Wells Conclusion: Guilty

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
What will Rogah bring tomorrow? Im betting it will be more of the same . . . .

img_1868.jpg

Rogah

Reaction score
Yes, here's an article pointing to more of an agreement made between Giammati and Rose:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...d-an-agreement-banning-him-from-baseball-hall

Giamatti was a compassionate man who would have eventually
met with him, laid out a lifestyle plan that Pete would follow,
and today he’d be a forgiven member of baseball’s family. Sounds
simple, and it could have been with the right people driving it,

led by Giamatti.
LOL!!! Uh, gee, you left out one itty bitty minor detail in that paragraph:

From my perspective looking back, Giamatti was a compassionate man who would have eventually met with him, laid out a lifestyle plan that Pete would follow, and today he’d be a forgiven member of baseball’s family. Sounds
simple, and it could have been with the right people driving it, led by Giamatti.

Gee, I wonder why you selectively edited that part out? Fact is all you're doing is giving one man's opinion. I gave you the deal Giamatti and Rose signed, quoted verbatim, and a NY Times article quoting Rose's own lawyer that echoes that sentiment. You have the opinion of someone called "PA Sports, Senior Writer."

But gee if you can't trust the opinions of "PA Sports, Senior Writer" then what's this world coming to??!? :lmao:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Should the league treat each ball like a separate incident, like they are doing with Hardy?

Hardy wears the wrong uniform bro.

Funny how the hard core Pat defenders in this thread say anything more than a game or two for Brady would distort the space time continuum yet have no problems with Hardy getting 10 games for an incident where the DA dropped the charges.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
LOL!!! Uh, gee, you left out one itty bitty minor detail in that paragraph:

From my perspective looking back, Giamatti was a compassionate man who would have eventually met with him, laid out a lifestyle plan that Pete would follow, and today he’d be a forgiven member of baseball’s family. Sounds
simple, and it could have been with the right people driving it, led by Giamatti.

Gee, I wonder why you selectively edited that part out? Fact is all you're doing is giving one man's opinion. I gave you the deal Giamatti and Rose signed, quoted verbatim, and a NY Times article quoting Rose's own lawyer that echoes that sentiment. You have the opinion of someone called "PA Sports, Senior Writer."

But gee if you can't trust the opinions of "PA Sports, Senior Writer" then what's this world coming to??!? :lmao:

You do realize that Rose voluntarily accepted the ineligibility, correct?

Why would Rose, who denied betting on baseball and absolutely hated being out of the sport, voluntarily accept this and not take MLB to court?

Why would Rose also seek counseling for gambling immediately after voluntarily taking place on the baseball list?

I can explain why Giamatti and Rose's lawyer may say that no deal was in place...to save face for Rose being treated 'special.' But, it was well known that there was a deal for Rose to be reinstated after a year if he cleaned up his life. And then when Fay Vincent took over, it was known that he had a major grudge against Rose and would refuse to ever allow him in. Whether you were not a baseball fan around the time this happened or you once again have this deadset agenda you're sticking to...I really don't care other than to say 'you're doing it, again.'

YR

Rogah

Reaction score
You do realize that Rose voluntarily accepted the ineligibility, correct?
well it was part of the deal.
Why would Rose, who denied betting on baseball and absolutely hated being out of the sport, voluntarily accept this and not take MLB to court?
Because even though he publicly denied betting on baseball, everyone on the planet knew he was lying.

Sure enough, many years later, he admitted what everyone knew all along: he bet on baseball, including games he took part in as a a manager.
Why would Rose also seek counseling for gambling immediately after voluntarily taking place on the baseball list?
Uh gee.... Why would a guy who has a raging, out of control gambling problem seek counseling for his problem? Boy, you sure got me there!! :rolleyes:

Rogah

Reaction score
Some of you really need to walk away...seriously just walk away.
You're absolutely right, and that is what I am going to do as of this moment going forward. I have taken enough personal attacks, bullying and insults on this matter.

I know others will attack me for "disappearing" or some other such nonsense but so be it. I came here to take my lumps and I get attacked for being here. So now I will get attacked for not being here.

It is what it is.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're absolutely right, and that is what I am going to do as of this moment going forward. I have taken enough personal attacks, bullying and insults on this matter.

I know others will attack me for "disappearing" or some other such nonsense but so be it. I came here to take my lumps and I get attacked for being here. So now I will get attacked for not being here.

It is what it is.

You gave plenty of personal attacks in the past over this topic and once you were proven to be wrong the karma came back like a boomerang and smacked you right in the kisser.

Does not make either side right in doing it...but walking away is the best thing to do because a good deal of this was brought on yourself.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
You gave plenty of personal attacks in the past over this topic and once you were proven to be wrong the karma came back like a boomerang and smacked you right in the kisser.

Does not make either side right in doing it...but walking away is the best thing to do because a good deal of this was brought on yourself.

clapping-crowd-applause.gif

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score

It is what it is.

The timing of this departure MUST be a mere coincidence, right? I mean several hours before the $25,000 penalty is announced?

http://i270.***BLOCKED***/albums/jj87/sexysassy971/lmao.gif

http://i291.***BLOCKED***/albums/ll281/Panimo/raging_midget.gif

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
So how long before these McNally and Jastremski get paid a lot of cash to talk about what really happened? This might end up getting a whole lot more fun in the near future!

khiladi

Reaction score
So how long before these McNally and Jastremski get paid a lot of cash to talk about what really happened? This might end up getting a whole lot more fun in the near future!

They probably have a non-disclosure agreement... The same is the case with Matt Walsh and Spy-gate.. Patriots have lawyers involved.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I remember Mr. Kraft saying in a PC he wanted an apology from the NFL because well they were just a play by the rules team.

Paraphrasing but he had his back up & was defensive...

JohnnyHopkins

Reaction score
My opinion, this will eventually get reduced to two games and Brady will be playing against Dallas. Would be cool to see two Eastern Illinois QBs starting against each other though because I doubt that will ever happen again.

JohnnyHopkins

Reaction score
They probably have a non-disclosure agreement... The same is the case with Matt Walsh and Spy-gate.. Patriots have lawyers involved.

Man, I hope not because I bet there are some great stories that those two could tell the public!

Staubacher

Reaction score

It is what it is.

First post of yours I've ever liked. Come back when you're ready to accept reality and discuss The Cowboys