We haven't been to a NFC Championship game in 20 years.

Nav22

Reaction score
It's pathetic as much talent as this team has had over the years, they have not been able to at least make it to Championship Sunday. But some people say Cowboys fans are spoiled.:thumbdown:

If you're in your 30s or older and have been a Cowboys fan since you were a young kid, you've absolutely been spoiled silly by witnessing 3 Super Bowl titles.

What's an NFC Championship appearance if it doesn't result in the big prize anyways? One winner, 31 losers.

cej757

Reaction score
If you're in your 30s or older and have been a Cowboys fan since you were a young kid, you've absolutely been spoiled silly by witnessing 3 Super Bowl titles.

What's an NFC Championship appearance if it doesn't result in the big prize anyways? One winner, 31 losers.

I'll give you a 10 year window to use that excuse. Yes three Super Bowl wins were nice and it does give you a grace period but we're talking about 20 years now. By 2005 that grace period should be expired.

cej757

Reaction score

I'm not even complaining about not winning a SuperBowl or even getting to a SuperBowl, but you should at least have 1 NFC Championship appearance in 20 years.

Nav22

Reaction score
I'll give you a 10 year window to use that excuse. Yes three Super Bowl wins were nice and it does give you a grace period but we're talking about 20 years now. By 2005 that grace period should be expired.

Tell that to a fan of the 13 NFL franchises (40% of the league) that have never won a SINGLE Super Bowl and they'd laugh in your face.

Spoiled silly.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Good thing, too. I'd worry about you guys if we had been to one. You'd have nothing to be miserable about.

nah it would then be only one in 20 years

Just like JJT used to say, win a playoff game and I will stop writing no playoff wins since Dec 1996. It is true, he did that, just started writing "only one win since 1996"

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
I've posted this before but I'm going to post it again on this thread.

Since 1999 there's only been 3 teams in the NFC that have not made it to at least the NFC Championship Game. The Detroit Lions, Washington Commanders, and Dallas Cowboys. Let that one sink in for awhile!

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
It's pathetic as much talent as this team has had over the years, they have not been able to at least make it to Championship Sunday. But some people say Cowboys fans are spoiled.:thumbdown:

I agree with this. We've had some real players.

While at the same time, we often times overrate our own talent, but at the same time, some years it's been more than enough to realistically reach an NFC Champ game.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score

Since 1999 there's only been 3 teams in the NFC that have not made it to at least the NFC Championship Game. The Detroit Lions, Washington Commanders, and Dallas Cowboys. Let that one sink in for awhile!
Ouch. That's rough.

Nav22

Reaction score

Useless stat. Getting to the NFC title game alone means absolutely nothing.

One winner, 31 losers.

Since 1992, America's Team has won 3 Super Bowls. Only the Patriots have won more during that span.

Why do you people think the Cowboys are SO hated by everyone who's not a Cowboys fan? Here's a hint: 5 Super Bowl wins and 34 playoff wins, which is tied for most all-time.

But keep pretending we're some bottom-feeding laughingstock if it makes you feel better. One season removed from 12-4 and a playoff win.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Useless stat. Getting to the NFC title game alone means absolutely nothing.

One winner, 31 losers.

Since 1992, America's Team has won 3 Super Bowls. Only the Patriots have won more during that span.

Why do you people think the Cowboys are SO hated by everyone who's not a Cowboys fan? Here's a hint: 5 Super Bowl wins and 34 playoff wins, which is tied for most all-time.

But keep pretending we're some bottom-feeding laughingstock if it makes you feel better. One season removed from 12-4 and a playoff win.

Yep, its just a cute way to make us seem worse than the Jaguars, Raiders and Browns of the world when we're not even in the same dimension losing percentage-wise as those teams over the mentioned period. It sucks and is unfortunately a fact, but that's about it.