We need a Safety

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Bleu Star, Mar 15, 2019.

1. starfan1

starfan1 Well-Known Member

365 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    well to be fair hes earned some of it. Maybe not to the level he gets it but that's pretty typical of cowboy fans. When someone gets in our doghouse we get on him pretty hard. Good news is if he makes a couple of huge plays well let him out of it. I remember the huge play he made in the green bay game a few years back. He would have been BMOC had woods not allowed a 25 yard completion on 4th down.

i think the cowboys like him much more than the fans do . Just like Dak,Just like Romo and a few others.

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

8,993 Messages
    15,307 Likes Received
    Exactly, Jeff Heath is a better starting saftey than Geoff Swaim is a starting TE but the hate posts are a thousand times more for Heath. I expect Heath to be replaced in the starting lineup, but the hate is comical like you say.

RoboQB and Roadtrip635 like this.
  3. bigdnlaca

bigdnlaca Well-Known Member

1,810 Messages
    538 Likes Received
    That is why the Cowboys haven't signed a safety. Because almost (said that because JJ Wilcox is available) every safety is going to be an upgrade over 38

4. pacboyX

pacboyX Well-Known Member

739 Messages
    441 Likes Received
    The hate stems from years and years of poor safety play and little investment in the position. We are tired of it and Heath is the current safety worthy of getting deemed trashhhhh. Church, Keith Davis, Hamlin, etc before that..until they actually try to have a nice safety pair then we will classify them trash and garbage. Heath was literally bottom 3-5 safety in the league...literally. So stick up for him as u wish..one mans trash is another treasure but that treasure may be in the xfl form or something.

5. RoboQB

RoboQB Well-Known Member

3,239 Messages
    3,928 Likes Received
    He keeps changing from DT to DE to DT to DE. Probably mostly to avoid you guys... lol.

He doesn't get anywhere near the hate that Heath gets.

6. RoboQB

RoboQB Well-Known Member

3,239 Messages
    3,928 Likes Received
    Can you literally show me where it says he's the "bottom 3-5 safety" in the league.
    If it's literal, wouldn't there be just a single number?

Kaiser likes this.
  7. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

8,993 Messages
    15,307 Likes Received
    Thanks for proving my point. Barry Church was such "trash" that the Jags paid him 13 Million dollars for two seasons. Hamlin started 96 games in the NFL and had several above average seasons for the Cowboys.

If that makes you hate them, you were a hater to start with.

jjktkk likes this.
  8. KingintheNorth

KingintheNorth Chris in Arizona

10,649 Messages
    11,439 Likes Received
    Opposing offenses already do.

Techsass likes this.
  9. Streetwise

Streetwise Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

7,642 Messages
    8,020 Likes Received
    Could also maneuver draft positions. But I'm with you, grab a FA now and then try to draft one.

10. Undefeated

Undefeated Active Member

200 Messages
    165 Likes Received
    I'm assuming he's talking about starting safeties, but I would also like to see the list.

11. 3rd_n_inches

3rd_n_inches Well-Known Member

1,725 Messages
    1,643 Likes Received
    I would think Richard has some input on who he wants in his system and what type of guy fits the mold. That could mean there is someone in the draft he would rather have or could be a player in FA but it seems to be obvious nobody is wanting to overspend.

Dallas has some key contracts on the table like DLaw and if Jerry and Stephen want to make a deal it is probably best not to make splashy signings. The players seem to believe in themselves enough to not break up the band.

12. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

32,339 Messages
    45,915 Likes Received
    Think he's still out there, as is Tre Boston.

So there are definitely names out there that would help and be cheap. Whether they move on any, who knows.

13. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

32,339 Messages
    45,915 Likes Received
    It's not hard to figure out.

In 2017, Geoff Swaim got 172 snaps. Geoff Heath got 880.

There's been a lot of below average to crappy players that didn't get much hate because they didn't play much. Problem is Heath plays a ton.

14. waldoputty

waldoputty Well-Known Member

19,723 Messages
    17,648 Likes Received
    i resent that statement, sir

Beaker42 likes this.
  15. Cowboysheelsreds053

Cowboysheelsreds053 Well-Known Member

4,370 Messages
    2,837 Likes Received
    That first part is the truth.

ConceptCoop likes this.
  16. RoboQB

RoboQB Well-Known Member

3,239 Messages
    3,928 Likes Received
    I was assuming that as well.

17. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

32,339 Messages
    45,915 Likes Received
    If you get giggy with how PFF rates players, they have Mr. Heath as being their 81st best safety in the NFL last year.

18. Mr_437

Mr_437 Well-Known Member

2,471 Messages
    2,396 Likes Received
    They don't value S at all, just look at the salaries...Jeff Heath is the highest paid at 2.5M. Bad thing is it won't cost to get a guy in FA that would be arguably the best S on the team for around 3M per.

19. remdak

remdak Well-Known Member

2,856 Messages
    4,001 Likes Received
    I won't disagree with that.

Beaker42 likes this.
  20. pacboyX

pacboyX Well-Known Member

739 Messages
    441 Likes Received
    Bing bing bing

Including one of worst tackling safeties in league.