We need to rest Ezekiel Elliott, entire OL, Dak, and Dez

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Our starter isn't a fragile 36 year old with multiple injuries. I see no reason to believe Dak would get hurt, we handled Philly before. He is a rookie and needs the experience.........you Romo lovers want Romo at any cost

And you Dak homers are blatantly afraid he will outplay the rookie so you don't want him to see the field. Even when common sense dictates he should get playing time.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
LOL at you guys acting like Romo is made of paper. Dude is tough as nails and they'll go after him until he makes them pay for it. Which he will.

Romo would be fine.
Last 2 times Romo has been hit......broken shoulder and then broken back. I don't question his toughness I question his body holding up......that's 2 different things

SDCowboy

Reaction score
LOL at you guys acting like Romo is made of paper. Dude is tough as nails and they'll go after him until he makes them pay for it. Which he will.

Romo would be fine.
Romo being tough has nails has zero to do with his durability or lack there of.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Romo would be fine.

Lol they not concerned with his health. They just know that Romo would have this offense clicking in ways Dak can't this year and it will ruin their fantasy dream about the rookie. Rather be right then do what's best for the team.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Exactly. There is very little to gain by giving Tony emergency reps. There are too many things that can go against this team by playing him.
You want Tony for the playoffs not for a meaningless game when you know The Eagles would love to take him out. At least in the playoffs it would mean something. Otherwise we're stuck with Sanchez as backup.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Last 2 times Romo has been hit......broken shoulder and then broken back. I don't question his toughness I question his body holding up......that's 2 different things

Last 2 times he got hit? Hmmm I distinctly remember Romo being hit more than once in the Dolphins preseason game this year and not getting hurt. But of course lets continue revisionist history

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Lol they not concerned with his health. They just know that Romo would have this offense clicking in ways Dak can't this year and it will ruin their fantasy dream about the rookie. Rather be right then do what's best for the team.
That's like the pot calling the kettle........lol We're 12-2. Don't have to worry about any fantasy. The fantasy is a reality no matter what happens.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ezekiel Elliott for the next two games. Rest entire offensive line and defense. Put Sanchez in. I would only play Dez for the half and I wouldn't even study gametape of phila or Detroit now. Our entire focus should be playoffs, the pressure on us will be enormous. Thoughts?
How would you rest the entire OLine?

They only have 7 on the 53 man roster.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
And you Dak homers are blatantly afraid he will outplay the rookie so you don't want him to see the field. Even when common sense dictates he should get playing time.
Haha outplay the rookie. Look I could care less about Dak or Romo I'm about winning. I'm not a Dak homer and I'm not a Romo hater I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan and the best for the team right now is to play the rookie and let him get the most experience he can before the playoffs start. I want him sharp for the playoffs not getting lazy sitting on the bench. He is a rookie and needs the reps. We accomplish nothing by playing Romo.

By the way I have no fear of Romo out playing Dak cause Dak has outplayed Romo so far.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Last 2 times he got hit? Hmmm I distinctly remember Romo being hit more than once in the Dolphins preseason game this year and not getting hurt. But of course lets continue revisionist history
And what happened the next game? 4 games played in 2 years and got injured in 2 of them.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That's like the pot calling the kettle........lol We're 12-2. Don't have to worry about any fantasy. The fantasy is a reality no matter what happens.

So if its nothing to worry about then they should give your "starter" some time off and let the "backup" get some reps like any sane team would do. But then again most sane teams don't have a backup better then the starter so I guess we are different in that regard ;)

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Haha outplay the rookie. Look I could care less about Dak or Romo I'm about winning. I'm not a Dak homer and I'm not a Romo hater I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan and the best for the team right now is to play the rookie and let him get the most experience he can before the playoffs start. I want him sharp for the playoffs not getting lazy sitting on the bench. He is a rookie and needs the reps. We accomplish nothing by playing Romo.

By the way I have no fear of Romo out playing Dak cause Dak has outplayed Romo so far.
I remember 2007. The team acted like they already won something. Dancing around after winning the NFC East. Taking things easy. You play the win the game. You need the team to stay hungry.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
He threw 5 times against Miami......youre right Romo was hit over and over again

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Why don't they just have Alabama suit up and our whole team can have a month off? :laugh:

You can't rest too many players because that can have negative effects on the team as a whole, can lead to more injuries due to not playing hard or not knowing your assignments, etc.

The only guys who should not see the field are those nursing injuries like Tank, Mo and maybe Smith. We can only rest a couple on the O-Line anyways. So, whichever QB gets in there, he will have sufficient blockage.

Dak needs to stay sharp and be involved with the game-planning while getting some snaps. I would not be opposed to letting him start the first half in each game and let Romo take the 2nd halves. Sanchez will not be on the active roster, so that is a futile discussion. I do not want to see Dak taking the last game off.

If Romo can't take the hits, we will go to plan C for the post-season......Sanchez as the back-up but Romo does need some game action just to get some rust off and see where he stands. As of right now, Dallas is going in blind at the back-up position, I would like to get some answers now if he is called upon in a playoff game.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
So if its nothing to worry about then they should give your "starter" some time off and let the "backup" get some reps like any sane team would do. But then again most sane teams don't have a backup better then the starter so I guess we are different in that regard ;)
He's not better than the starter. If he was he would be playing. The guy is an aging injury proned QB. Some will not enjoy these playoffs unless Tony is playing. Don't want to give Dak any credit for the team's record. If Tony is so good then he doesn't need any reps in meaningless games cause they won't mean anything anyway.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I remember 2007. The team acted like they already won something. Dancing around after winning the NFC East. Taking things easy. You play the win the game. You need the team to stay hungry.
I'm mean a realist would see that. It's like some of these guys want us to lose its crazy