CZ POLL Weekly Poll: Do you want Romo to start when healthy or stick with Dak? **ended**

Do you want Romo to start when healthy or stick with Dak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
If Romo is going to come back, I would like to see him start against the Browns and not Philly. That will be a better game for him to knock off the rust with a better chance of a win.

Plankton

Reaction score
Didn't they lose that game? What is his all time record there? I am asking because I honestly don't know.

Romo has the only win that a Dallas Cowboy quarterback has even notched against the Packers in Green Bay.

Gabe

Reaction score
Please correct me if im wrong but

2008 Dallas 27 Green Bay 16
2009 Green Bay 17 Dallas 9
2014 Green Bay 26 Dallas 21

Romo 1-2 at Green Bay, Average PTS 19. Let's see if Dak can do better.

Last edited:

Plankton

Reaction score
Please correct me if im wrong but

2004 Green Bay 41 Dallas 20
2008 Dallas 27 Green Bay 16
2009 Green Bay 17 Dallas 9
2010 Green Bay 45 Dallas 7
2014 Green Bay 26 Dallas 21

Romo 1-4 at Green Bay, Average PTS 16.8. Let's see if Dak can do better.

Wrong.

Testaverde started in 2004. Kitna started in 2010 (Romo was on IR with his first broken collarbone).

Did you just become a fan of the team last week?

Gabe

Reaction score
Wrong.

Testaverde started in 2004. Kitna started in 2010 (Romo was on IR with his first broken collarbone).

Did you just become a fan of the team last week?
I stand corrected, which is why I prefaced my original post the way I did. 1-2 averaging 19 Pts for Romo. NOT VERY GOOD.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The question many have to ask themselves is do they honestly believe that Romo after this latest injury and all the games he's missed, could return and play any better than we've seen Dak play? Romo at his best couldn't avoid an INT as long as Dak has. Not only do I not think Romo could play better than we've seen Dak play but I don't think he could play on par with him right now.

The read option dimension Dak scored on yesterday is something we never had with Romo. What really impresses me about Dak is he's a pass first QB despite his ability to run. Most rookie QBs that can run look to take off rather than maintaining themselves as a passer for as long as they can. Dak stays in a position to throw and only takes off when he doesn't see an open receiver or it's a designed run.

Last edited:

Air Force One

Reaction score
I went ahead and voted this time(Dak) but I could still change my mind after this next game, depending.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
If were just going to switch QB's everytime one of them has a bad game then they might as well name Romo the FT starter cause i don't see him lasting very long anyway.

Tristan

Reaction score
Now that a week has gone by, it is time for the weekly quarterback poll.

View Last Week's Poll

I thought it would be fun to post this poll every week after each of our games and see how the fan base here trends from week to week on who should start once Romo is healthy.

This poll is not about tracking who is right or wrong later. It's about tracking the trend of which quarterback is preferred as games are played. Our votes have no weight on what happens, so this is just a fun poll to gauge where fans are at the moment with regards to who starts when Romo is healthy. It will be perfectly fine to change your mind in future versions of this poll as well.

NOTE: This poll is NOT asking do you think Romo will start, but rather .. Do you WANT Romo or Dak to start? ..

.... you have 24 hours to vote![/QUOT

Dak!
Not even close!
Romo has brought me far more misery than joy and its not even close! Hes never even lead us to championship game.
I hope I never see his goofy mug again in my life!
Viva Dak!

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Romo has the only win that a Dallas Cowboy quarterback has even notched against the Packers in Green Bay.

Unfortunately the Cowboys have lost their last 5 games against Green Bay. The record isn't good.

Nav22

Reaction score
Dak's been tremendous but Romo's still better, until proven otherwise.

The fumble Dak lost yesterday... when's the last time Tony lost sight of a pass-rusher coming from his right side?

Hell, Tony doesn't lose sight of pass-rushers coming from his BLIND side, and usually embarrasses them with his patented back-spin. Which usually leads to a big passing play downfield.

If Tony struggles for a couple games, let the kid play. He's 15-4 as a starter since 2014 and we have ZERO reason to believe the team would be worse than 4-1 if he were starting this year.

ifixoldhouses

Reaction score
This whole thing reminds me of Kapernick and Smith, Smiths off winning playoff games, Kaps on the bench.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I keep voting Romo in these, but my real position is that I want to just wait and see how much better Dak keeps getting before I have to decide anything. All this back and forth, and I've gone from it being a no-brainer for Romo to believing there's only maybe 1-2 games on the schedule where it's likely to make a material difference. After that, it's pretty much all-bets-are-off as to who might be the better medium-term option.

Air Force One

Reaction score
Somehow deep down I keep thinking this is going to bleed into next year. Almost certainly an honest to goodness QB competition next training camp. If this happens God help us all on this board next summer. So far this has only been going on for 5 weeks! Next summer will go on forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.