We haven't been to a NFC Championship game in 20 years.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
I am just spoiled I got to watch roger win the first one in 71 got to see all those years was a fantastic ride the last 20 have been really rough though. I just hope it changes soon.

slick325

Reaction score
One still controversial call and a defensive stop away just last season...what a difference a year makes.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
Useless stat. Getting to the NFC title game alone means absolutely nothing.

One winner, 31 losers.

Since 1992, America's Team has won 3 Super Bowls. Only the Patriots have won more during that span.

Why do you people think the Cowboys are SO hated by everyone who's not a Cowboys fan? Here's a hint: 5 Super Bowl wins and 34 playoff wins, which is tied for most all-time.

But keep pretending we're some bottom-feeding laughingstock if it makes you feel better. One season removed from 12-4 and a playoff win.

Useless stat lol! Ok so us going 12-4 last year then is a useles stat is it not? Plus I'd rather get to the NFCCG and have a 50-50 shot making it to the Super Bowl than not even making the playoffs at all. It boggles my mind that people on here are alright with how this team has performed overall the past 20 years. Smh!

yimyammer

Reaction score
Good thing, too. I'd worry about you guys if we had been to one. You'd have nothing to be miserable about.

you shut yer pie hole, we'd damn well find something to be miserable about, don't you ever underestimate us!

yimyammer

Reaction score
the dark ages

doubleblack10f-2-web.jpg

JPostSam

Reaction score
It's pathetic as much talent as this team has had over the years, they have not been able to at least make it to Championship Sunday. But some people say Cowboys fans are spoiled.:thumbdown:

when your team is bad and you don't expect anything, it doesn't hurt as much.

2007 hurt.

2011 hurt.

last year hurt.

this year was an abomination.

JPostSam

Reaction score

One winner, 31 losers.

Since 1992, America's Team has won 3 Super Bowls. Only the Patriots have won more during that span.

Why do you people think the Cowboys are SO hated by everyone who's not a Cowboys fan? Here's a hint: 5 Super Bowl wins and 34 playoff wins, which is tied for most all-time.

But keep pretending we're some bottom-feeding laughingstock if it makes you feel better. One season removed from 12-4 and a playoff win.

"lies, damned lies and statistics."

look, 1992 to 1995 were four amazing seasons. i remember them very, very fondly.

but it's been quite a slog since then.

Nav22

Reaction score
Useless stat lol! Ok so us going 12-4 last year then is a useles stat is it not? Plus I'd rather get to the NFCCG and have a 50-50 shot making it to the Super Bowl than not even making the playoffs at all. It boggles my mind that people on here are alright with how this team has performed overall the past 20 years. Smh!

Yes, us going 12-4 last year is useless as well. Like I've said repeatedly: one winner, 31 losers.

I wouldn't care if we made 20 straight NFC title games if they don't result in a single Super Bowl win.

That's why that's a useless stat. Comparing us to the Lions, a team that's never even appeared in a Super Bowl, is as asinine as it gets. We're an all-time powerhouse, they're an all-time laughingstock.

Again: why do you think we're SO hated by non-Cowboys fans? Because we haven't won a ring in 20 years? Or because our dominance is still fresh in the haters' minds?

We're hated among football fans the same way the Lakers are hated among basketball fans and the Yankees are hated among baseball fans. Twisting stats to make it seem like we've totally sucked for the last 20 years (we haven't) doesn't change that reality.

Nav22

Reaction score
"lies, damned lies and statistics."

look, 1992 to 1995 were four amazing seasons. i remember them very, very fondly.

but it's been quite a slog since then.

Those years haven't gone anywhere. The rings and trophies have no expiration date. You'll have them until the day you die, even if you never get to experience that glory ever again.

The strong majority of the league hasn't won a Super Bowl since 1996, it's not just the Cowboys.

Quit feeling sorry for yourself. Most NFL fans would trade their team's history for ours in a heartbeat. We're the DALLAS FREAKING COWBOYS!

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
The Lions also won 3 NFL championships in the 50's. The Browns won 3 titles in the 50's too. The years all add up. There are a lot of people that hate the Cowboys that don't even remember our last championship and that's only going to grow the longer it is. How many more years before those titles become irrelevant? I enjoyed those titles too but c'mon man.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
Yes, us going 12-4 last year is useless as well. Like I've said repeatedly: one winner, 31 losers.

I wouldn't care if we made 20 straight NFC title games if they don't result in a single Super Bowl win.

That's why that's a useless stat. Comparing us to the Lions, a team that's never even appeared in a Super Bowl, is as asinine as it gets. We're an all-time powerhouse, they're an all-time laughingstock.

Again: why do you think we're SO hated by non-Cowboys fans? Because we haven't won a ring in 20 years? Or because our dominance is still fresh in the haters' minds?

We're hated among football fans the same way the Lakers are hated among basketball fans and the Yankees are hated among baseball fans. Twisting stats to make it seem like we've totally sucked for the last 20 years (we haven't) doesn't change that reality.

I wasn't directly comparing the Cowboys to the Lions, it just so happens that the Lions are one of the 3 teams with the Cowboys that hasn't made an NFCCG since 1999. I never once said they were pitiful like the Lions geez!

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
The Lions also won 3 NFL championships in the 50's. The Browns won 3 titles in the 50's too. The years all add up. There are a lot of people that hate the Cowboys that don't even remember our last championship and that's only going to grow the longer it is. How many more years before those titles become irrelevant? I enjoyed those titles too but c'mon man.

It's pointless to go back and forth with him...he just doesn't get it! He's fine with the Cowboys being mediocre which is sad. I want playoff wins and Super Bowls.

Nav22

Reaction score
It's pointless to go back and forth with him...he just doesn't get it! He's fine with the Cowboys being mediocre which is sad. I want playoff wins and Super Bowls.

LOL! You had a "playoff win" just last year, remember? And you're already complaining again?

When's the last time the Lions or Browns or Jaguars won a playoff game?

No, what you meant to say is "I want Super Bowl wins and nothing less, but I'll still complain about other irrelevant things like no trips to the NFC title game since 1996 just to make myself feel like I've REALLY had it rough!"

I'm fine with 3 rings in my 24 years of being a fan, yes. In fact, I feel extremely fortunate for those rings. Would I prefer 4 or 5 or 6 or 10? Of course.

But I'm tortured by my ability to do basic math. One winner each season and 32 teams competing under a salary cap.

If you were expecting multiple Super Bowl titles since 1996, well, too bad. That wasn't a realistic expectation. Nor is multiple Super Bowl wins in the next 20 years a realistic expectation. If it happens, you count your blessings. But to EXPECT it is ridiculous, especially since there's nothing you can personally do to control it.

In the meantime, coming up with stats to make you feel unfortunate is comical to me.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
LOL! You had a "playoff win" just last year, remember? And you're already complaining again?

When's the last time the Lions or Browns or Jaguars won a playoff game?

No, what you meant to say is "I want Super Bowl wins and nothing less, but I'll still complain about other irrelevant things like no trips to the NFC title game since 1996 just to make myself feel like I've REALLY had it rough!"

I'm fine with 3 rings in my 24 years of being a fan, yes. In fact, I feel extremely fortunate for those rings. Would I prefer 4 or 5 or 6 or 10? Of course.

But I'm tortured by my ability to do basic math. One winner each season and 32 teams competing under a salary cap.

If you were expecting multiple Super Bowl titles since 1996, well, too bad. That wasn't a realistic expectation. Nor is multiple Super Bowl wins in the next 20 years a realistic expectation. If it happens, you count your blessings. But to EXPECT it is ridiculous, especially since there's nothing you can personally do to control it.

In the meantime, coming up with stats to make you feel unfortunate is comical to me.

I'm NOT expecting a Super Bowl every year but would like to at least get into the playoffs consecutively. Twice in the last 7 years is not good enough, it's just not! Also when did people lower their expectations so much that they're happy that they've won more games than the Lions, Browns, or Jaguars?! Why even bring those teams into the conversation?

Dodger12

Reaction score

One winner, 31 losers.

They're hated because fans keep bringing up what happened 20 and 30 years ago. With our prolonged lack of success, we really have nothing to brag about unless you're planning on throwing last year's playoff win in people's faces.