CZ POLL Weekly Poll: Do you want Romo to start when healthy or stick with Dak? **ended**

Do you want Romo to start when healthy or stick with Dak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

egn22

Reaction score
Keep Dak in, let Tony get completely healthy to increase his trade value

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Romo might still give us an edge against the better pass defenses we'll face (Vikings, Ravens, Eagles), assuming he stays in the game long enough. But do you really want to pull the emergency brake and stop this train?

Reaction score
While Dak brings a run threat that influences the defense, Romo opens up the playbook and the deep threats. There's some give and take with each player, but Romo offers more right now and he can step back in without the team missing a beat.

Gabe

Reaction score
As evidenced by this poll. Even Romo's grandest supporters are finally starting to see the light.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Brainpaint who chose the Eagle game for his return if I was him id return for the Browns game. I have a feeling we may see the same situation we saw last Thanksgiving when we played the Panthers

I was thinking it was just a game after the bye week.

I don't know if there was any reason beyond that.

One could argue if we were doing poorly he would be put in sooner...but since Dak and the team is doing so well they are more comfortable sitting him longer then he, or they, would normally sit him.

Again...just speculation and opinion.

ctrous25

Stay Classy Philly/Minny
Reaction score
Honestly could go either way.
Also could see a scenario where Romo goes in for a game or two and gets injured before long and finishes the debate for us.
I see that a definite possibility. I would love for Tony to come back and straight ball out of his mind. But am perfectly fine with Dak

John813

Reaction score
After 5 weeks, I chose Dak.

Team is playing well and moving the ball well.

See no reason after 5 weeks to change it up.

visionary

Reaction score
It is a cop out but I'm not voting until after the GB game

So far I have firmly been in the camp of Romo starting when completely healthy but the way this kid has performed had been out of this world

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

So far I have firmly been in the camp of Romo starting when completely healthy but the way this kid has performed had been out of this world

I don't think it's a cop out because the question doesn't need to be answered until Romo is able to play.

But the way Dak is playing I have to leave him out there, if he keeps it going until Romo is even an option.

Gabe

Reaction score

Romo struggled in Green Bay tremendously. Even if the Cowboys were to lose there, it doesn't change what is happening to this organization. What about that one game makes it a deciding factor for you?

visionary

Reaction score
Romo struggled in Green Bay tremendously. Even if the Cowboys were to lose there, it doesn't change what is happening to this organization. What about that one game makes it a deciding factor for you?

How he handles himself in yet another hostile environment will be very important. No matter how well he has played we can't forget that he had only started 5 games in the NFL

I would still favor starting Romo when he is completely healthy

Virginia-Dave

Reaction score
I'm so on the fence on this. Dak is the future, and if there was no Romo I would be thrilled to have him as our QB all season. But Romo, when healthy, has carried this team for a decade. When he is 100%, not 70% or 80%, then I think he should start. If he plays like 2014 Romo, he keeps his job. If he struggles over multiple games, or if he gets hurt again, Dak gets the job back for good.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
I just don't see it from Romo. He hasn't played to the level we'd need him to play in almost 2 years because of the time missed due to injury. This is a young man's game now, I like Dak and what he helps bring to the identity of the team. We are already leading the league with 11 rushing TDs (we had 16 total in 2014 with Murray). Let Dak and Elliott keep pounding the rock!

DFWJC

Reaction score
Last game Romo played in Green Bay
2 TDs
0 Ints
79% completion rate
143.6 QB rating

In a road playoff game at that.
I would not call that struggling tremendously
In fact, as well as Dak has done, he hasn't matched that yet with far worse competition.

I tip my cap to Dak and am very excited about him and his future

But no reason to make stuff up about Romo

drawandstrike

Reaction score
Running a limited offense Dak has done fantastic for us.

But when Tony is healthy, he'll come back and we'll have a top 5 passing attack to go along with that top 5 rushing attack. It'll be awesome. You'll see.

vlcsnap-2016-10-10-04h30m15s669.png

Gabe

Reaction score
How he handles himself in yet another hostile environment will be very important. No matter how well he has played we can't forget that he had only started 5 games in the NFL

I would still favor starting Romo when he is completely healthy
I can respect your opinion on this. I also want to add that personally handling a hostile environment is the least of my concerns with Dak. Just another SEC game for him.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
Depends on how they play vs Green Bay but even now there's a good juju going on and I really don't want to mess with it

Gabe

Reaction score
Last game Romo played in Green Bay
2 TDs
0 Ints
79% completion rate
143.6 QB rating

In a road playoff game at that.
I would not call that struggling tremendously
In fact, as well as Dak has done, he hasn't matched that yet with far worse competition.

I tip my cap to Dak and am very excited about him and his future

But no reason to make stuff up about Romo
Didn't they lose that game? What is his all time record there? I am asking because I honestly don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.