Werder coming up soon on Michael Irvin show

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Sasquatch;2496137 said:
It's clear that he engaged in a bit of hyperbole at the very least.

Hyperbole is an excellent word, but I fear Werder's story does contain some level of veracity. As I said last night, Werder deserves criticism for the overzealous and exploitative manner in which he covers negative Cowboys news and his tendency to omit key facts. However, I wonder whether or not we're being overly harsh in our criticism.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
To sum it up, he doesn't think he was lied to. But he can't independently verify his story other than that.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
superpunk;2496139 said:
lol....Werder now playing the victim.
Overall, I felt he did a fair job defending himself, but I agree, he sounds offended. Glad to say he'll move on though.

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
Ren;2496160 said:
He also tried to use the injury card for the Giants when asked about the Giants game :laugh1: what a ******
Yeah I heard that too. What a hater. You have to be kidding me. Where was his excuses when the Cowboys lost to the Giants without Romo, etc.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2496158 said:
reports were that bradie james sings to ed werder like a pidgeon.

If that is true, it needs to stop now.

Reports were also that all dallas cowboys players were going to ban espn and ed werder.

Now what I think happened is this from watching T O, what Witten said, and what romo said after the game.

T O, Crayton, etc went to Jason Garrett to talk about needing to spread the ball around. Then, he said, she said, ole ed werder took what someone said, and added to it his own conclussion.

Then, juiced it some more to put a spin on it, so the dallas cowboys players would explode within, so ole ed werder could say espn broke the story and it would make the espn ratings go sky high for this year and next year.

even romo said, some mind you most of the reporters are good, but some might not be, and could be a possiblity that some of the reporters just a few are trying to stir something up to make a story.

but sure would enjoy someone reporting a recap.

YEAH!

....I think. ?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Rackat;2496167 said:
I kept waiting for his shakey voice to break into a sob.
Is there any chance, any chance at all, that this guy was picked on as a child?

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
Funny how nobody other than TO will refute any of this, yet most of you think Werder is lying through his teeth.

TO is calling Werder a liar. He's doing this so Werder will reveal his sources. Its the only tactic TO has, but it won't work.

Fact of the matter is, none of us will know exactly what happened, but there is more than enough evidence to show that there is quite a bit of bickering on the offensive side of the ball.

The real question is...Who is the snitch? And even if we don't find out, maybe this will scare them to keep thier trap shut from here on out. I just hope TO can forget about it and move on.

BruceWayne

Tennione72
Reaction score
His name should Sammy Davis Jr. cause he was dancing. Wish I could recap but with him rambling and Mike and Kevin backing him in a corner I was laughing too hard.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
theogt;2496170 said:

...and as a teenager.

...and in college.

...and at work.

...and by his wife.

I think so.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
theogt;2496170 said:

More like dropped on his fat head as a child!

But...he is gaining a good reputation among other media outlets and reporters alike...

:laugh2:

gmb85

Reaction score
Mike and Kevin did a great job interviewing him. I thought he was gonna cry! LMAO!

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
CowboyWay;2496175 said:
Funny how nobody other than TO will refute any of this, yet most of you think Werder is lying through his teeth.

Actually, Crayton said that he agreed with TO calling the story a lie on first and ten this morning.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
It is time to move on. I doubt it does. People are having too much fun. But if Dallas is smart they move on. If I were Wade I'd tell them to not talk about anything but the Baltimore game.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
tomson75;2496186 said:
Actually, Crayton said that he agreed with TO calling the story a lie on first and ten this morning.
And Wade Phillips. And Marcus Spears.

Tony and Witten just took the "don't talk about it at all" approach.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
tomson75;2496186 said:

Oh you mean another reciever who might be unhappy about not getting the ball is telling everyone the story is a lie?

superpunk

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2496181 said:
Cowboy Chris is in his head. :D
They just played a QB Coach clip on Michael's show. "Werder you're a hack - you're a hack reporter."