CFZ We are one of the best drafting teams over the last ten years

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I understand why though. I don’t think people realize how big money signings rarely work. Brady for sure worked. Seems like a small list of it actually working though.
Peyton Manning , Mathew Stafford , Aaron McDonald , Drew Brees, Reggie White, Kurt Warner , Von Miller just off the top of my head.

The bigger the name the more likelihood of it working.

CCBoy

Reaction score
What? Drafted players don’t just magically turn into studs. They always need to be developed no matter the team. Dallas does a great job of developing players. Drafting and development work hand in hand.
You are naive...they do all the time and from different levels of entrance. DON"T ever assume you have that in depth insights without training, yet someone else doesn't based upon you own stereotypes...

Your stated virtues have been spoken by myself for the past four months....by ME non-stop. The elements to be trained and the leadership to guide the way.

Proven talent is already there. Rooks included.

I already am able to chew gum and walk, for your reference. Who would NOT know upon arrival with a new team, rook or veteran, there is needed growth for purpose of team.

Don't again mistake optimism, for stupidity, with more than rooting for both veterans and 'rooks' as to the direction of goals. The new and old have to grow as a team. That is what we wait upon...not ring tapping heroes.

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Peyton Manning , Mathew Stafford , Aaron McDonald , Drew Brees, Reggie White, Kurt Warner , Von Miller just off the top of my head.

The bigger the name the more likelihood of it working.
Well I’m speaking more so recently like the past 10–15 years.

Stafford was traded.
Not sure who Aaron McDonald is unless you’re talking about Aaron Donald?
Von Miller was traded. He did sign with Buffalo but got hurt. So far not working.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Right and not only that but you can develop someone and they still fail. That’s how we ended up with Trey Lance.
He isn't as well, not a failure at this point, but a talent as well....disagree! Failure doesn't just stick with a person for ever, except with posters to evade describing progressing features until another 'hero' evolves. Failure is for a specific team to declare, in football.

Not a poster's possession for all discussion on the status of a player who just earned a roster place.

Last edited:

CCBoy

Reaction score

Stafford was traded.
Von Miller was traded. He did sign with Buffalo but got hurt. So far not working.
Changes in teams with stars wasn't hard at all to see...

CCBoy

Reaction score
Right and not only that but you can develop someone and they still fail. That’s how we ended up with Trey Lance.
He isn't as well, not a failure at this point, but a talent as well....disagree! Failure doesn't just stick with a person for ever, except with posters to evade describing progressing features until another 'hero' evolves. Failure is for a specific team to declare, in football.

Not a poster's possession for all discussion on the status of a player who just earned a roster place.
Not affecting post...someone could also applaud for correct grammatical structure. Maybe a hall monitor knowledgeable act as well.

Now, to be actually useful, please explain where Lance stands along side Connor, now that Lance is a COWBOY!

No songs and dances for the discussion now.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I doubt there's any question as to whether or not the Cowboys are one of the primier drafting franchises in the NFL. It does seem to me as though it's likely the Cowboys' management that lags behind enough to render them a lesser contender to compete for a Super Bowl appearance.
Going into the season and there is still strong clamer that they are instead not one of the stronger teams because of not more playoff success...and no chance because of two losses against San Francisco. That all based upon influence by Jerry and Prescott.

No, it's a new season and a good one to watch as a Cowboys fan...:starspin:

I hate for posters to drag along whipping boys! Not specifics that are all being handled in the present.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

He has been a failure going from a 3rd overall pick to trade for a 4th and can’t backup Purdy.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Not affecting post...someone could also applaud for correct grammatical structure. Maybe a hall monitor knowledgeable act as well.

Now, to be actually useful, please explain where Lance stands along side Connor, now that Lance is a COWBOY!

No songs and dances for the discussion now.
Connor who?

CCBoy

Reaction score
He has been a failure going from a 3rd overall pick to trade for a 4th and can’t backup Purdy.
No, that is a term for San Francisco...you claiming entitlement as well to determine is success now as a Cowboy player...no you can't. You even attempt to explain what doesn't affect his playing environment here in Dallas without proving what they actually are here. You claim great insight and ability to claim failure as a talent.

He is exactly the present level of Dallas determined developmental level and you instead he is little more than failure. Not true here in Dallas. Prove it is!

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Stafford was traded.
Traded or not they are big FA moves which worked . And there really hasn’t been many what I’d call big FA moves in recent years except for these QB’s.

Rodgers could be another one . And possibly the 3rd QB dealt to win a SB with another team in your time frame.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Once SF made the decision to go with Purdy ,Trey wasn’t a distraction nor a contract they wanted to sustain. And decided to bail.

It doesn’t mean he’s a bust. No doubt he could be. Maybe he wasn’t ready in SF when he was inserted before being injured. Then Purdy made the most of his opportunity. It happens.

Teams don’t often get an opportunity for a 1st round talent to develop with minimal cost to us. . And he should have several years behind Prescott.

Not sure why there’s so much backlash. We’ve often critiqued our ownership for not going after a high pick for a QB . Well, now we have.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Once SF made the decision to go with Purdy ,Trey wasn’t a distraction nor a contract they wanted to sustain. And decided to bail.

It doesn’t mean he’s a bust. No doubt he could be. Maybe he wasn’t ready in SF when he was inserted before being injured. Then Purdy made the most of his opportunity. It happens.

Teams don’t often get an opportunity for a 1st round talent to develop with minimal cost to us. . And he should have several years behind Prescott.

Not sure why there’s so much backlash. We’ve often critiqued our ownership for not going after a high pick for a QB . Well, now we have.
There isn't any "backlash" or from me. I'm for bringing in Lance. Jerry has done this before. THis is just Drew Henson/Chad Hutchinson all over again. He still refuses to use high draft compensation at quarterback. I have no issue with kicking the tires i'm just being realistic about the situation. Shanahan gave up on him after getting a lot out of guys like Purdy, Jimmy G, Cousins, etc. So yeah its a head scratcher why he couldn't get more out of Lance. But he is currently a bust. At the very least he should be a backup right now and should be starting somewhere. its important we understand that when evaluating his future here.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Traded or not they are big FA moves which worked . And there really hasn’t been many what I’d call big FA moves in recent years except for these QB’s.

Rodgers could be another one . And possibly the 3rd QB dealt to win a SB with another team in your time frame.
Ok but the point being made by me is that big money moves don't typically work because great players dont' go to free agency. They typically are retained. Trading for a guy and giving him big money is not even the argument i'm making. I'm actually FOR that. That's been proven to work.

What hasn't been proven to have as much success is going into free agency and spending big money on a player a previous team let go.

As far as Rodgers goes.....yeah hit worked for Manning and Brady in free agency. That's probably the one position I can see you have some success on but mind you MAnning and Brady are the success stories. No one is talking about all the failures.