We Had the Worst Defense in the NFL Last Year and we haven't improved it

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by GiveDezdaBall88, Jul 31, 2014.

1. GiveDezdaBall88

GiveDezdaBall88 Benched

489 Messages
    105 Likes Received
    We don't have a pass rush with horrible LB's and a secondary that was gashed last year. We def can be worses.

2. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

8,593 Messages
    3,510 Likes Received
    I thought McClain was suppose to be all world if he can keep his head screwed on straight that is.

3. erod

erod Well-Known Member

28,969 Messages
    40,466 Likes Received
    Who cares if they were on the roster if they were on IR all season?

You don't think last year's defense would have been better with Spencer, Crawford, Bass, and Ratliff? Especially with the useless Ware gimping around all year. And Melton is a better player than Hatcher all day long.

What mess do you see at safety? Church, Wilcox, and Hamilton look good. They brought in McClain to replace Lee, and if his head is right, he's frankly better than Lee.

I'm not saying this will be a dominant defense, but it will be vastly better than last year. It's an entirely different squad.

65fastback2plus2 likes this.
  4. erod

erod Well-Known Member

28,969 Messages
    40,466 Likes Received
    You know zero about football. Done.

5. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

39,009 Messages
    38,224 Likes Received
    Who is Jerrah? Did JERRY sell the team, is this breaking news?

6. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Staff Member

41,218 Messages
    22,616 Likes Received
    http://i356.***BLOCKED***/albums/oo4/DallasEast1701/rowdymanyfaces_zpsc0980fc9.jpg
    I'm going to say... disgust..?​

jazzcat22 likes this.
  7. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Village Idiot

9,741 Messages
    9,464 Likes Received
    Because it is disingenuous hyperbole on your part to say they "added" 10 players, when you start listing a bunch of guys already on the roster.

If you don't see a mess at safety, I don't know what to tell you. Church is a decent player, but there is a huge void in talent after that. Wilcox was less than impressive last year, and so was Hamilton.

McClain is better than Lee? HAHAHA that is a good one. McClain hasn't played football in nearly two years.

silver likes this.
  8. GiveDezdaBall88

GiveDezdaBall88 Benched

489 Messages
    105 Likes Received
    Lmao, one of the dumbest things I have ever read.

9. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

16,352 Messages
    12,771 Likes Received
    The OP is full of hyperbole. He said Jerry did nothing for the defense which cannot be further from the truth. Whether you or the OP agrees with what was done does not change the fact additions were made.

10. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Village Idiot

9,741 Messages
    9,464 Likes Received
    Yes, but I was specifically addressing his statement of 10 or 11 players added to the defensive line. That was not factual.

11. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

39,009 Messages
    38,224 Likes Received
    12 players, if you count those returning from IR.
    9 new, through FA, draft, UDFA.

I say that's close enough in saying 10 or 11.

Also added 3 LB's, and 6 DB's

12. erod

erod Well-Known Member

28,969 Messages
    40,466 Likes Received
    The proper grammar and punctuation must have thrown you off.

13. erod

erod Well-Known Member

28,969 Messages
    40,466 Likes Received
    Yes, because all safeties are just awesome their first year in the league. Are you kidding me?

McClain was a top 10 pick and he's still a kid. This isn't some aging veteran coming off of injuries. I qualified it by saying he had to have his head right. He is physically dominant, one of the best college linebackers I've ever seen in my many years of watching football.

As far as the d-line, you lost that one already, so I'm done there. Entirely different group, and now it's wait-and-see.

14. TellerMorrow34

TellerMorrow34 BraveHeartFan

28,358 Messages
    5,076 Likes Received
    Just to be clear, so I'm not on the wrong page here, then you're saying that Smith, Bryant, Frederick, Martin, Williams are all trash and not quality players? I'm just making sure since you said we should have drafted quality players, thus indicating we've drafted none.

15. Hostile

Hostile The Duke

119,560 Messages
    4,444 Likes Received
    Is it burm? Where did I defend our D? If you open your eyes, and look at the last line I didn't.

If, you open them...

16. Hostile

Hostile The Duke

119,560 Messages
    4,444 Likes Received
  17. Hostile

Hostile The Duke

119,560 Messages
    4,444 Likes Received
    Either way, we stunk out loud. But I just don't really agree with we were the worst.

18. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

55,066 Messages
    89,974 Likes Received
    The defensive roster is an embarrassment. There's just no other way to describe it. A ton of JAGs and nary an impact player among them.

Tom Ciscowski should be ashamed of himself.

PA Cowboy Fan likes this.
  19. brucekr

brucekr Active Member

457 Messages
    155 Likes Received
    Being the worst and being 5th from the worst is like splitting hairs though, bossman. I'm too lazy to look into it more, but if dallas' offense was atrocious as the Raiders, we would have been bottom of the barrel on defense, even moreso than we were. A decent offense can mask/protect a horrid defense.

Be that as it may, I'm hopeful and casually optimistic about this year.

20. Hostile

Hostile The Duke

119,560 Messages
    4,444 Likes Received
    Since I am already "splitting hairs", 7th worst. 6 allowed more points.

Okay, so by that same token, if our Defense could have improved by say 70 points, would you also say that we could have had anywhere from 2 to 4 more wins and been a very good team? Because after all, our Offense was among the best in the NFL. Although I do think that being 7th and being 1st isn't splitting hairs given how good Denver was.