CZ POLL Weekly Poll: Do you want Romo to start when healthy or stick with Dak? **ended**

Do you want Romo to start when healthy or stick with Dak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockdoc

Reaction score
sure we have had an outstanding beginning to the season.
the question is whether the coaches believe this team is good enough to be a threat to win the super bowl THIS year.
if so, we see what Romo has left, because when the games get more pressure packed we will want his experience.
if he doesnt look like he has it this year we go with Dak. Romo still would be the best backup in the league.

nathanlt

Reaction score
You know, it's possible that at the end of this season, Dallas could have TWO Pro Bowl quarterbacks on their roster. Think about that. If Dak has to sit at mid-season, Romo can make it on a run that he has never, ever had as much going for him before. (dominating O-line, league leading rusher, scrappy/overachieving defense The Cowboys could have depth at QB the NFL has never seen before. So good!

Coy

Reaction score
I think it's going to be hard to sit Dak, he is playing lights out. Saying that, I do think they will play Romo at some point, maybe @ Cleveland and if he plays great which I think he'll do, the anti Romo crowd will tone it down a bit, not to much but just a bit..... they'll always be waiting for his first mistake to say "I told you so" but the reallity is, if Tony remains healthy, a big if, he is a SB winning QB and this might just be the year he could do it, I do believe they will give him that chance and not because he deserves it but because he at his best is an elite QB.

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
Some of the facial expressions and stuff I've been seeing Romo give lately on the sidelines lend me to believe that he knows and accepts that the torch has been passed.

And that's fine. All you Zoners 35+ years old know that feeling. The feeling of melancholy when you realize your brain is still 21 but the rest of you isn't.

Thank you, Tony. Sit on that bench, be ready to help if the starter goes down, and definitely be ready to enjoy the impending Super Bowl win. The team is here because you carried them on your back for years.

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
No it isn't.

Thanking him is fine but the team is here because of two rookies that were not here all those years.

I know this may come as a shock to you, but teams are the results of a number of years of building not just the last year's draft.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
No it isn't.

Thanking him is fine but the team is here because of two rookies that were not here all those years.

You have no idea how much Romo is helping Dak on the sidelines and behind the scenes. None of us do, tbh.

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
I know this may come as a shock to you, but teams are the results of a number of years of building not just the last year's draft.

Romo deserves no credit for this years team that's absurd. Romo is not a GM they get credit for team building not a QB. He didn't draft players, and he isn't playing now. So he deserves zero credit for this year because he hasn't played a regular season snap.

If what you're saying is true it's Romo's fault we were 4-12 last year despite not playing for most of those games. You can't give the credit without the blame in what you're trying to say. But we only won one game without Romo so he is not to blame for not playing in those games unless you want to blame him for injury, at the same time he doesn't get credit for us being 5-1 this season when it's two rookies and the team that is out there that deserves that credit. You don't get blame or credit when you're not out there playing and the team is either doing well or poorly.

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
You have no idea how much Romo is helping Dak on the sidelines and behind the scenes. None of us do, tbh.

Well like you said none of us know so you can't really give Romo credit for that if you don't know. I've never seen the two going over plays on the sidelines. If he is doing that good for him but we don't know.

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
Evidently your reading comprehension skills are what is absurd.

Get back to the sidelines, Rain Man.

So instead of proving me wrong you go the route of personal insults, good job proving why Romo deserves praise for the Cowboys being 5-1 without playing a single snap, you've failed miserably at defending your own statement. I just personally would recommend not going the route of trying to call someone other than you not bright.

So what you're saying also is it's Romo's fault we were 4-12 last year. He deserves credit for multi-year team building right? Can't just credit him the wins without the losses. Your turn.

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
So instead of proving me wrong you go the route of personal insults, good job proving why Romo deserves praise for the Cowboys being 5-1 without playing a single snap, you've failed miserably at defending your own statement. I just personally would recommend not going the route of trying to call someone other than you not bright.

Dude, I have other things to do besides teach you how to read and think. I said the team is in the position it is in because of him carrying the team in the past. I said nothing about this year. If you are going to be a pissy little naysayer at least get your facts lined up before you go shooting them out of your cakehole.

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
Regardless of how you try to backout of your own statement the team is not in the position it's in right now because of Romo, at all. The team would be in a better position if Romo didn't have that horrible contract. Even some of the start Romo camp admit we can't trade him because of his contract and some feel we need to start him also just because of his contract. His play from years past did nothing to put us in the position we're in right now, maybe his injury history got us to get lucky in the 4th round to pick Dak that's it.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
"Chemistry" is intentionally nebulous, mostly because it doesn't make any sense and is used in an absence of logic. If Romo and the Boys beat Cleveland 34-3 does Romo then have chemistry? Does it mix with Dak's chemistry and become a new, unidentifed element at the end of the periodic table? And is Sanchez's chemistry the acid to its base?

Then explain why the players who are now manning the sports shows talk about chemistry if it is some mythical element?

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
Then explain why the players who are now manning the sports shows talk about chemistry if it is some mythical element?

You're clearly on the correct side of the argument. I think I'll take the opinion of someone like Ray Lewis one of the greatest leaders in team sports over some guy Super_Kazuya who will use any argument no matter how silly it is to support Romo playing.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
People continue to forget that these players are ENTERTAINERS now, period. On television shows, that yes, are scripted.
Second and as I've said before: all of these guys think Tony Romo is one of the worst QBs in the league who leads the league in interceptions and throws 6 game ending picks every year. So of course from their perspective, why would anyone make a switch? To them it's a no brainer. I don't think it's a surprise that the few taking heads who are on Romo's side are coaches who have coached in his era like Billick, Edwards and Mangini that can put his game in the proper perspective.

I mean are people really surprised that Donovan McNabb thinks they should trade Romo when he was one of the first people to cry about his contract? Gee, I'm shocked.

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
Jimmy Johnson said Dak should start too.

Hrrrm, Jimmy Johnson or Super_Kazuya. I'll have to think that one over for awhile.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Jimmy Johnson said Dak should start too.

Hrrrm, Jimmy Johnson or Super_Kazuya. I'll have to think that one over for awhile.

He didn't coach against Romo, and is just as likely to flip flop upon seeing a different result since he flip flopped the week before.

Elusive6thRing or Gabe, who has the lower IQ? I'll have to really think that one over for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.