We will go as Dak goes

waving monkey

Reaction score
Our dysfunctional ownership has made the decision that we’d rather the season be over than bring in anyone who could pose a threat creating any type of controversy in Daks absence if we had success.

It’s a much easier sell as most teams seasons are over if their starter goes down. But a QB with recent injury history it appears a bigger risk than needed to take folding up the tent in the event.
IMO its not a dysfunctional decision/ two leaders can butt heads. This has for many years been a shared view in many FO. Even if Dak has the room. If Dak goes down however yes your right the season is over.
But perhaps with a QB who just signed a 160 million deal it’s a safe decision for our FO. The last thing they want is another situation like they had in 2016.

waving monkey

Reaction score
someone posted Dak is not a difference maker? Its the oline and zeek.
Well I guess Mahomes isnt a difference maker when his two starting tackles are out.

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
Then you’re assuming they think Cooper is enough to take them if Dak goes down. Which might be even a bigger knock against our dysfunctional ownership than my claim. Lol
to tell you the truth i have no idea what cooper and do with a game plan and the number one offense on the field. do i personally think cooper can lead us to the ship, no but i am not sure Dak can either. i don’t know how the ghosts are going to affect Dak once the red vest comes off and some real opposing players come after him, i do remember he heard footsteps for sometime after the Clayborn incident

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Our dysfunctional ownership has made the decision that we’d rather the season be over than bring in anyone who could pose a threat creating any type of controversy in Daks absence if we had success.

It’s a much easier sell as most teams seasons are over if their starter goes down. But a QB with recent injury history it appears a bigger risk than needed to take folding up the tent in the event.

But perhaps with a QB who just signed a 160 million deal it’s a safe decision for our FO. The last thing they want is another situation like they had in 2016.

A little defense this season wouldn't hurt, either.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This organization doesn't like real depth. They seem to find a guy they like and then that's it. And they point to the few times they deviate from that belief as proof instead of continueing to try and get better.

Reid1boys

Reaction score

Reall? If Tony Romo was 28 years old in 2016, Dak would have been promptly sent to the bench as soon as Romo got healthy.

Dak is our QB, period. There is ZERO concern about bringing in someone that could "Challenge," Dak's job as the starter. There is no backup that has a chance of coming in and stealing any thunder. Do you actually believe what you just wrote? Lets say they brought in Cam, which I am totally against, because he sucks at this point... but lets say they did. Lets say Dak goes down for three weeks and Cam comes in , plays well and goes 3-0. Dak returns and there would be ZERO doubt that Cam goes right back to the bench.

Dak has a recent "Injury History?" this is laughable... dude broke an ankle. Stuff happens. That is the only time he has missed a game... Id hardly say that is a history of injuries.. it is ONE time.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not certain this is true. Dak ha sMANY weapons at his disposal.....at some of them WILL indeed win the game.
Just need some defense.

If Dak stays healthy...and takes advantage of this potent offense...LET THEM DO THE WORK!....we'll be fine. He shouldn;t have to win the game by himself.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nope. We will go as the defense goes. We've seen this team lose with Dak putting up big numbers. He got this new contract off his 2019 numbers and we were 8-8. His hot start in 2020 got us to 1-3.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree the situation is different and Cooper isn’t a threat like Dak was in 2016.

And my thought is that Jethro doesn’t want a similar situation. Worse case scenario would be a backup coming in leading us to more success.
Whom would be a possible backup who could accomplished that feat in your opinion?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Whom would be a possible backup who could accomplished that feat in your opinion?
That’s not for me to say. All I can do is critique what we have. But there are other alternatives out there.

The fact at this time we believe Cooper is the best we could land is worthy of criticism.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That’s not for me to say. All I can do is critique what we have. But there are other alternatives out there.

The fact at this time we believe Cooper is the best we could land is worthy of criticism.
Jerry Jones deserves criticism but I will not criticize him for a backup quarterback option, fitting the criteria you have established, who may not be currently available for acquisition. If anything, Jones' options would be extremely limited at this time.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Reall? If Tony Romo was 28 years old in 2016, Dak would have been promptly sent to the bench as soon as Romo got healthy.

Dak is our QB, period. There is ZERO concern about bringing in someone that could "Challenge," Dak's job as the starter. There is no backup that has a chance of coming in and stealing any thunder. Do you actually believe what you just wrote? Lets say they brought in Cam, which I am totally against, because he sucks at this point... but lets say they did. Lets say Dak goes down for three weeks and Cam comes in , plays well and goes 3-0. Dak returns and there would be ZERO doubt that Cam goes right back to the bench.

Dak has a recent "Injury History?" this is laughable... dude broke an ankle. Stuff happens. That is the only time he has missed a game... Id hardly say that is a history of injuries.. it is ONE time.
He’s also nursing a shoulder injury.

This isn’t an argument about who could challenge his starting position going in.

This is about bringing in a backup who might could have success in the event of Daks absence which could create a controversy if he was to take us further than Dak has. My point here is I don’t believe that’s a scenario our ownership wants to undertake.