We Have Won Only 6 Games With Less Than 100 Yards Rushing With Dak As Starting QB Since 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Doesnt mean he will play.

And you think a qb is gonna sit out, not gain a year of service time, and lose 40 plus million???? no way in hell is he going to sit out. The rules absolutely do not reward the player for holding out. If they tag him and he does not report or sign the deal, he basically just sits in limbo. When the next season starts, he would be in the EXACT same position he was in the previous year.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
yea, you know, the game where we walked up and down the field? They say the run game sets up the pass game.... well Dak had over 400 yards passing in that game and we didnt rush worth a damn in that game.
I don't see the point here.

It just proves my post even more right.

The more you ask from Dak the more likely you are to lose.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Josh Allen lost every game (4) when the Bills didn't run for more than 100 yards last year.
According to you, Allen must have sucked last year. :lmao:

Josh Allen ability to run the ball helps keep defense in check.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Josh Allen lost every game (4) when the Bills didn't run for more than 100 yards last year.
According to you, Allen must have sucked last year. :lmao:
The year before that they won 7.

That's more in 1 year than Dak has done in 6+.

Try again.

Zman5

Reaction score
Josh Allen ability to run the ball helps keep defense in check.

Exactly. That's why I'm saying this stat is useless to evaluate QB's performance without context. A running QB will have less "wins when team rushes for less than 100yards" because he might be the reason the team rushed for over 100 yards.

Zman5

Reaction score
The year before that they won 7.

That's more in 1 year than Dak has done in 6+.

Try again.

According to your useless stat to evaluate QB's performance, he had a worst year last year then. He must be regressing. :lmao2:

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
According to your useless stat to evaluate QB's performance, he had a worst year last year then. He must be regressing. :lmao2:
Well, technically, he did.

He finished 2nd in the MVP voting in 2020 and didn't receive a vote in 2021.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Exactly. That's why I'm saying this stat is useless to evaluate QB's performance without context. A running QB will have less "wins when team rushes for less than 100yards" because they might be the reason the team rushed for over 100 yards.

I agree, I think there is some truth to the stats, I know Emmitt got the ball a lot but he was effective with the run, as teams started looking to take that away, Aikman would kill them with the pass. There has to be effectiveness in what you are doing. If a RB had 20 carries avg 2 yards a carry but bust 1 run for a long gainer, did you really have an effective run game or did you just hit 1 long run? Barkely had 81 yards on the night, take away 1 run of 36 his avg was 3.4 yards per carry. 1 Big run in all the possession they had, had Dallas offense been more effective NY would have been blown out

Zman5

Reaction score
I agree, I think there is some truth to the stats, I know Emmitt got the ball a lot but he was effective with the run, as teams started looking to take that away, Aikman would kill them with the pass. There has to be effectiveness in what you are doing. If a RB had 20 carries avg 2 yards a carry but bust 1 run for a long gainer, did you really have an effective run game or did you just hit 1 long run? Barkely had 81 yards on the night, take away 1 run of 36 his avg was 3.4 yards per carry. 1 Big run in all the possession they had, had Dallas offense been more effective NY would have been blown out

I'm not saying running isn't important to team winning or losing. What I'm saying is that to solely evaluate QB's performance based on "winning while rushing for less than 100 yards" is useless without context. Dak played much better against TB than against the Chargers last year. Yet he lost to TB and won against the Chargers because we ran much better against the Chargers.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I don't see the point here.

It just proves my post even more right.

The more you ask from Dak the more likely you are to lose.

I am no huge Dak fan, but h played great in that gae and we damn sure didnt lose because we asked too much of him. We simply lost a game to a team that also had a good offense. That offensive PO at the end of the game that wasnt called also didnt hurt the bucs much.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I'm not saying running isn't important to team winning or losing. What I'm saying is that to solely evaluate QB's performance based on "winning while rushing for less than 100 yards" is useless without context. Dak played much better against TB than against the Chargers last year. Yet he lost to TB and won against the Chargers because we ran much better against the Chargers.

Your bringing logic into a discussion that was not started for logic....There is no gotcha moment in "When teams run the ball well they tend to win more games" , everyone knows that. Just like everyone knows putting up 30 points wont win you a game that the defense gives up 35...yet we dont get that thread do we..lol

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I am no huge Dak fan, but h played great in that gae and we damn sure didnt lose because we asked too much of him. We simply lost a game to a team that also had a good offense. That offensive PO at the end of the game that wasnt called also didnt hurt the bucs much.
We also didn't win because we asked to much from him.

We had the ball with a chance to take the lead in that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.