We need to rest Ezekiel Elliott, entire OL, Dak, and Dez

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I agree with you... but no worries. That ain't gonna happen.

Garrett will have them playing ball just like always minus a couple of guys nursing injuries who might have played if they needed the wins.

I feel Garrett will keep the team focused and playing hard, he did at the end of the 2014 season. We didn't lay down in Washington in the season finale like Wade allowed the team to do in Washington in 2007.

cmoney23

Reaction score
I'd treat this week like the 3rd week of the preseason, dress rehearsal for a half. Then get key contributors out.
Zeke, Dez, Tyron, Lee, and maybe Dak.
Week 17 I'd treat like week 2 of the preseason, get the Offense one good drive and sit all you can.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I feel Garrett will keep the team focused and playing hard, he did at the end of the 2014 season. We didn't lay down in Washington in the season finale like Wade allowed the team to do in Washington in 2007.
Right. That's how I see it too.

lukin2006

Reaction score
They are not resting guys that are healthy, they are playing to win, and they should...the guys need to stay sharp and focused, the last thing they want to happen is to develop sloppy play and bad habits.

Lutonio

Reaction score
I'd like to put Sean Lee on the shelf. I think we can agree he has the ability to pick right back up.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
ezekiel Elliott for the next two games. Rest entire offensive line and defense. Put Sanchez in. I would only play Dez for the half and I wouldn't even study gametape of phila or Detroit now. Our entire focus should be playoffs, the pressure on us will be enormous. Thoughts?

No, it is way too early to rest. That will buy you a one way ticket out of the playoffs.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
ezekiel Elliott for the next two games. Rest entire offensive line and defense. Put Sanchez in. I would only play Dez for the half and I wouldn't even study gametape of phila or Detroit now. Our entire focus should be playoffs, the pressure on us will be enormous. Thoughts?

Nah

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Go to YouTube type in cowboys versus dolphins 2016 preseason. Watch Romo get blasted. Come back here with your tail between your legs and excuses
Have watched it many times.....maybe you should go watch it. Only 5 passes won't take long

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Tony is a 14 year vet with more game experience in his pinky than our starter has in his body. He played last November for 2 games So thats nowhere near 2 years. And with him destroying our defense in practice practice the only people that think he will do bad are the ones who are afraid he will outplay the new shiny toy Dak.
By all means, put Tony in there. It doesn't matter if he scores 6 TDs, and throws for 600 yds, Dak is still our starter. That would give us good trade value for next year though, a true #1 pick. I'm all for that.

plasticman

Reaction score
Winning is still very important for the younger players. Even if the game is meaningless from a positioning perspective, there is still much to learn, the kind of things only experience will give you. Losing also has an effect regardless of circumstances, we don't want the slightest amount of doubt creeping in.

This is not a team of 8-10 year veterans capable of distinguishing any aftereffects of an embarrassing loss in weeks #16 and #17 so they must play to win.

Players that get into the game with the attitude that they will protect themselves from certain circumstances on the field are usually the ones that get hurt because they position themselves differently than they typically do. They stand there during a tackle and another player eager to get in the action mows them over. They try to stop themselves too quickly to prevent impact and screw up their hamstrings, things like that.

WarDaddy

kidcrook
Reaction score
This might seem crazy but we need to rest Tyron, Scandrick, Tank, T Crawford, Mayowa and maybe even Byron Jones (he seemed to get nicked in the last game).

I would like to see Wilcox and Gregory get up to speed and we have to play Romo. Maybe let Dak start the first half of the Detroit game and give Romo the rest of the season.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
After every bye we've played in this year, we've stunk. The longer these players take off, the worse off they will be. If I'm Garrett, we play all starters for the next two weeks. Anyone that comes up injured will be replaced. That's how we should roll.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
This is the NFL and you want to go into the playoffs on a winning note. Ask Belichek if he worries about his guys getting hurt in the last couple of game in the regular season.
Belichek would say he wishes he still had Gronk available. You play to win the game... because they matter. But when they don't matter you don't play to win.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
After every bye we've played in this year, we've stunk. The longer these players take off, the worse off they will be. If I'm Garrett, we play all starters for the next two weeks. Anyone that comes up injured will be replaced. That's how we should roll.
Patriots don't rest players. Brady still out there running up the score

plasticman

Reaction score
Well, maybe the Cowboys should just forfeit the last two games. No injuries, right?

The Cowboys owe it to their ticket holders to play to the best of their ability to win. might someone get hurt? yes.

However, based on recent events, I fear off field injuries and divisive incidents far more. Play to win. Play to dominate. if someone gets hurt, keep the I-told-you-so's to yourself, we all knew the risk, it's part of the game. You play the game of football because you are unafraid.