CZ POLL Weekly Poll: Do you want Romo to start when healthy or stick with Dak? **ended**

Do you want Romo to start when healthy or stick with Dak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Please, God, no. I can't bear another season of this QB controversy stuff. Move Tony in the off season, and lets fully move on with life.

As much as I HATE the idea of Tony in a different uniform, I agree with this. If Tony doesn't get his job back this year, you have to move him some how, some way. I am one of the last hold outs wanting Tony to get back in there. But I also realize what Dak is doing and as a fan, I am very happy about it.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hey, if he wants to keep playing (and starting) I hope the team can find him a new home, and I wish him all the success in the world.
If you mean the front office assisting Romo by accepting any negative consequences related to him and the team's salary cap situation, I think that's a very strong possibility. Other than that, his exit depends both upon which teams feel he would be a good fit in their offense and which teams Romo feels have an immediate competitive future. I can envision a retirement (perhaps a brief one) if those two mutual conditions are not available to him.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
Please, God, no. I can't bear another season of this QB controversy stuff. Move Tony in the off season, and lets fully move on with life.

This.

I cant watch tony ride a bench. Trade him, cut him and let him sign elsewhere, but please if Dak is "the future" then lets move on passed tony.

Animosity

Reaction score
Romos had his time (10 years to be exact, how many QBs get 10 years and accomplish as little as Romo?). Dak should be named the starter for the next 10+ years.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lol. I thought the Romo vs Prescott angst was hilarious. I think it's safe to say a quarterback making $20 million a year will not be riding the bench for long. The probability is high that 2016 is Romo's last season in Dallas.

:laugh:Think about it. Romo has been unduly criticized for years. Is it really reasonable to assume he (or the team) want fans (some of his own probably) and the media harping on him losing his starting job AND making $20 million? C'mon folks. :D

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Really stings hitting the Dak button but you can't ignore what he has done. I just hope this isn't just a one year thing and Romo is kept around. Dude has had a great statistcial career and has always been a class act on and off the field.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
When you see Romo's biggest fans saying Dak is now the man, then you know it is over for him. Romo has had his chance, he lead the team to 2 playoff victories in a decade and played on a few very solid teams. You can say it was because the team wasn't good enough around him, or the coaching sucked, or Romo sucked when it mattered most, or Romo has bad luck. Doesn't matter now, history will always remember him as a great regular season QB who played well below his regular season stats in the most important games as a whole. A QB who had some massive choke games at the most inopportune times. He will be in the Cowboys ring of honor but won't be in the Hall of Fame. I think he is a wonderful guy and wish him the best. I'm just very thankful this team has a better leader now at qb and look forward to more than 2 playoff wins in the next decade. Heck, it might happen this year!

romothesavior

Reaction score
No reason to disrupt the chemistry and go with Romo at this point. I've finally decided it's time to stick with Dak.

That said, I still think Romo is the better QB, and there's still a possibility we go back to Romo if Dak starts to struggle and the 1 seed is on the line. He has looked off in a number of games lately, including last night.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Romo has handled this entire episode with class, dignity, and acceptance. He hasn't pouted or complained. He's been a team player on and off the field and deserves our respect. But I do think the Cowboys made the right decision by choosing Dak to be the starter. His excellent play has been impressive and undeniable. Hopefully it will continue and Tony can help him in intangible ways as the team makes the push for a good playoff spot.

9darter

Reaction score
You can't pull Dak unless he loses at least a couple of games due to bad play and poor decisions that is on him. Tough luck for Romo. I do believe Romo is the better QB, though. If he's close to the player, I remember, that is. Obviously not sure about his form and durability. Hopefully Dak keeps winning.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
You ever read," Who Moved My Cheese? "

You will be able to tell the different mice from the responses

Haha I have the audio... listen to it in my car

With that said... every poll I was for Romo going back in.

I voted Dak this time.

The thing is... he will hit that bump(s) in the road,... that wall.... when you need a Romo.

At this point though... I don't care if Madea wins us a super bowl.

I just need #6

Reaction score
Dak Prescott IS the QB of the Dallas Cowboys. Barring injury, he will stay that way. The Jones clan didn't get where they are for being stupid...well, anyway, not this time. Romo is an accident waiting to happen, & he's 36. Take it from personal experience. When your spine area keeps getting injured, or you have some sort of congenital disease there, it just deteriorates with age. With his salary, the team would be wise to trade Tony after the season for a second round pick, & use the massive cap space it would provide to bring in a top notch pass rusher. God knows we could use one.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Really stings hitting the Dak button but you can't ignore what he has done. I just hope this isn't just a one year thing and Romo is kept around. Dude has had a great statistcial career and has always been a class act on and off the field.

A great statistical career is all it's been with Romo. He's made a lot of great plays, put up some big numbers and we've won a lot of games with him but the facts are we haven't gotten past the second round of the playoffs with him. It hasn't all been his fault but QBs are judged by how far they lead their teams. Meredith, Morton, Staubach, White and Aikman all led the Cowboys farther than Romo did. I aways said I don't move on from Romo until we find a QB that's as good or better and we finally have. It's not about who QBs this team for me it's about winning. If the Cowboys won the SB in 91 when Steve Beuerlein took over it wouldn't have mattered to me that it wasn't Troy Aikman.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
I would much rather have a controversy between two great QB's than no controversy involving one great one and one ****** one.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
I would much rather have a controversy between two great QB's than no controversy involving one great one and one ****ty one.
Or better yet, how about just not having a controversy, period, and just moving on? My point being that it's rediculous we're even still having this discussion. lol

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
As much as I HATE the idea of Tony in a different uniform, I agree with this. If Tony doesn't get his job back this year, you have to move him some how, some way. I am one of the last hold outs wanting Tony to get back in there. But I also realize what Dak is doing and as a fan, I am very happy about it.
I finally moved to the "Keep Dak" side on this vote. I have seen enough, at this point, to know that he's the team's QB. I still believe Romo would be better in the short-term, but I just cannot mess with what's happening right now. This offense is prolific, and getting better as it goes.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
It really wouldn't bother me seeing Tony in another uniform, at all. It means the team made the right, logical choice, and Tony gets to keep playing if he so desires. It's a win-win.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
A great statistical career is all it's been with Romo. He's made a lot of great plays, put up some big numbers and we've won a lot of games with him but the facts are we haven't gotten past the second round of the playoffs with him. It hasn't all been his fault but QBs are judged by how far they lead their teams. Meredith, Morton, Staubach, White and Aikman all led the Cowboys farther than Romo did. I aways said I don't move on from Romo until we find a QB that's as good or better and we finally have. It's not about who QBs this team for me it's about winning. If the Cowboys won the SB in 91 when Steve Beuerlein took over it wouldn't have mattered to me that it wasn't Troy Aikman.
Time will tell if Dak can and will take them farther. Tell the statistical greatness line to Marino.

roughneck266

Reaction score
I guess he won me over. Not that I ever disliked him, but I was always afraid when adversity came, he would have issues. He HAS, but not any worse than any multi-million dollar QB in the game.
I guess, I just never saw a rookie that could read a defense, and this one can. He makes the occasional mistake, and he still needs to work on the footwork a bit, but it has become apparent to me that he will work on his warts, and likely fix them.

Status
Not open for further replies.