We haven't been to a NFC Championship game in 20 years.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Except we made an NFC Championship appearance the year after Jimmy left the building. Then a Super Bowl title the following year. And an NFC Championship appearance last year if not for a blown call.

First of all. We did NOT make the NFC Title game last year. And IF...IF the Dez catch counted....I doubt this defense would have held. There was over 3 mins left...and we did not sniff Rodgers all day....so what would have changed.

And you are right...the team that JIMMY built was so good...we continued to win AFTER Jimmy left. You are simply playing devils advocate if you are suggesting Jerry built those teams. Now Jerry seems to think he had a big part in building those teams...which is WHY he thinks he is a football man. But anybody with an ounce of football knowledge knows Jimmy built those teams....and the RESULTS suggest that SINCE Jimmy/the roster he built...left the building...we have not come close....close....to even being a real contender.

Nav22

Reaction score
First of all. We did NOT make the NFC Title game last year. And IF...IF the Dez catch counted....I doubt this defense would have held. There was over 3 mins left...and we did not sniff Rodgers all day....so what would have changed.

And you are right...the team that JIMMY built was so good...we continued to win AFTER Jimmy left. You are simply playing devils advocate if you are suggesting Jerry built those teams. Now Jerry seems to think he had a big part in building those teams...which is WHY he thinks he is a football man. But anybody with an ounce of football knowledge knows Jimmy built those teams....and the RESULTS suggest that SINCE Jimmy/the roster he built...left the building...we have not come close....close....to even being a real contender.

Still playing the "Jerry makes all the roster decisions!!!" card? What is this, 1998?

Didn't we stop giving Jerry all the credit/blame last year when we were actually successful? It was McClay, Stephen, Garrett, the assistants etc, but certainly not Jerry.

Now we're blaming Jerry again after a bad year? LOL typical.

Omegasupreme

Reaction score
Except we made an NFC Championship appearance the year after Jimmy left the building. Then a Super Bowl title the following year. And an NFC Championship appearance last year if not for a blown call.

The "if" game can be applied to many different scenarios. Frankly, during the three 8-8 years Dallas had 4 games each year that if Garrett just did not show up for the games they probably would have won them. The conventional wisdom and common sense that most football coaches from Pop Warner to the Geriatric Leagues of simply running out the clock with a lead, not icing a kicker, using a strategy that the other team had not seen on years of game tape and especially adjusting to the opponent's defense when the entire middle of the field is wide open (Collinsworth appalled that Jason failed to adjust and he kept throwing deep sidelines unsuccessfully), would have placed Dallas in the playoffs at least one or two of those years.

But the tough thing about the "if the Dez catch" thing is that Detroit was outplaying the Cowboys offense and were regularly anticipating when the "distance patterns" were coming and sacking Romo. Hitchens's play was passing interference and Dallas got lucky.

Again, any other coach in the league would have seen what was not working and the Cowboys would,have dominated Detroit and Green Bay with running plays and short passes, but there was a good chance that Dallas would,not have gotten past Detroit to Green Bay with a different team of refs.

If!

TX Cowboy

Reaction score
Just let that sink in for a minute. :facepalm:

10 NFC championships

5 Lombardi titles

20 consecutive winning seasons

22 division titles

8 super bowl appearances

and your complaining??? :facepalm: let's let that sink in for a minute shall we

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
I don't know I kinda liked it when coach landry was here and we were in the hunt every year for 20 years. To me that was the fun times. Jerry jones is a dud as a generalmanager.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
10 NFC championships

5 Lombardi titles

20 consecutive winning seasons

22 division titles

8 super bowl appearances

and your complaining??? :facepalm: let's let that sink in for a minute shall we

Since we have accomplished all there is to accomplish...I guess Jerry should just dismantle the Cowboys and put his efforts into a different business venture....oh wait...he's already doing.....never mind.

TX Cowboy

Reaction score
Since we have accomplished all there is to accomplish...I guess Jerry should just dismantle the Cowboys and put his efforts into a different business venture....oh wait...he's already doing.....never mind.

Not what I am saying at all, what I am saying is? we should be appreciative of what we have
rather than complainers of not being there in 20 years, our time rises again all those who know
history knows it likes to repeat itself!! but there needs to be patience that's all

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Not what I am saying at all, what I am saying is? we should be appreciative of what we have
rather than complainers of not being there in 20 years, our time rises again all those who know
history knows it likes to repeat itself!! but there needs to be patience that's all

The people that you label as "complainers" are just venting based on the EVIDENCE that is plain to see. IF...IF....Jerry had a big hand in scouting, coaching, or selecting the talent that last won a Super Bowl....I would feel optimistic. But when you are 1 of 3 teams to NOT play in a conference title game.....and the person that is the architect of this franchise has NOT changed in 20 years....how can we just assume history repeat itself?

In the 20 years that have passed...Jerry has without a doubt raised the value and profile of this franchise. That is something he is GOOD at. That is something he has had a big hand in. So I feel optimistic that he will ensure the Cowboys are always PROFITABLE (even though that means little to me). But Super Bowl trophies don't just "fall into your lap"....because it is "time". If that were the case...EVERY team in the NFL would have won a trophy by now. And all the "complainers" are just pointing out that the man "in charge" of this football operation....has not made it ONE.....ONE....serious run at the Super Bowl...since Jimmy's players/coaches/influence.....left the building.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Lol at some homers in here defending this franchise and front office for the results over the last 20 years. How could any fan be happy with the lack of success since 95? People say "well at least we're not the Browns" but to me, we arent in that much better shape than they are.

TX Cowboy

Reaction score
The people that you label as "complainers" are just venting based on the EVIDENCE that is plain to see. IF...IF....Jerry had a big hand in scouting, coaching, or selecting the talent that last won a Super Bowl....I would feel optimistic. But when you are 1 of 3 teams to NOT play in a conference title game.....and the person that is the architect of this franchise has NOT changed in 20 years....how can we just assume history repeat itself?

In the 20 years that have passed...Jerry has without a doubt raised the value and profile of this franchise. That is something he is GOOD at. That is something he has had a big hand in. So I feel optimistic that he will ensure the Cowboys are always PROFITABLE (even though that means little to me). But Super Bowl trophies don't just "fall into your lap"....because it is "time". If that were the case...EVERY team in the NFL would have won a trophy by now. And all the "complainers" are just pointing out that the man "in charge" of this football operation....has not made it ONE.....ONE....serious run at the Super Bowl...since Jimmy's players/coaches/influence.....left the building.

No doubt he is good at business but he's also arrogant/stubborn and has refused to see he is the problem
so the time away from the super bowls and all that other stuff, makes me very appreciative of what we have
considering there are so many out there right now who have failed to win a title a lot longer than we have so
why sweat it?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's pathetic as much talent as this team has had over the years, they have not been able to at least make it to Championship Sunday. But some people say Cowboys fans are spoiled.:thumbdown:

That's the only thing that keeps me going during all this losing. All the amazing talent we always assemble.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score

Yep I've been told I'm selfish for wanting us to win like that again. I guess I can die happy.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
They wont be going in 2016 either!
had a chance to get murray back, and blew it again !!
people think they will get zeke but they wont.

jnday

Reaction score
Yeah but it's fun pretending you're an NFL General Manager.

Is this this the right zone to say that Dallas has the only team that the GM and coaches are not accountable and they have many fans that agree with that? The buck is supposed to stop somewhere . It doesn't in Dallas. Dallas has real " football guys" running the show.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is this this the right zone to say that Dallas has the only team that the GM and coaches are not accountable and they have many fans that agree with that? The buck is supposed to stop somewhere . It doesn't in Dallas. Dallas has real " football guys" running the show.

It's the perfect Zone for that sentiment, yes.