. Minny would have spurred someone to sign at least 2 competent O-linemen. This did not occur and leaves me baffled. As we have seen before Jerry routinely overrates the ability of his team and it will show this season. This is not a SuperBowl caliber team, I think it will barely break the top 10 teams list.

It is unfortunate to have some quality players and individuals, like Ware, Romo, Witten, Ratlif, guys who take a beating and play hurt, to have an owner who will not make the needed acquisitions to put us over the hump. I don't know why he won't, but he seems only interested in shinny players like Roy Williams but not in the guys in the trenches who win you games.

It is going to be a long season.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;3508793 said:
we look horrible in preseason. We should be concerned. We shouldn't right everything as meh it's just preseason. If that was the case then we might as well just never play any starters and just play back ups for the pre season.

Yeah, why don't we look as good those 4-0 Detroit Lions looked.

At least we don't look as bad as all those Indy pre-season teams the last decade.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
hawklegion;3508952 said:
IMO this team will have a worse record then last season. There are some fundamentals that for whatever reason Jerry and Wade refuse to address, that seem quite obvious to most and will lead to inferior performance from Romo and company. The O-line has been in need of an overhaul for IMO 2 seasons now. I had hoped that the beating Romo took last season v. Minny would have spurred someone to sign at least 2 competent O-linemen. This did not occur and leaves me baffled. As we have seen before Jerry routinely overrates the ability of his team and it will show this season. This is not a SuperBowl caliber team, I think it will barely break the top 10 teams list.

It is unfortunate to have some quality players and individuals, like Ware, Romo, Witten, Ratlif, guys who take a beating and play hurt, to have an owner who will not make the needed acquisitions to put us over the hump. I don't know why he won't, but he seems only interested in shinny players like Roy Williams but not in the guys in the trenches who win you games.

And IMO you don't know squat, so that's where we're at.

urface59

Reaction score
hawklegion;3508952 said:

I love how after we beat a dreadful Skins team in week 1 posters like this will be screaming Superbowl.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
urface59;3508964 said:
I love how after we beat a dreadful Skins team in week 1 posters like this will be screaming Superbowl.
He won't do that. He will just find something else to ***** about or whatever.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
hawklegion;3508952 said:
The O-line has been in need of an overhaul for IMO 2 seasons now. I had hoped that the beating Romo took last season v. Minny would have spurred someone to sign at least 2 competent O-linemen.

Of course, losing one tackle to injury, and having the other tackle immobile didn't have anything to do with it.

This did not occur and leaves me baffled.

Why baffled? One tackle was replaced, and the other is now healthy. New OL have stepped up.

Is it you don't recognize the changes, or you simply didn't get your specific way this offseason.

Sorry, I guess you are easily baffled.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Awakened;3508474 said:
I think all of you are a little too reactive toward negative posts. It's called whistling in the dark.

I challenge any of you to name a current offensive player whose name deserves to be uttered in the same sentence with Troy, Emmitt, Michael, Big E, and Big Larry. Maybe Jason Witten. Maybe. But there's only so much a TE can do.

Dude, I know you have not been keeping up with current events (you apparenty didnt realize we won a playoff game last year since you said in your first post you were tired of season after season of no playoff success), but you need to wake the **** up.

Have you ever heard of free agency and a salary cap that was instituted in the NFL that prevents teams from having Hall of Famers at multiple positions. Many say that the 90s team would have won 4 or 5 SuperBowls if not for the salary cap and free agency. That was the end of dynasties in the NFL.

You long for the triplets, well name me one team in the NFL currently that has a HOF Qb, a HOF Rb, and a HOF Wr...........name me just one team in the league that has this today.