We still need a backup qb for 2017

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
In fairness Sanchez was working with backups. If he were starter he basically would hand off to Zeke and make few throws. Dak is young so I don't worry about getting back up QB like I did when Romo was starter.

Good points. And the truth is, QBs are so scarce that it's difficult to have a backup who is genuinely any good for a long stretch of time.

I will say Sanchez did nothing today that makes me want to invite him back next year. He's just not a very heady QB.

Eddie

Reaction score
I'm not sold on Moore or Sanchez. Draft another Dak in the 4th round.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
You guys are worrying about the backup QB? Sanchez threw some nice balls when he had time to actually find the laces. Our OL was a complete joke today. It's not just the two backups in there, but also the breakdowns in communication with new guys. I'm fine with Sanchez and Moore as backups; from what I saw today, we should be worrying about our RT. OMG! I've actually defended Free in the past, but he was treated like a paper doll today. I hate that we showed just how bad he can be to our playoff opponents. Why waste your best pass rusher on Smith? Move them all to Free's side. He was destroyed in the run game as well.

This was exactly what most wanted...rest guys in a game that doesn't matter. All games matter, and what our guys experienced today isn't going to help anyone.

Hailmary

Reaction score
The only person who knows this offense better than Moore is linehan. My vote goes to Moore.

lwehlers

Reaction score
Kellen Moore.
I just have a feeling it will be moore and a undrafted rookie qb. I do not see the jones spend any more money on the qb position since we will have to absorb a huge cap hit for romo.

arglebargle

Reaction score
The only person who knows this offense better than Moore is linehan. My vote goes to Moore.
Yeah, and Moore would have won the game today. Sanchez looked terrible. Maybe someone will foolishly sign him as a backup QB, and the Cowboys can get a late comp pick out of the deal.

Verdict

Reaction score
Draft a QB in the late 4th round. That has worked out pretty well for us lately.

Cut Sanchez. I'm not opposed to keeping Romo around. We might go 16 and 0 next year.

Mookie

Reaction score
Romo will start with a ring in his finger and we will have the best backup in the NFL with Dak.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
this thread is stupid..... look at every other team in the NFL and tell which one has a back up that will lead them to the playoffs! I understand that because Romo has been injured in the past few seasons, there is some concerns. But Dak is the QB now and hopefully we will trade Romo in the off season. Sanchez is the caliber of back up QB you will get in today's NFL. What you saw today is really not indicative of what he will see should he have to play with the actual starters. Plus if he stays, he gets a full off season with the team. For the rest of the this year we have Romo.