We can't seriously be starting Brandon Weeden

spook930

Reaction score
I'm sick and tired of you guys keep bringing up the cards game like that wasn't one of the best defenses that year. Starting QB's struggles against that defense so what do you think a back up was going to do?

GiveDezdaBall88

Reaction score
No I haven't, but it was one game against one of the best teams and defenses in the league. A lot of backups would've struggled in that situation especially with not being able to run the ball. Something we need to do.

Every team we play is going to load the box. also Romo makes all the line audibles and hot routes. This line wont look nearly as good wihtout romo

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Well for one thing, that Cardinals defense was better than anything Weeden will be facing this year. Even the Patriots defense is wobbily. And our defense is playing much better then last year. And we have Hardy and McClain back in 2 weeks.

We will have to win tight, low scoring games. I'm confident we can win a few of those with Romo gone.

We just need to get the running game back into shape like it was last year. If we can get back to the point that the QB doesn't have to win games, we will be okay.

CxC1993

Reaction score
I don't know how these next few weeks will go but I'm going to root for Weeden to help win some games until Romo & Dez's return. I think he can be fine if he just drives the bus and the defense continues to play well.

RunDMC

Reaction score
Every team we play is going to load the box. also Romo makes all the line audibles and hot routes. This line wont look nearly as good wihtout romo

Good they can load the box. Cowboys can throw on early downs. Loosen things up.

GiveDezdaBall88

Reaction score
I'm sick and tired of you guys keep bringing up the cards game like that wasn't one of the best defenses that year. Starting QB's struggles against that defense so what do you think a back up was going to do?

Bro did you just wake up from a nap, He was awful on the browns. IN the pre-season he coulnt even take a shotgun snap vs San diego

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just reviewed the tape of last years game vs Zona, absolutely horrendous. Lets hear the pundits say that we will be fine with this guy at QB, no we wont. We might not win another game wiht him as QB, take this to the bank
I have very little confidence in Weeden but I will allow the actual games to decide what will or will not happen.

You said we cannot seriously start Weeden. Since it is your thread, you should consider naming someone who you think the team should trot out during this stretch of games without Romo that's better than Weeden.

RunDMC

Reaction score
Why Do you think he will be able to do this? hes so inaccurate and cant handle pressure

Weeden was pretty accurate against Philadelphia. If we don't put him in tough situations. Like being in third and longs which is why we need to run the ball. Get him some early completions early. That's how we win. Along with great defense.

punchnjudy

Reaction score
They need to develop a plan for weeden and stick with it regardless of the situation. I like a combination of dinks and dunks along with deep passes. Neither require tough decision making and at least if a deep pass gets picked it's sorta like a punt. :)

AzorAhai

Reaction score
I have very little confidence in Weeden but I will allow the actual games to decide what will or will not happen.

You said we cannot seriously start Weeden. Since it is your thread, you should consider naming someone who you think the team should trot out during this stretch of games without Romo that's better than Weeden.

Beasley obviously. Duh!