We haven't been to a NFC Championship game in 20 years.

Nav22

Reaction score
They're hated because fans keep bringing up what happened 20 and 30 years ago. With our prolonged lack of success, we really have nothing to brag about unless you're planning on throwing last year's playoff win in people's faces.

Hahaha yeah, because nobody hated us in the '90s!

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
They're hated because fans keep bringing up what happened 20 and 30 years ago. With our prolonged lack of success, we really have nothing to brag about unless you're planning on throwing last year's playoff win in people's faces.

We used to be hated because of what we did on the field. I believe a lot of the hate now is because we still act like it was 20 years ago. We're really just entertainment anymore. We put on a good show.

Nav22

Reaction score
I'm NOT expecting a Super Bowl every year but would like to at least get into the playoffs consecutively. Twice in the last 7 years is not good enough, it's just not! Also when did people lower their expectations so much that they're happy that they've won more games than the Lions, Browns, or Jaguars?! Why even bring those teams into the conversation?

Hahaha "I want playoff wins!"

"You won a playoff game last year."

"I want MOAR PLAYOFF WINZ!!!!!"

Dodger12

Reaction score
We used to be hated because of what we did on the field. I believe a lot of the hate now is because we still act like it was 20 years ago. We're really just entertainment anymore. We put on a good show.

I'd be embarrassed if I was in a watering hole and had to listen to a Cowboy's fan debating with another fan and using the success we had 20, 30 and 40 years ago. It's embarrassing and pathetic.

Nav22

Reaction score
Wins is plural bro. One win since 2009 isn't going to get many people excited except you of course....

We have 2 playoff wins since 2009. Plural.

But let me guess:

"I WANT MOAR!!!"

Nav22

Reaction score
Sure they did.....but with good reason because we were winners and we had ammo with which to talk crap. Now we've got nothing but something that happened 20 years ago. Lame.....

And we're still hated just as much, because the memories of those championships don't expire.

Welcome to being a fan of a wildly successful sports franchise!

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
We have 2 playoff wins since 2009. Plural.

But let me guess:

"I WANT MOAR!!!"

Yes 2 playoff wins since 2009....I meant to imply one playoff win since the playoff win against Philly. Why are you mocking that I want multiple playoff wins over a long period of time? You don't want success in the playoffs?! I'm starting to think you're just a troll and a fan of another team....

Dodger12

Reaction score
And we're still hated just as much, because the memories of those championships don't expire.

Welcome to being a fan of a wildly successful sports franchise!

And you wouldn't know a damn thing about it because if you did none of this would be acceptable. I don't like being one of three teams in the age of parity to not have made a Championship Game.

Listen, I'm going to say something to you that will severely offend you as a "modern" fan of this franchise and cut you to the core.....I'm risking being banned here but I have to say it in a language that you understand.....we were IRRELEVANT........

There.....now I'll take my 24 hour hit like a man.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
And you wouldn't know a damn thing about it because if you did none of this would be acceptable. I don't like being one of three teams in the age of parity to not have made a Championship Game.

Listen, I'm going to say something to you that will severely offend you as a "modern" fan of this franchise and cut you to the core.....I'm risking being banned here but I have to say it in a language that you understand.....we were IRRELEVANT........

There.....now I'll take my 24 hit like a man.

1318.gif

Nav22

Reaction score
Yes 2 playoff wins since 2009....I meant to imply one playoff win since the playoff win against Philly. Why are you mocking that I want multiple playoff wins over a long period of time? You don't want success in the playoffs?! I'm starting to think you're just a troll and a fan of another team....

Stop lying.

You want SUPER BOWL WINS. Loser franchises hope for playoff wins.

You've experienced at least 3 of those, so nobody should feel sorry for you. Especially yourself.

Nav22

Reaction score

There.....now I'll take my 24 hour hit like a man.

Someone's stuck in the pre-salary cap NFL. I wish you well in your quest to reach the 21st century!

I love how the standard you people have chosen (NFC title game appearances) was hand-picked in order to make you feel as low as you possibly could. Pretty pathetic.

Had you chosen something like "playoff wins", well, that wouldn't work because we won a playoff game last year.

We're a .500 team the last 20 years. Nothing to be proud of, but also nothing to be ashamed of. And if you dare delve before 20 years? Well, then you're entering DANGEROUS feel-good territory! Stay away!

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
Stop lying.

You want SUPER BOWL WINS. Loser franchises hope for playoff wins.

You've experienced at least 3 of those, so nobody should feel sorry for you. Especially yourself.

You're all over the place now. I always said I wanted playoff wins and Super Bowls but I understand that you can't win the Super Bowl every year so realistically I want playoff wins that could turn into Super Bowls. Feel sorry for me, what are you even talking about? I never said I wanted anyone to feel sorry for me. I am one fan out many that want exactly what I want. You just want to live off of the 90's and have a playoff win every 5-10 years. We all should be feeling sorry for you. Have a good night!

Nav22

Reaction score
You're all over the place now. I always said I wanted playoff wins and Super Bowls but I understand that you can't win the Super Bowl every year so realistically I want playoff wins that could turn into Super Bowls. Feel sorry for me, what are you even talking about? I never said I wanted anyone to feel sorry for me. I am one fan out many that want exactly what I want. You just want to live off of the 90's and have a playoff win every 5-10 years. We all should be feeling sorry for you. Have a good night!

LOL too bad you're not an Eagles fan. You would've had a blast with all those playoff wins in the early 2000s!

One winner, 31 losers. You're lying if you say you'd rather win playoff games in 5 straight years while never winning a Super Bowl over a Super Bowl win followed by 4 losing seasons.

Boo-hoo! We haven't lost in the NFC Championship game in so long!

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
LOL too bad you're not an Eagles fan. You would've had a blast with all those playoff wins in the early 2000s!

One winner, 31 losers. You're lying if you say you'd rather win playoff games in 5 straight years while never winning a Super Bowl over a Super Bowl win followed by 4 losing seasons.

Boo-hoo! We haven't lost in the NFC Championship game in so long!

No I'd rather have a Super Bowl than just playoff wins....why can't you comprehend that?! I said I wanted both....doesn't everybody?!!! You have to win playoff games to get to a Super Bowl, genius! I am not going to go back and forth with you anymore. Have fun celebrating our one playoff win from last year!!

Nav22

Reaction score
No I'd rather have a Super Bowl than just playoff wins....why can't you comprehend that?! I said I wanted both....doesn't everybody?!!! You have to win playoff games to get to a Super Bowl, genius! I am not going to go back and forth with you anymore. Have fun celebrating our one playoff win from last year!!

LOL! You want a Super Bowl win every year but you'll settle for an occasional Super Bowl win as long as you're winning playoff games almost every year.

Yeah, you're not a spoiled ingrate or anything!

JPostSam

Reaction score
Those years haven't gone anywhere. The rings and trophies have no expiration date. You'll have them until the day you die, even if you never get to experience that glory ever again.

The strong majority of the league hasn't won a Super Bowl since 1996, it's not just the Cowboys.

Quit feeling sorry for yourself. Most NFL fans would trade their team's history for ours in a heartbeat. We're the DALLAS FREAKING COWBOYS!

yeah, yeah, yeah -- and al bundy scored four touchdowns in one game for polk high back in '66. but what has he done lately?

look, i don't feel sorry for myself, and i wouldn't trade my team or my team's history for anything else.

it's *because* i enjoyed those championships so much that the futility since then has been so disappointing.

anyway, if you're not rooting for new wins and championships to enjoy now, what are you doing as a cowboys fan?