Twitter: Werder: "Internal Conflict" With Signing Earl Thomas

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
When Mike is the one signing the contracts then this fantasy of yours might begin to sniff reality. If Jerry wants it, Mike will make do as best he can. I do think Jerry is just doing his media posturing routine. Just like with the Manziel nonsense that people seem to believe was real.

Jerry has to make ET noises. Brings eyeballs to the team. Jerry is in the eyeballs business.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
I don't believe a word ESPN says. McCarthy will give PC answers to the press because that's his job, he's not the GM. If the team wants to make it happen we won't know until it happens.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score

Just watched him on ESPN as well, saying that McCarthy doesn't seem to be into the idea of signing Earl.

Will Jerry do what Jerry does and sign him anyway?

image11.jpeg

Reaction score
Garrett was with Dallas when Thomas was a free agent last year …
But that was a money issue.

If Thomas still wants $15M a year, it will still be a money issue today.

If Thomas becomes a Cowboy, it will be for considerably less money and minimal guarantees

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I don't think it's mac or Jerry's decision. It's stephen's, just like the rest of the personnel decisions made here. I doubt Stephen wants another distraction after a certain volatile wr.

If you don't think Jerry will make or break the decision, you're out of your mind.

I would say the more likely case is that it's McCarthy vs. Stephen and each is appealing to Jerry for a final call.

To be honest, I could see either taking both positions. Stephen may be gunning for a "premier player" while McCarthy says, "no"; or McCarthy could be gunning for the "last piece" while Stephen says, "no"

conner01

Reaction score
I hope JJ lets MM be the decision maker.
I agree
And the deeper you look at what’s been happening with ET I think I see why he hasn’t been signed
A camp fight is nothing but if you look at the other things that’s been going on I think it’s just not the right move
When I first seen him cut I was excited
Then I seen what it cost them and that made me wonder what else there was going on
You don’t take that big a cap hit over a camp fight
But lots of issues with ET lately and no sign they are one time things

conner01

Reaction score
McCarthy is not the GM. Jerry could have made him coach and GM, but he didn't.
He’s not the GM but if you look at forced addition by jerry you see more failures than fixes
I think the draft you listen to the coach but go with the scouts
But free agency I lean more on coach and when you talk about a player who’s had lots of issues of late I listen to the man I depend on to make this team play up to its potential

Bigdog

Reaction score
Broaddus on the radio just said something similar. He said McCarthy is the one against signing Thomas. Then he added he believes if Garrett were still here they would of signed earl thomas today.
That's it then. Bring the Carrot top back and his 8-8 seasons, lol.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But that was a money issue.

If Thomas still wants $15M a year, it will still be a money issue today.

If Thomas becomes a Cowboy, it will be for considerably less money and minimal guarantees
The comment I responded to didn't have conditions attached - just said if Garrett was there it would already be done. But I agree if Thomas comes here it will be for considerably less money and lower guarantees, and, like you say, money could still be an issue, so there is more in play than just who the head coach is. That was really what my point was.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Broaddus on the radio just said something similar. He said McCarthy is the one against signing Thomas. Then he added he believes if Garrett were still here they would of signed earl thomas today.

Typical Garrett. He was nothing more than a yes man to Jerry. People said that Garrett could handle Jerry and that was the reason he would turn out to be a good coach. In reality, he was anything but that. He totally caved into the wishes of Jerry. So glad we have McCarthy that has the fortitude to tell it as it is.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
This will get done. That's why they were trying everyone at safety today. Making sure they knew they didn't have a better option on the roster before pulling the trigger.
That's what you got out of them trying everyone at safety? :rolleyes: They have better options.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Ed Werder doing Ed Werder things.
exactly. Ed made his mark during the 90's on the backs of the Dallas Dynasty. Otherwise, no one would know or care what he says. So now he's relegated to his tried and true tactics of embellishing his own set of "facts" and I use that term loosely. ANOTHER WORDS, he really doesnt know what the Dallas FO is thinking. He is spit ballin.