Wells Conclusion: Guilty

erod

Reaction score
This is going to seriously blow up in Tom Brady's face.

He's taken something that could have been handled quickly and moved aside, to something that will forever taint his career and be the most associated aspect of his name.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
This is going to seriously blow up in Tom Brady's face.

He's taken something that could have been handled quickly and moved aside, to something that will forever taint his career and be the most associated aspect of his name.

He probably feels the need to try and fight because...

His legacy has two SIGNIFICANT "taints" to it:

1. SPYGATE / $500k fine / 2 draft picks
2. DEFLATEGATE / $1 mil fine / 2 draft picks

One can fade away into history. But two, only when you win SBs. That Is diffferent!

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
But is he REALLY that good.

To add:

I cannot stress the point enough. If you know the play before it happens. Then your results look amazing, outstanding.... You look like a Joe Montana... Without the natural "cool". Your cool is because you know that that side of the field will be vacated or a what have you.

And...
Opposing teams 3rd down play that may have netted them a new set of downs becomes a 3 and out.

It's really being swept under the rug.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Agreed. And yet in a court of law.

They would win their case on all counts!

They would be guilty but would be found innocent.

It's crazy.

that part about the deflating referring to the guy losing weight is completely ridiculous. Stupid in fact.

thinwhiteduke

Reaction score
Still reading the report, but Wells says Pats most likely released air. I'll let you know what else it says.

kinda, sorta, we think so, looks like lt,maybe, in 200 pages of legaleeze is not guilty and lead/led to nothing but sit down for a bit you supposed cheating meany.

TheKey

Faster than Felix
Reaction score
I bet the Patriots cut a deal with the NFL to drop their team appeal in exchange for a reduction in Brady's suspension. I bet he gets it reduced to two games.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I bet the Patriots cut a deal with the NFL to drop their team appeal in exchange for a reduction in Brady's suspension. I bet he gets it reduced to two games.

Brady doesn't gain a lot by getting it reduced. He would still be labeled a cheater, they would just be haggling over price.

He needs it overturned and since he didn't cooperate I don't see how that can happen.

Doomsay

Reaction score
The Kraft deal must have been based on a Brady concession, I'm thinking 4 games down to 3.

TheKey

Faster than Felix
Reaction score
Brady doesn't gain a lot by getting it reduced. He would still be labeled a cheater, they would just be haggling over price.

He needs it overturned and since he didn't cooperate I don't see how that can happen.

He gains a couple more games to help them win it again. I don't think he gives two craps about his legacy, he just wants to win. I say reduced to 2 or 3 games down from 4.

dogberry

Reaction score
If Bellichick had run the operation through a third string tight end or a quality control coach, who would take the four game hit?

Also, good tradecraft involves trashing one's SIM card frequently.

My preference is still for a more elegant operation:

One of NE's rude mechanicals filling the footballs in Bobby Kraft's sauna whilst drinking a glass of Chateau Thames Embankment. Ideal Gas Law beats NFL regulations.

Does the Ideal Gas Law mean that footballs pumped up in September end the game higher than 13.5?

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
If Bellichick had run the operation through a third string tight end or a quality control coach, who would take the four game hit?

One of NE's rude mechanicals filling the footballs in Bobby Kraft's sauna whilst drinking a glass of Chateau Thames Embankment. Ideal Gas Law beats NFL regulations.

Does the Ideal Gas Law mean that footballs pumped up in September end the game higher than 13.5?

:huh:

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

Probably

Everyone that was talking about the Ideal Gas Law forgets that the balls were brought back into the heated locker room for testing. They were still way below the limit and the balls were refilled at halftime and didn't suffer anywhere near the same amount of loss in the second half.