News: WEEI: Overrated Cowboys defense should be no match for Mac Jones, Patriots

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Frankly I like Mac Jones and think he will be a good QB down the road, right now he makes some nice throws but also makes a lot mistakes. Cowboys are not a team you can afford mistakes.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Through five weeks, the Dallas Cowboys defense is proving to be the Imagine Dragons of NFL defenses: they have some hits, but the product as a whole is vastly overrated.

Despite the Cowboys being one of the best in the league in one key stat we’ll get to later, there’s a laundry list of others they aren’t so high in:

-- Second-most passing yards allowed

ADVERTISING
-- Eighth-most total yards allowed

-- Fourth-most yards per play allowed (6.3)

-- Fifth-least in pressure percentage

-- Eighth-most missed tackles

-- Most penalized defense

In addition, Dallas does not have a single defensive lineman rank in the top 10 in any of ESPN’s defensive win rate statistics. The unit as a whole ranks 16th and 17th in pass rush win rate and run stop win rate, respectively. These onslaught of stats are to point out that the Dallas defense, as a whole and as individuals, mostly range somewhere from medicare to below average.

Read the rest: https://www.audacy.com/weei/sports/...boys-defense-should-be-no-match-for-mac-jones

On what planet is Mac Jones leading some high-powered offense? :muttley:

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Yet another opponent that's going to be build up as great, unstoppable, a "trap game", or a team that the Cowboys will lose to, until the Cowboys win or beat them, then it will be "Who have the Cowboys beaten" or "the Patriots aren't good so the Cowboys beating them doesn't count." :rolleyes:

Redline360

Reaction score
Defense will always be the achilles heel of this team. Offense just has to much talent to be stopped completely.

The two good offensive teams we did face they moved the ball pretty easily. Granted we got turnovers which helped alot. Panthers still played well even without mccaffrey. Defense I'd still way better then last year

Last edited:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Dallas is the most penalized defense in the nfl? I never would have guessed. I don’t believe it.
I can't find a stat on just penalties on the defense but as a team, the Cowboys are the 26th most penalized so far this season. So, like you, I doubt the Cowboys have the most penalized defense.

Reactions: BAT

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dallas has a really good pass rush. Saying the defense is overrated is ridiculous.

Yes we will give up yards but we’re going to throw your QBs timing off and it’s going to cause mistakes.

You most likely won’t be able to run the ball because our offense will score points and you will abandon it.

Brown gets torched all game long for the most part, but we have been blowing teams out, so it gets over looked. And he has made a pick or two of late so again, people see that and over look the rest. Our slot corner gets torched almost as much as Brown does. Rest of the defense I am very happy with the progress.

bewp7

Reaction score
well i can not argue with those stat

but u have to out score the cowboys to win so it is what it is

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Through five weeks, the Dallas Cowboys defense is proving to be the Imagine Dragons of NFL defenses: they have some hits, but the product as a whole is vastly overrated.

Despite the Cowboys being one of the best in the league in one key stat we’ll get to later, there’s a laundry list of others they aren’t so high…….
…….
-- Most penalized defense

In addition, Dallas does not have a single defensive lineman rank in the top 10 in any of ESPN’s defensive win rate statistics. The unit as a whole ranks 16th and 17th in pass rush win rate and run stop win rate, respectively. These onslaught of stats are to point out that the Dallas defense, as a whole and as individuals, mostly range somewhere from medicare to below average.

Read the rest: https://www.audacy.com/weei/sports/...boys-defense-should-be-no-match-for-mac-jones

So Bellicheat and Jones are going to put a 40 burger on the Boys!

Hope our offense can match ! :rolleyes:o_O:rolleyes:;):rolleyes::(

:laugh:

RicKospia

Reaction score
Let the Pats & their media talk we are coming to the play the game on the field.

SackMaster

Reaction score
Dallas is the most penalized defense in the nfl? I never would have guessed. I don’t believe it.
According to nflpenalties.com, Dallas has 14 (*potential) defensive penalties and NE has 12 (*potential) defensive penalties.

So if it is true, it ain't by much.

* Penalties like Unnecessary Roughness and Illegal Hands to the Face can be on offense or defense and I was too lazy to look at who was called for what (which can be done on the same site).

Link to Dallas penalties by catigory: https://www.nflpenalties.com/team/dallas-cowboys?year=2021&view=penalties

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
2nd most passing yards because teams have to pass to try and catch us and we let them complete passes and die a slow death.