CZ POLL Weekly Poll: Do you want Romo to start when healthy or stick with Dak? **ended**

Do you want Romo to start when healthy or stick with Dak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
He already did. Romo will never take another snap as a Cowboy. He will be on another team next season. You are clueless if you still want Mr Gimp to roll out what he did in 2015.
Yes, that was why Jerry rushed to name him the starter... oh that's right he didn't. He called him a warm appendage.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Tune into the game next week. You will see your savior suited up but not playing. Enjoy that look for him and get used to it. You will see it that way the rest of the year barring a Dak injury.
Based on your track record for being perpetually wrong, that means Romo will start against the Ravens. Thanks, troll.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You a cowboy fan right? Just giving u some crap...go enjoy the win will yah.

Thought you might have misunderstood my post thinking Romo's numbers are well below his peers. I'm enjoying the win and the season and the play of our young QB.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
I still wouldn't be surprised if Dak isn't named the franchise QB until the off season. That way the media whirlwind and fan backlash (from some) won't be a distraction.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I still wouldn't be surprised if Dak isn't named the franchise QB until the off season. That way the media whirlwind and fan backlash (from some) won't be a distraction.

And we will be shopping Romo as well. I'm sure those talks are already starting.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Whatever you have to tell yourself to get you through the day. Jerry is just as likely to call him a cold hand after a rookie playoff flameout.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I would hope that's a given. Sadly, it may well not be. Time will tell. lol

I'm sure they would ask where he would like to go. Get a list of teams together and then have the agents take it from there.

But to me, if a lowly team like the Browns or Niners want to give you valuable assets in return, you have to make the deal. You can't turn it down just because Romo does not want to play there. You trade him to who would give you the most.

I could see Denver maybe trying for him. If Elway thinks they have the talent right now to win it all but their QBs are holding them back, he could pull the trigger. I just don't he would. He doesn't seem in the business to give up assets for an aging, broken down QB who is one of the highest paid QBs in the league.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I'm sure they would ask where he would like to go. Get a list of teams together and then have the agents take it from there.

But to me, if a lowly team like the Browns or Niners want to give you valuable assets in return, you have to make the deal. You can't turn it down just because Romo does not want to play there. You trade him to who would give you the most.

I could see Denver maybe trying for him. If Elway thinks they have the talent right now to win it all but their QBs are holding them back, he could pull the trigger. I just don't he would. He doesn't seem in the business to give up assets for an aging, broken down QB who is one of the highest paid QBs in the league.
I think Romo might retire instead of going to the Browns or 49ers. With his health there is no reason for him to play unless it's for a contender.

DFWJC

Reaction score
He's easily the best QB on the team. Romo was not that good last year. Do you remember the last time he took a snap in a regular season game? It was this time last year and he was god awful.
I'm in for Dak.
fwiw, Pretty sure Romo was not healthy when he returned last year. Also pretty sure you know that.
Definitely not up for arguing a theoretical point either. Dak is playing, Tony is not. That's the only certainty I have in that regard.
I'll take 8-1 all day

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Romo's salary next year will be tough to unload under any circumstances - and I want somebody in training camp pushing Dak to work on things like his footwork - his feet seem to drift way too often when unloading. Romo might STILL provide that 'coach-on-the-field' tutorship while providing the Cowboys with an excellent safety net at QB. And I'm not entirely sold that a healthy Tony wouldn't emerge from next years training camp as the starter.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
People who think Dak is ready to be a full time NFL starter now, nothing more to learn, I could see them having this view.

I'm not 1 of them. Romo needs to stay right here and mentor this kid still learning to run an NFL pro style offense. He still needs LOTS of coaching. Too many fans are letting the success go to their heads, think Dak doesn't need much more coaching up.

In fact, for much of some of the recent games, he's demonstrated he still has PLENTY of stuff he needs to be working on. He's still not seeing the field very well and missing wide open receivers as well as showing poor passing mechanics under pressure, which lead some errant throws last night, including several to a wide open Dez Bryant.

He's a work in progress. Let the work progress. If Romo never gets the job back, keep him around at reduced salary to be the back up and mentor Dak until he's fully ready.
He missed on ten throws out of 30 something, no interceptions, and doesn't make mistakes. You want 350 yard who's prone to killer mistakes?

weaver21

Reaction score
He missed on ten throws out of 30 something, no interceptions, and doesn't make mistakes. You want 350 yard who's prone to killer mistakes?

Dak has things to work on. He's not perfect and it's crazy that some people believe he is. Yes, his numbers are outstanding and he's playing out of his mind. But his footwork is still off as he tends to not set his feet when he's throwing and sometimes drifts backwards. He's missed a fair share of open receivers by not scanning the field and sticking to one target. And this isn't me bashing Dak, I'm just pointing out that he has stuff in his game that he needs to work on. Every young quarterback has strengths and weaknesses and the ones that are great can fix those mistakes and improve. I'm quite confident Dak can do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.