Twitter: Werder: "Internal Conflict" With Signing Earl Thomas

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Broaddus on the radio just said something similar. He said McCarthy is the one against signing Thomas. Then he added he believes if Garrett were still here they would of signed earl thomas today.

Fire Fat Mike.

75boyz

Reaction score
This x 1000........raise your hand if you think Jerry and Stephen signs ET W/O Mike talking with him. Just me, but no owner/GM would disrespect his newly hired coach by forcing a player of ET stature on him w/o his blessing.

I hope you're right. How you describe it here is truly how successful NFL FOs should run things. The Dallas Cowboy FO continues its blatant dysfunction if this signing happens.
Hope it doesn't.
Stay tuned...

SoBlue128

Reaction score
We aren't getting him for that.
He can just sit out and 10 million from the Raven--though they may get some of that back.

San Francisco, Houston, and Dallas are all rumored to be inte running.
Who knows, maybe if he does a 1 year deal ---big if---then he'd take 6-8 mil. Hard to say.

I agree he isn’t going to settle for just the two mil that’s why I specifically said two mil with incentives. Give him bonuses for each game played to get him into the 6-8 range and if it’s not good enough for him good luck finding another suitor.

Redline360

Reaction score
Thomas is just the new AB

No team wants to deal with that headache at this point

75boyz

Reaction score
Well I salute mike for letting jerry know ET is not a player he wants.
I think right now they have no distractions and good attitudes, and ET could easily disrupt all that positive energy they have going.

Agree.
You sure could get a lot of forum posts if you started an OP with the title of "Coach Mike told Jerry he doesn't want ET."

Lol

Go Cowboys

Kaiser

Reaction score
:espn:

Mike will not have players in his locker room that he does not want regardless of what Jerry Jones does. That's not going to change unless Jerry is willing to fire mike over it. Bottom line is Jerry is going to respect Mike's opinion.

Jerry clearly agreed to give McCarthy a lot of influence when he hired him.

Also it sounds like Stephen and McClay are either undecided or on McCarthy's side. If they wanted to do it, they could probably convince McCarthy to do it.

McCarthy probably wants ET to walk the road to Damascus before he becomes a Cowboy and hasn't seen any indication of that (yet).

cern

Reaction score
I don't think it's mac or Jerry's decision. It's stephen's, just like the rest of the personnel decisions made here. I doubt Stephen wants another distraction after a certain volatile wr.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
When Mike is the one signing the contracts then this fantasy of yours might begin to sniff reality. If Jerry wants it, Mike will make do as best he can. I do think Jerry is just doing his media posturing routine. Just like with the Manziel nonsense that people seem to believe was real.
Is there evidence that it wasn't real?

KeepinTime

Reaction score
This x 1000........raise your hand if you think Jerry and Stephen signs ET W/O Mike talking with him. Just me, but no owner/GM would disrespect his newly hired coach by forcing a player of ET stature on him w/o his blessing.
Didn’t Jerry already force T.O. on Parcells? And I kinda doubt Garrett was on board with signing Hardy but I could be mistaken.

Loso86

Reaction score

Just watched him on ESPN as well, saying that McCarthy doesn't seem to be into the idea of signing Earl.

Will Jerry do what Jerry does and sign him anyway?

How does he base 1 interview a say there is conflict ... sounds like typical espn weirder BS

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
When Mike is the one signing the contracts then this fantasy of yours might begin to sniff reality. If Jerry wants it, Mike will make do as best he can. I do think Jerry is just doing his media posturing routine. Just like with the Manziel nonsense that people seem to believe was real.

Mike McCarthy is not the GM. Jerry is. McCarthy knew that when he took the job. What about Jerry tells you that he'd allow McCarthy to bully him in that way? Sure, he'd listen to his input, but the buck stops with Jerry. There's a reason he's never hired a real GM.

You aren't aware of the resolve of Mike McCarthy. He will force being fired rather than compromised like that.