CZ POLL Weekly Poll: Do you want Romo to start when healthy or stick with Dak? **ended**

Do you want Romo to start when healthy or stick with Dak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Dak has things to work on. He's not perfect and it's crazy that some people believe he is. Yes, his numbers are outstanding and he's playing out of his mind. But his footwork is still off as he tends to not set his feet when he's throwing and sometimes drifts backwards. He's missed a fair share of open receivers by not scanning the field and sticking to one target. And this isn't me bashing Dak, I'm just pointing out that he has stuff in his game that he needs to work on. Every young quarterback has strengths and weaknesses and the ones that are great can fix those mistakes and improve. I'm quite confident Dak can do that.
Who said he was perfect? Only Romo lovers expect him to be perfect as if he's the only one that misses throws. Winning isn't enough huh? 20 years of mediocrity and a win just isn't enough. SMH

weaver21

Reaction score
Who said he was perfect? Only Romo lovers expect him to be perfect as if he's the only one that misses throws. Winning isn't enough huh? 20 years of mediocrity and a win just isn't enough. SMH

Relax, man. I wasn't calling you out or anything. I was just pointing out that Dak needs things to work on. Of course no one expects him to be perfect, but those footwork issues could potentially cost him throws down the road and no one wants to see that happen in a playoff game or something.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Relax, man. I wasn't calling you out or anything. I was just pointing out that Dak needs things to work on. Of course no one expects him to be perfect, but those footwork issues could potentially cost him throws down the road and no one wants to see that happen in a playoff game or something.
no disrespect to you, but these issues usually happens early in the games. About the time the fourth quarter gets here he's smooth sailing. I mean this guy won't allow us to lose and that's too much for some.

weaver21

Reaction score
no disrespect to you, but these issues usually happens early in the games. About the time the fourth quarter gets here he's smooth sailing. I mean this guy won't allow us to lose and that's too much for some.

I agree. This stuff usually does happen early in games and he does seem to get it under control by the time crunch time arrives. It points to the kind of talent he has and his attitude of not letting mistakes get to his head and moving on to the next play. There does seem to be a group of fans on this board that can't really handle Dak's success because of their loyalty to Romo and it's a strange thing to see. Not because I'm a Romo hater or anything, but because we're having such a special season and it's surprising to see some not enjoying it like they should.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I agree. This stuff usually does happen early in games and he does seem to get it under control by the time crunch time arrives. It points to the kind of talent he has and his attitude of not letting mistakes get to his head and moving on to the next play. There does seem to be a group of fans on this board that can't really handle Dak's success because of their loyalty to Romo and it's a strange thing to see. Not because I'm a Romo hater or anything, but because we're having such a special season and it's surprising to see some not enjoying it like they should.
I mean you're exactly right. I'm sitting here watching Eli Manning throw bad through after throw, yet this guy has two Super Bowl victories.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
I mean you're exactly right. I'm sitting here watching Eli Manning throw bad through after throw, yet this guy has two Super Bowl victories.
Wow, that's the closest I've ever heard you ever come to defiling your God, the phony QB win stat. You literally worship the idea of the QB win. You had best run for some rubber boots because you will be stricken down for that.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Wow, that's the closest I've ever heard you ever come to defiling your God, the phony QB win stat. You literally worship the idea of the QB win. You had best run for some rubber boots because you will be stricken down for that.
I'm all for super bowls, while you're all about Shiney stats.

strollinruss

Reaction score
Disclaimer:
It is without doubt in my mind they have sat Dak down and told him this will be his team next year.

Let Romo loose with a very short rope. I want Romo to win and go out on top. He deserves that much then hang them up.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
I'm all for super bowls, while you're all about Shiney stats.
That's what made the statement so shocking. Somewhere in your mostly void consciousness, a spark was formed. And maybe something in there realized that football is not a sport where the two quarterbacks wrestle at midfield while everyone else watches. I'm proud of your growth.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
That's what made the statement so shocking. Somewhere in your mostly void consciousness, a spark was formed. And maybe something in there realized that football is not a sport where the two quarterbacks wrestle at midfield while everyone else watches. I'm proud of your growth.
What's your point? Because you have a tendency to just to yack yack yack.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I still think a healthy Romo could do quite a bit more damage offensively than Dak, but with that said.......Prescott is a natural born leader and a winner. You can't teach that and it should now be Dak's team going forward unless something drastic happens.

I have been saying that he isn't ready for a playoff gauntlet run but he just plain knows how to close!

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Right now, I say you have to go to Dakistan. #DakDrivesMatter, and the team knows this. There's only one way to go Dak to the future. Unless he falters, let's let Romo Dak dat *** up to the bench this weekend.

Allahu Dakbar.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I still think Romo is a better QB when healthy. But we seem to find a way to win as a team with Dak that I've never seen with Romo. Usually Romo puts the team on his back and has a last minute comeback miracle. But everything seems to fall in place with Dak. It's hard to explain. Even last year when we lost every game before Romo came back (for a game and a half), we could've won almost all of the games but found a way to lose at the end. It's basically been the opposite for a few of the games we've played this year. We've also been blowing out teams in a way I haven't seen with Romo. That being said, I'd really like to see what Romo could do with this current offense, but I don't know if that will happen. I think the best case scenario would be to rest Dak the last few games of the season if we've already clinched home field advantage. But even then, it may be better to play him for a few reasons: 1) you don't want to start a QB controversy going into the playoffs if Romo is All World, 2) you don't want to sit a young QB too many weeks especially with a first round bye.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Another poll concluded! Excellent stuff!

Many thanks to everyone who has participated by voting in any or all polls!

:flagwave:

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Based on your track record for being perpetually wrong, that means Romo will start against the Ravens. Thanks, troll.

Romo is officially the backup like we all knew a month ago.
You are clueless as usual. :laugh:

Hopefully when Romo goes to another team next year, you will follow suit and join their team and message board.

Status
Not open for further replies.