We need to rest Ezekiel Elliott, entire OL, Dak, and Dez

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
So you're changing your position now? Cause that's not what you said at first. Move the goalposts
I'm still waiting on you to show me where Romo took all these hits against Miami.........like I said the last 2 times Romo was hit he was injured

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm still waiting on you to show me where Romo took all these hits against Miami.........like I said the last 2 times Romo was hit he was injured

Go to YouTube type in cowboys versus dolphins 2016 preseason. Watch Romo get blasted. Come back here with your tail between your legs and excuses

StylisticS

Reaction score
We are 2 games from the Super Bowl regardless of what happens the next 2 games and they need to coach like it.

I want to see Dak take more shots down field and I want to see our offense try some things that they normally wouldn't try.
Agreed. I was telling this exact same thing to a friend last night. Would be nice to see them take some shots down field to see if he can gain any confidence on doing that the playoffs loom.

irishline

Reaction score
Go to YouTube type in cowboys versus dolphins 2016 preseason. Watch Romo get blasted. Come back here with your tail between your legs and excuses

I don't have a side in this disagreement as I am both a Dak and Romo fan. That said I did that, didn't see Romo get blasted, got hit once. What I did see... 4 penalty flags in the first 5 plays (3 holds on Dallas), and penalties on the first two punts. Good to see the refs are nothing if not consistent lol.

Also, what happened to THAT Alfred Morris? I want that version back.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't have a side in this disagreement as I am both a Dak and Romo fan. That said I did that, didn't see Romo get blasted, got hit once. What I did see... 4 penalty flags in the first 5 plays (3 holds on Dallas), and penalties on the first two punts. Good to see the refs are nothing if not consistent lol.

Also, what happened to THAT Alfred Morris? I want that version back.

Blasted may have been an exaggeration on my part, my point just was that he took a hit in the Dolphins game. That guy said it was a fact that the last two times Romo got hit he got injured and I was pointing out that wasn't accurate

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Blasted may have been an exaggeration on my part, my point just was that he took a hit in the Dolphins game. That guy said it was a fact that the last two times Romo got hit he got injured and I was pointing out that wasn't accurate
So he took a hit. He couldn't take another one. He survived the dolphins game last year too and got knocked out by Carolina the following game. He's been knocked out in 2 straight seasons. Everytime he gets hit fans have to hold their breath hoping that he gets back up.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
ezekiel Elliott for the next two games. Rest entire offensive line and defense. Put Sanchez in. I would only play Dez for the half and I wouldn't even study gametape of phila or Detroit now. Our entire focus should be playoffs, the pressure on us will be enormous. Thoughts?

No offense but you're insight into the game is about as bad as I've seen from anyone. If you rest Zeke, the entire OL and the defense the next two games they'll have three weeks off until they play again. Instead of being sharp and playoff ready in the divisional round most of the team will be trying to work off rust from a three week layoff. Get real!

Eddie

Reaction score
If we rest our starters, it will be almost a month before they play their next game. Expect another lose in the divisional game.

Rest NO one !! We play all out.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
What will happen is that Monday will played as a normal game except that those that are injured - no pressure to play. IF and big IF there was a blowout either way, Romo MAY come in at end for a Cowboy goodbye at home. Then on 1/1, many starters play a half, Zeke plays 2 series. Remember this team this year as not played well after extended time off. Though I am happy for a bye, it will force them to play starters longer to keep sharp.
Glad your team beat NY for us. Thanks man.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Giants losing last night might turn out to be the worst thing that could have happened if we decide to fold tent until the playoffs. We can't afford to start looking ahead and kiss off these last two games as meaningless or we could end up staggering into the playoffs. We have a chance to set a franchise record with 14 wins and we need to treat these last two games as tune ups for the playoffs. If players start mentally shutting it down the next couple of games that could lead to injuries and poor play. We just got back on track last week and we need to stay on track and finish this season on a positive note.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
ezekiel Elliott for the next two games. Rest entire offensive line and defense. Put Sanchez in. I would only play Dez for the half and I wouldn't even study gametape of phila or Detroit now. Our entire focus should be playoffs, the pressure on us will be enormous. Thoughts?
so you are going to stop doing the process that got us here. then just flip the switch back on in 3 weeks like it's a piece of electronic equipment?

what could go wrong? /sarcasm

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
The Giants losing last night might turn out to be the worst thing that could have happened if we decide to fold tent until the playoffs. We can't afford to start looking ahead and kiss off these last two games as meaningless or we could end up staggering into the playoffs. We have a chance to set a franchise record with 14 wins and we need to treat these last two games as tune ups for the playoffs. If players start mentally shutting it down the next couple of games that could lead to injuries and poor play. We just got back on track last week and we need to stay on track and finish this season on a positive note.
I agree with you... but no worries. That ain't gonna happen.

Garrett will have them playing ball just like always minus a couple of guys nursing injuries who might have played if they needed the wins.

T-RO

Reaction score