We ruined Garrett

visionary

Reaction score
Yes we sure did.

When we first got Garrett he was ultra aggressive, passed the rock down people's throat, and we were better offensively.

After he had a bad game or 2 people wanted his head, so therefore he changed up and got ultra conservative on offense.

Which in turn hurt Romo and our offense.

When it was 3rd and 3 or late in the game with a lead instead of doing the obvious, he went balls out and kept the foot on the throat. Yeah we got burned for that a few times, but that Garrett was 10x better than this Garrett

:lmao2:can't make this crap up

khiladi

Reaction score
Big big big. Really wore people down. Not nearly as skilled as what we have now though. But big and nasty.

Davis was probably too big and relied too much on athleticism. He hit the wall quickly and the rest of the line followed

Davis was a bust in Arizona. He was only good because Romo masked his play, like the others outside Flozell. This team still gave up close to forty sacks a year. 2007 was their only decent year and that’s because of Sporano.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Yes we sure did.

When we first got Garrett he was ultra aggressive, passed the rock down people's throat, and we were better offensively.

After he had a bad game or 2 people wanted his head, so therefore he changed up and got ultra conservative on offense.

When it was 3rd and 3 or late in the game with a lead instead of doing the obvious, he went balls out and kept the foot on the throat. Yeah we got burned for that a few times, but that Garrett was 10x better than this Garrett
This organization blows.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes we sure did.

I don't necessarily agree that his offense was better early on than it was in 2014 or 2016, but even if what you say is true, if Garrett was swayed because some fans were unhappy with him (which I don't at all think is the case) then he has no business being an NFL coach anyway.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Yes we sure did.

I don’t remember that Garret.

GMO415

Reaction score
Yes we sure did.

giphy.gif

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I think that was Romo. He mentioned it in the AFC Championship game when Jacksonville held a small lead late in the game. He said, this is where you use your best 3rd down plays on 1st and 2nd down.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
It was fun and dynamic.

But he and Romo blew a few games and leads and all the fans wanted his head, and I'm pretty sure Jerry said something. Nobody just changes like that.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe the offense appeared "fun and dynamic" because we had a Hall of Fame wide receiver, and future hall of fame QB and TE, all in their primes, on the field at the same time?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Yes we sure did.

tenor.gif

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
Yes we sure did.

I guess it’s too much to ask your Princeton educated, nfl veteran, son of a coach, 5 million dollar a year employee to know when is a good time to pass or when is a good time to run.

My nephew plays madden and can figure it out but Jason Garrett can’t. Just like how he can’t manage a clock either.

And all versions of Garrett are terrible.

I think I get your point. At least when we lost I had a much more optimistic view back then than now.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Yes we sure did.

Garrett sucked from day 1 bro...................this must be a joke thread

cowboyec

Reaction score
he hurt himself.
chalk it up to just one more of these damn self-inflicted wounds.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Lol I know many hate him, but it's true. I hate him too now, don't get me wrong.

We actually we're more creative and daring back In the day
When sparano left he left Garrett clueless. Garrett has never been good. Period.