We can only keep Micah or Dak

Sheepherder

Reaction score
I wouldn't keep either one at this point.

I have rooted for Dak and I have staunchly defended him. However, I just don't see paying him the kind of money he will be sure to demand. However, i also don't see how the Cowboys can afford to take the hit on his salary next season, some 60 million, isn't it?

I think they should trade Parsons, he only plays elite for three months. After November, he is completely average. In four playoff games he has one sack. Is that elite? Then why give him an elite contract?
Ok but on the other hand, have you not noticed that Parsons is tired at the end of the season for the last few years. They are wearing Parsons out and I just don't think they know how to use him where he is more effective. I hope Dan Quinn is removed. And I wouldn't pay Dak no more than what he is making, period

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Ok but on the other hand, have you not noticed that Parsons is tired at the end of the season for the last few years. They are wearing Parsons out and I just don't think they know how to use him where he is more effective. I hope Dan Quinn is removed. And I wouldn't pay Dak no more than what is making, period
have no idea what to do, that's bad!!! I don't think it's that hard, or maybe it's him saying he doesn't want to move around

Sheepherder

Reaction score
Am I the only one around here that thinks Cooper Rush could do a good job. How many games was it he won before Dak came back?

Sandyf

Reaction score
Amazing to see how our fans react. So we can't keep Dak or this or that. No way we can keep Dak, Lamb and Parsons and be competitive. Maybe someone should tell Kansas City or San Francisco or Buffalo or Baltimore that they can't do it with $60 million a year QBs (49ers will be paying that after next year).

If management works the cap right and get the players you need then you can be competitive every year even with the turnover of some 15 to 20 players every year. Don't say it can't be done because good teams do it every year. After the Rams won the Super Bowl, it was going to be downhill for years and yet they made the playoffs a year after being down. A good front office can get you there along with a good HC.

Chasing6

Reaction score
They save 34M by trading/cuttiing Dak after June 1st.

Regardless of the playoffs and Super Bowl, McCarthy should be fired if he can't make Trey Lance into at least an OK starting QB.
- Lance is probably already better than NFL starting QBs like Justin Fields..
Lance is trash.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Because they waited so long to negotiate the contract that they had no choice but to give in on every demand he made.
At some point they have to cut their lose and move it but we know they are too stubborn.to do so.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I wouldn't keep either player. Dak isn't worth north of $25M-$30M/year and Parsons, as good as he is, is just going to be too expensive to make sense.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Micah might switch to LB after he gets paid - but he there is no way he will before. He wants the bag as a DE not LB

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
I voted McCarthy...but wish I could take it back and pick Jerry. But here's WHY I picked McCarthy. Notice how Amendola and Edelman responded when they were down 28-3 at halftime...vs...our team that probably tuned out McCarthy:

FoxF

Reaction score
Have you noticed that all of the "backstabbing" and finger pointing is directed at 1 player?
I see your point. Very true, to be fair he is also the highest paid and probably a lot of this talk goes on at other teams behind closed doors at the QB position. Human nature, happens at every company at some levels. Just keep it behind closed doors.

Having said that, Dak definitely deserves the questioning at this point and maybe it is best for all involve that we go are separate ways.

Adreme

Reaction score
At some point they have to cut their lose and move it but we know they are too stubborn.to do so.
There aren’t really any losses though, at least with that contract. At the moment they are getting an unquestioned top 10 QB, who undeniably had a top 5 year (technically top 2 as the all pro confirms), and they are getting that at the market rate.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
No way you exercise Micah's 5th-year option as we will lose him to FA.
Extending Dak who needs mucho help is counterproductive as you will not have the cap $ to put a good enough team around him.
CD is getting paid this offseason.
The only viable option is going QB cheap (Lance) and building up the defense to keep us in game while we see what Lance can do out there.
Ok so we don't make the playoffs (or do as Rush went 5-1) but we get a higher pick in 2025 to go get our new franchise QB prospect.
Face it this team as it is structured at BEST is one and done.
Prescot has proven since 2017 that he doesn't have the abilities to take the Cowboys to the next level and it's time to move on from him.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
I think oit would be funnier to ask. Dak,Micah or Jerry?? You know my vote...Jerry....hands down....

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I wouldn't keep either one at this point.
If that’s the case enjoy playing out the schedule with nothing but a high draft pick to play for with several games remaining. See if you think that rut is better than the one we’re currently in.