We can only keep Micah or Dak

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Jerry stated it was his call and no one, not Dak or Big Mike was aware before Jerry pulling the trigger.
Why if he was 100% happy with Dak?
4th rounders have value.
We await the Spring for further answers.
I hope this is true

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and getting the same results.
All roads lead to Dakko being a post-June 1st cut and Big Mike developing Trey as our new starter.
How important are those DOG WINS during the season.........really now????
You don't need Dak to beat the Giants, D.C. etc, etc.
There are GMs and Head Coaches that will trade for Dak.
- Dak has become a great regular season QB.
- Regular season wins buy many GMs/HCs more yearson the job and new contracts.

QUESTION:
- Do you give Trey Lance more than 1 snap as a starter before you start posting about how muich you hate him?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
They'll keep Parsons even if they have to decrease the roster size from 53 to 11.

Trading for Trey Lance was a "Jerry Move". Stephen/McClay now make 99% of the decisions on players, but Jerry made the trade for Trey Lance.

Jerry will push McCarthy to develop Lance.

McCarthy is in the last year of his contract. He has 2 options to get a new contract:
1: Win a Super Bowl with Dak.
2: Make the playoffs with Trey Lance as the starting QB.
Lance could get an opportunity if Prescott gets hurt. Which it’s about time for that to happen again.

Our owner hates QB Controversies but a good showing by Lance could stir the waters . Only problem is we will have already extended Prescott.

Now pending whether it’s a season ending injury and Lance took us deeper in playoffs then I could see a situation where we might look to trade Prescott.

Unfortunately we are probably stuck with Prescott for better or worse after we extend him to avoid huge cap hit.

Sydla

Reaction score
Normally, you'd keep the QB if that was the choice.

However, this is a unique situation given that the QB has largely failed in the postseason over 8 years and is due a massive upgrade. With people looking for total change, signing the DE over the QB might make more sense here.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

QUESTION:
- Do you give Trey Lance more than 1 snap as a starter before you start posting about how muich you hate him?
The HATE thing again.
Forgot who I was talking too.
GL

Sydla

Reaction score

QUESTION:

When the GM comes out and says the previous coach got fired because he didn't take the team far enough in the playoffs and then the new coach doesn't do any better, then regular season wins shouldn't have a big influence on assessing that coach.

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
Trade Micah
Extend Dak - only because he has us over a barrel.
Extend CeeDee
Fire McCarthy next year.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If fans don’t think Jethro is extending Prescott then I’d argue they don’t understand our owner.

I’m sure some of the same fans who 3 or 4 years said the same thing that we wouldn’t resign him. But here we are again.

Unfortunately they will probably be on the wrong side of our screwed up history again, cause they don’t fully understand what motivates our owners agendas and priorities.

Here we are stuck in our perpetual mediocre pile of poop. But Jethro isn’t pulling the plug on 12-5. This is a safe place for him . An easy sell regardless the frustrations and disappointment.

Root for an injury or total collapse . That’s best chance of bringing the change you want.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry stated it was his call and no one, not Dak or Big Mike was aware before Jerry pulling the trigger.
Why if he was 100% happy with Dak?
4th rounders have value.
We await the Spring for further answers.
I like the Trey Lance trade. It is a rare situation for a 23 year old QB that was drafted top 10 to not get more opportunities.
- He had 4 starts and was out injured at the end of the 4th one.
- Aaron Rodgers didn't even start a game his first 3 seasons.
- Same for Romo.
- Farve: In his rookie season, he attempted 4 passes, resulting in zero completions and 2 interceptions.
- Green Bays' current QB looked like a Deer in the headlights in his 1 start as a rookie.

SF and Shannahan had decided that Lance was a better option than Jimmy G. and gave Lance the job to start the 2022 season.
- They probably would have kept playing Lance if not for his injury in game 2.
- i.e. He never really got bench per se. After his injury, Brock Purdy proved himself as a great fit in Shannahan's scheme.

If Trey Lance could win the sarting job in this year's training camp, it would solve many issues.
- Save 34M by trading Dak.
- Use that cap space and any picks obtains for Dak to improve the defense and running game.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am talking about the salary cap. Cap is projected to be $240M. If you don't extend Dak he will be 25% of the entire cap. CD at $30M that is 38% of the cap on 2 players.
They save 34M by trading/cuttiing Dak after June 1st.

Regardless of the playoffs and Super Bowl, McCarthy should be fired if he can't make Trey Lance into at least an OK starting QB.
- Lance is probably already better than NFL starting QBs like Justin Fields..

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Here you guys go comparing Micah to one of the greatest players all time….this time a guy he plays nothing like lol.
Micah is better at his job than Dak is at his.

He’s also much cheaper.

Dak is easily replaced, but Micah isn’t.

Literally everything points to Micah being the choice if you had to chose.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Micah is better at his job than Dak is at his.

He’s also much cheaper.

Dak is easily replaced, but Micah isn’t.

Literally everything points to Micah being the choice if you had to chose.
I chose the QB every time. No brainer. I chose Philip Rivers over Shawn Merriman and don’t think twice. I chose Romo over Demarcus Lawrence. Sorry.

SackMaster

Reaction score
QUESTION:
Doubtful.

That first pass that is CLEARLY dropped by the receiver when Lance threw it perfectly will be followed by:
  • Lance is so inaccurate he can't hit the broadside of a barn
  • There's a reason he was traded away for a 4th
  • Lance couldn't beat out Purdy or Dak, and this is why
  • This is just another example of Jerry thinking he is smarter than everyone else
  • ect ....
Death, Taxes, and Cowboys "fans" hating their own QB.
:muttley:

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I wouldn't keep either one at this point.

I have rooted for Dak and I have staunchly defended him. However, I just don't see paying him the kind of money he will be sure to demand. However, i also don't see how the Cowboys can afford to take the hit on his salary next season, some 60 million, isn't it?

I think they should trade Parsons, he only plays elite for three months. After November, he is completely average. In four playoff games he has one sack. Is that elite? Then why give him an elite contract?
I agree but the team is as much to blame for Micah’s annual slide as anyone. DQ is a moron and turned the guy into a one dimensional pass rusher with short arms taking on double teams. The best way to save Micah is to move him to MLB and let him be a ball hawk. Pass rush him in blitz packages and from everywhere on the field. They are too stupid to do that though.

I would keep Micah if I had to pick. He is an elite talent. I like Dak but it’s clear he can’t win here. Time to move on from him but they won’t.