We ruined Garrett

CWR

Reaction score
Yes we sure did.

When we first got Garrett he was ultra aggressive, passed the rock down people's throat, and we were better offensively.

After he had a bad game or 2 people wanted his head, so therefore he changed up and got ultra conservative on offense.

Which in turn hurt Romo and our offense.

When it was 3rd and 3 or late in the game with a lead instead of doing the obvious, he went balls out and kept the foot on the throat. Yeah we got burned for that a few times, but that Garrett was 10x better than this Garrett

Hes a grown *** man. He ruined his damn self.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Yes we sure did.

When we first got Garrett he was ultra aggressive, passed the rock down people's throat, and we were better offensively.

After he had a bad game or 2 people wanted his head, so therefore he changed up and got ultra conservative on offense.

When it was 3rd and 3 or late in the game with a lead instead of doing the obvious, he went balls out and kept the foot on the throat. Yeah we got burned for that a few times, but that Garrett was 10x better than this Garrett

Wrong. Garrett never really knew what he was doing. So he relied on Tony to do everything for him. Tony succeeded changing the plays at the LOS. That was the reason why our offense succeeded.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes we sure did.

He was very dynamic in 2007

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't know about that but I know this offense when Garrett first took over was fun and dynamic. I have no idea what happened but I doubt Jerry told him to be boring and conservative.
They had a strong OL in 2007. Not 2014 good, but they dominated games. Once it started to erode, so did Garrett's ability to run and offense. Remember all those long developing passing plays in the 8-8 years?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They had a strong OL in 2007. Not 2014 good, but they dominated games. Once it started to erode, so did Garrett's ability to run and offense. Remember all those long developing passing plays in the 8-8 years?
Good point. I think people forget the run guys like Columbo, Gurode, Davis, etc. Had. That was a mean tough line.

doomsday808

Reaction score
As OC, teams figured out his schemes and started calling it out at the line. I think Ray Lewis was the first to mention this. JG was never able to figure out how to change it up there after. Play calling became predictable. What happens next? He becomes Head coach. That was 9 looooooong years ago.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Good point. I think people forget the run guys like Columbo, Gurode, Davis, etc. Had. That was a mean tough line.
Big big big. Really wore people down. Not nearly as skilled as what we have now though. But big and nasty.

Davis was probably too big and relied too much on athleticism. He hit the wall quickly and the rest of the line followed

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
He was very dynamic in 2007

Is Garrett hanging on a 11 year old season, when he was OC ?

8 years of HC trash results, and all he has left is a 2007 OC season ?!

LMAO ... Garrett is trash .

Its too late to spin it .. 9 years is too darn much .

khiladi

Reaction score
Romo’s Line was average. He also masked those problems. Suddenly they became “all-pro” when with Drew Bledsoe, they were the excuse the latter was so bad.

Gurudo couldn’t call plays at the line, not the brightest, Columbo was another journeyman, Davis was a bust with the Cardinals (didn’t play before a Romo, but you get the point), Rivera was never the same after GB with his back.

The only legitimate lineman this team had was Flozell. Before Romo, the year he went down, this OL gave up like 60 sacks and 50 of them after Flo’s injury.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
360+ pounds with cat like agility.

A player like that, you gotta kinda know thats not going to be sustainable
At the time I thought maybe it was his lack of love for the game but you have a point. There’s a reason why a guy that size isn’t dominant like he was at his best. Tough to sustain.