CZ POLL Weekly Poll: Do you want Romo to start when healthy or stick with Dak? **ended**

Do you want Romo to start when healthy or stick with Dak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now that another week has gone by, it is time for the next weekly quarterback poll.

Previous Polls:

I thought it would be fun to post this poll every week after each of our games and see how the fan base here trends from week to week on who should start once Romo is healthy.

This poll is not about tracking who is right or wrong later. It's about tracking the trend of which quarterback is preferred as games are played. Our votes have no weight on what happens, so this is just a fun poll to gauge where fans are at the moment with regards to who starts when Romo is healthy. It will be perfectly fine to change your mind in future versions of this poll as well.

NOTE: This poll is NOT asking do you think Romo will start, but rather .. Do you WANT Romo or Dak to start? ..

.... you have 24 hours to vote!

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
This should be fun, especially with Cowboys saying Dak will be the starter.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
This shouldn't even be a discussion at this point. I want an official and peppermint announcement for Dak this week. No more of this hot hand, BS.

Dak isn't a hot hand...he's a great QB.

technically, they're hot hands until they do it for multiple seasons.

Was Foles a hot hand or a great qb? Ya....def not a great qb. lol.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
I'm a Romo-homer, but I can no longer justify messing with the chemistry the team has built. Romo will ride the pine, and hopefully for the rest the season. I don't worry about Tony 'making waves' either... he won't. The Cowboys may have the best QB situation ANY team has had in years (including New England)! As fans, what great luck we are having so far this season?

lwehlers

Reaction score
Please, God, no. I can't bear another season of this QB controversy stuff. Move Tony in the off season, and lets fully move on with life.
with romo cap figure next year how much would it cost the cowboys to move him. I am starting to think that It would be best to move on next year from romo if we can win a playoff game this year with Prescott and build the defense. I am a huge romo fan and would have liked to win with him but right now Prescott gives us the best shot to win this year.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Please, God, no. I can't bear another season of this QB controversy stuff. Move Tony in the off season, and lets fully move on with life.
If the status quo remains, I don't see Romo on the roster for 2017. Ex-starting quarterbacks either become backups of teams that they weren't the top dog or seek shots of being The Man once more. The situation is somewhat similar to former head coaches remaining with the team where they lost their job. The usual result is landing a new gig as a coordinator (or another immediate head coaching opportunity like the insane case of Chip Kelly) elsewhere.

More often (understatement) than not, demotions equal exits. Some people may self-romanticize seeing Romo as a backup beyond 2016 but that's a pipe dream in my opinion. It's highly likely he wants to start in 2017. And it's highly probable the front office is already investigating its options for backup this upcoming offseason. I only question how much faith they have in Sanchez, Moore and Showers?

SDCowboy

Reaction score
If the status quo remains, I don't see Romo on the roster for 2017. Ex-starting quarterbacks either become backups of teams that they weren't the top dog or seek shots of being The Man once more. The situation is somewhat similar to former head coaches remaining with the team where they lost their job. The usual result is landing a new gig as a coordinator (or another immediate head coaching opportunity like the insane case of Chip Kelly) elsewhere.

More often (understatement) than not, demotions equal exits. Some people may self-romanticize seeing Romo as a backup beyond 2016 but that's a pipe dream in my opinion. It's highly likely he wants to start in 2017. And it's highly probably the front office is already investigating its options for backup this upcoming offseason. I only question how much faith they have in Sanchez, Moore and Showers?
To me, I kind of hope Tony reads the writing on the wall, retires, and then stays with the team on some coaching level. I know that's just a pipe dream, though.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To me, I kind of hope Tony reads the writing on the wall, retires, and then stays with the team on some coaching level. I know that's just a pipe dream, though.
The reading the writing on the wall slash retire mandate is a sentiment that surfaces from time to time, kinda like the Emmitt Smith thingy circa 2002-03. Funny thing about human beings. They tend to do what they want to do despite what others want them to do. :)

DFWJC

Reaction score
Have to keep starting Dak at this point, even though he's not the best QB on the team.
Can't argue with the team at 8-1.
There'd be a fan (not team) revolt if they randomly made a switch.
They won't screw with this.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
The reading the writing on the wall slash retire mandate is a sentiment that surfaces from time to time, kinda like the Emmitt Smith thingy circa 2002-03. Funny thing about human beings. They tend to do what they want to do despite what others want them to do. :)
Hey, if he wants to keep playing (and starting) I hope the team can find him a new home, and I wish him all the success in the world.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
You ever read," Who Moved My Cheese? "

You will be able to tell the different mice from the responses

Status
Not open for further replies.