We are the only fan base that could blame the QB for this performance?

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
that could have our QB complete 66 percent of his passes (with how many drops), throw for 374 yards, and three touchdowns on the road against the best team in the NFL...

And still assign him the most blame at the end of it.

I may leave this site because it's clear either half of you all are trolling, or Dak wronged you by not taking a picture or signing an autograph for your son. This is beyond ridiculous. It's why no one takes us seriously as a fan base.
Don't believe in critical plays at critical times? We are the only fan base that has so many fans who cuddle their QB no matter what he does.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Here's the problem. 1/2 the fanbase refuses to acknowledge that Dak is an average QB and it's going to take an entire team to win around him. The other 1/2 refuses to acknowledge that guys like Trent Dilfer have a ring and Dak could fit that bill. Dak is nothing more or less than an average QB. He made some really nice plays yesterday that helped the team and made some stinkers that hurt the team.
He’s Bette than Dilfer.

There’s a third option that he’s a good QB, not elite, but needs a decent supporting cast and good coaching.

I’d the entire team and coaching staff was as good as Dak, we’d likely see better results.

If fans are waiting for a transcendental HOF QB to carry everyone around them to victory week in and week out, willing them to victory despite the average talent around them; then that’s likely the problem.

Sure, would Mahomes be better here than Dak?

Of course. No one argues that.

The problem is the zero sum fans who ignore everything else that a team needs to win and have unrealistic expectations.

If your expectations are Mahomes, Brady, Montana, Favre or Marino, then those expectations are unrealistic and foolish.

Those types of QBs are supremely rare and they aren’t a simple find where you can just fish in a crappy hole and expect to catch a state record lunker.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Dak played well.
But he did missed couple of crucial pass plays he could have made that could have have won the game.
Plays that sometimes even the greatest QBs of all time can show examples where they failed.

Week to week NFL results are not ever going to match up to career highlight reels.

Kwyn

Reaction score
You have to understand who you're dealing with. The only people who would blame Dak after that performance is....

1. The people who didn't watch the game.

2. The very dumb, low IQ fans who don't know a damn thing about football past playing Madden.

3. The low IQ cowards who pose as fans but are really trolls from other fanbases.

Don't let these losers who lack intelligence get under your skin. Half of them are losers in life, broke and living in a relative's basement, and/or a weak cowards whose been bullied most of their life.
4. Self loathing fans who love the team but also hate it and refuse to actually root for success because they are so jaded and cynical that the game brings them little pleasure and it’s more of a self induced form of self flagellation that they barely understand that they understand.

Self awareness has never been a hallmark of NFL fandom.

ESisback

Reaction score
that could have our QB complete 66 percent of his passes (with how many drops), throw for 374 yards, and three touchdowns on the road against the best team in the NFL...

I may leave this site because it's clear either half of you all are trolling, or Dak wronged you by not taking a picture or signing an autograph for your son. This is beyond ridiculous. It's why no one takes us seriously as a fan base.
I’m with you there, but I gotta say, despite the excess of TERRIBLE fans, many of us “long timers” are the best fans you’re ever gonna see—loyal, knowledgeable and proud of our history. I also have a theory—Dallas fans get SO MUCH MORE negativity from the media and venom from fans of other teams that it makes many of us defensive and prone to gloom and doom. Double-edged sword of America’s Team fandom, I guess.

Kwyn

Reaction score
In a WCO even a medicore QB would be able to complete 73%-75% of his passes. Usually QBs completion rate is even higher. Thats also what you need to make that kind of offense work.

But if your topic is true i am happy that we are still a fan base that demands more than losing in a big game.
Nonsense

Joe Montana. King of the WCO QBs had a career completion percentage of 63.2%

Dak’s career completion percentage is 66.8

Honestly, how do you even reconcile your statement in the face of reality.

This is the type of fake and pretend knowledge that makes people crazy.

Current all time record of completion percentage is 68% but you say that 75% is expected in a WC offense is 75% and “usually QB completion rate is even higher”.

What planet are you living on? Your opinion on this point is flat out ridiculous. Just wrong wrong wrong and it’s the type of comment that calls into question anything you have to say about football.

Sorry to be so brutal but jeez, it’s just ridiculous.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Could he have been better?

Yeah.

Was he good enough?

Yeah.

The Eagles were just 1% better.

The Eagles execution was SLIGHTLY better.. but they also had a few more boneheaded decisions than we did.

truth is..... at the end of the day....this game involves flinging a little ball around a giant field with 22 giant super fast guys going after it every play. There is a degree of randomness at play when the teams are equally matched.

How these 2 teams were constructed...at this point in time....I truly believe that if they played 100 times....the games would be evenly split. Maybe 1 team wins 53 or 55 games.....but the same slight deviation would happen if you flipped a coin a 100 times. Either heads or tails would come out 4 or 5 flips ahead just by chance.

That's how even these 2 teams are.

But....getting the 1 seed is the biggest advantage in the NFL...and Philly now has about the same chance of getting the 1 seed as Dallas and SanFran does combined.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Nonsense

Joe Montana. King of the WCO QBs had a career completion percentage of 63.2%

Dak’s career completion percentage is 66.8

Honestly, how do you even reconcile your statement in the face of reality.

This is the type of fake and pretend knowledge that makes people crazy.

Current all time record of completion percentage is 68% but you say that 75% is expected in a WC offense is 75% and “usually QB completion rate is even higher”.

What planet are you living on? Your opinion on this point is flat out ridiculous. Just wrong wrong wrong and it’s the type of comment that calls into question anything you have to say about football.

Sorry to be so brutal but jeez, it’s just ridiculous.
You are comparing apples and oranges.

If you want to compare completion percentages from today's game to how it was in the 1980's, there's like a 15% difference to factor in.

If Montana played today....he'd be Drew Brees on steroids. He would be an 80% completion guy playing within these rules....against the watered down defenses QBs play now.

Back then....you could MUG receivers and roundhouse kick a QB in the face. Holy cow.....Montana wouldn't know what to do with himself playing in today's NFL.

Delete that post. It's nonsense

Kwyn

Reaction score
You are comparing apples and oranges.

If you want to compare completion percentages from today's game to how it was in the 1980's, there's like a 15% difference to factor in.

If Montana played today....he'd be Drew Brees on steroids. He would be an 80% completion guy playing within these rules....against the watered down defenses QBs play now.

Back then....you could MUG receivers and roundhouse kick a QB in the face. Holy cow.....Montana wouldn't know what to do with himself playing in today's NFL.

Delete that post. It's nonsense
Please. I was posting *all time* nfl qb numbers. It includes current and past.

80% completion percentage is a straight up fantasy at this point.

There is zero substantiation for this opinion other than straight up bizzaro world reality to the point that it brings into question or objectivity.

Show us anything that even remotely proves your opinion

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Please. I was posting *all time* nfl qb numbers. It includes current and past.

80% completion percentage is a straight up fantasy at this point.

There is zero substantiation for this opinion other than straight up bizzaro world reality to the point that it brings into question or objectivity.

Show us anything that even remotely proves your opinion
I'll let ur comparison of a 63% completion percentage in the 1980's under those rules...to Dak's completion percentage under today's pass-happy rules where you can't touch anyone...stand for itself.

It's like saying I had a 25 yards per rush average in peewee football when I was 8.... so I'm a better RB than Barry Sanders who had a 5.2 yards per rush attempt in the NFL.

Not spending 1 second "proving" your comparison is insane....any more than I would debate some kook telling me to prove the Earth wasn't flat.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

What is the "We" stuff? l blame the whole team for the loss and the crappy finishes.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Everything is so predictable in here. The good game by Dak (a loss) and defenders go on and on and on.

A bad game by Dak and the knives are out.

Until we advance in the playoffs and Dak steps up he is what he is - a good QB who is overpaid.

Kwyn

Reaction score
I'll let ur comparison of a 63% completion percentage in the 1980's under those rules...to Dak's completion percentage under today's pass-happy rules where you can't touch anyone...stand for itself.

It's like saying I had a 25 yards per rush average in peewee football when I was 8.... so I'm a better RB than Barry Sanders who had a 5.2 yards per rush attempt in the NFL.

Not spending 1 second "proving" your comparison is insane....any more than I would debate some kook telling me to prove the Earth wasn't flat.
What kind of insane mental gymnastics is this?

I posted real, recorded, NFL statistics. Documented in a hundred places.

You don’t even post anything other than straight up “feels”.

You can avoid standing by your actual comment by harking back to some completely made up stats, that exist only in your head, but it just goes to further disprove your opinion.

This is a loser argument for you.

Stick with random made up opinions that don’t include numbers.

To be fair, in NFL terms, you are the flat earther, hollow world, reptilian conspiraciist all rolled into one.

You have done better.

Regroup and cook up another post that is strictly opinion and therefore could never be disproven.

Here’s one “Finland doesn’t exist”. Dig in!

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Threads like this almost make me regret becoming a Cowboys fan when I was a kid. This fan base wears me out. Nicely put, a lot of not-so-hot takes here. :rolleyes:

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We are also the only fanbase who complains that its the refs fault for EVERY L.

I Think Dak played great, but he can't step out on the 2 pt conversion he has to play to win not play to not get hurt.
I guess you missed him going head over heels

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Threads like this almost make me regret becoming a Cowboys fan when I was a kid. This fan base wears me out. Nicely put, a lot of not-so-hot takes here. :rolleyes:
I understand exactly what you’re saying. I just don’t pay attention. It’s just the way the world is not just our Fanbase. What happened to all the Cowboys , tough guys
MEN . Not the babies wannabes.

Cmac

Reaction score
Simply put......Yep......we are the only fanbase blaming the QB in this Philly loss, including questioning IQ, dismissing we've had a prior QB with similar failures who is now elevated to mythical status, brushing aside other's mistakes (outside of Steele), lack of attention to detail, and adjustments (no help for Steele). SMH!

Cmac

Reaction score

Hang in there.....it may be due to Fantasy Football implications, just don't like Dak, or simply failing to watch a play materialize fully and watching ALL the moving parts & breakdowns. Lots of mistakes to catch by many.