Weather where you are

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
@Runwildboys ....Looks like another storm incoming, thunder now, if the Tri state area loses power again it's gonna suck. :banghead:
Looks like a series of small, but violent storms, on the radar. I ran into a couple of those this morning on Long Island. At one point it rained so hard, Long Islanders were slowing down to 35 mph on the L.I.E., and some even pulled over onto the shoulder to wait it out. I had a bolt of lightning flash in front of my face that couldn't have been more than 100 feet in front of me, and it blinded me for a second. The thunderclap hit my truck so hard, that for a few seconds, I thought I'd hit something. It was pretty nasty, brother. Good luck!

jsb357

Reaction score
Better get your winter coat on. Do you even have one? :laugh:

One of my pet peeves is people in the area (central Texas) that start complaining about cold in the winter.

I'm like for real? It's only really cold around here maybe 10-15 days a year and you are complaining?

The heat claws and nags at you for months on end.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
One of my pet peeves is people in the area (central Texas) that start complaining about cold in the winter.

I'm like for real? It's only really cold around here maybe 10-15 days a year and you are complaining?

The heat claws and nags at you for months on end.
I have the opposite reaction here in CT. "Too hot? No, it's not too hot for me. It ain't Winter, so I ain't complainin'!"

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's Texas in August.

Care to take a guess?
Lemme see here. I am going with 105 and humidity in the 80's.

Wanna feel better? Think about people before they had AC. I can remember growing up in AR before my parents got a window unit. Trying to sleep at night back then makes me identify with how a tamale feels inside a corn shuck.

jsb357

Reaction score
Think about people before they had AC.

trailer house with no shade and one AC (only at night) growing up

My high school did'nt have AC

The classroom part of the AG shop was the only conditioned air I had
one class a day year for 4 years.

Summers in south Mississippi where the heat does not generally get above 95
but the humidity is in the high 90's EVERYDAY

you are preaching the the choir

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don’t think I have ever seen SoCal this darn hot! We left Texas in February to avoid the heat and it followed us, might even be hotter here right now :lmao:

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HRsEoVI.gif

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Happy it's cooled down in NJ/the northeast. Hoping no more days in the 90's for us this summer.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Thunderstorms moving in over Dallas
High supposed to be 91 tomorrow.

Then all next week lows in low 70s, highs in mid 90s
A temporary reprieve.
:thumbup:

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It is 107 here at one of our clinics which is only 20 miles from the beach! :banghead:

I need to go back to Houston where it is cooler :lmao:

Xelda

Reaction score
It's on the cool side of hot here. It's hot, but not typical August sap your will to live hot.

rags

Reaction score
Storms not too far from me, so the temp is only 85. Not bad for the first day of Sept. in Texas.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Is everyone aware of the cold front coming down Tuesday or so, Oklahoma is supposed to go from around 92 on Monday to a high of around 55 on Wednesday, also we will have a couple nights in the 40s plus wind chill. That cold front is very odd and unusual for early September.