Twitter: Werder: "Internal Conflict" With Signing Earl Thomas

conner01

Reaction score
Didn’t Jerry already force T.O. on Parcells? And I kinda doubt Garrett was on board with signing Hardy but I could be mistaken.
I think Garrett was on board with doing what jerry wanted
That may be why he got so much time here

DuncanIso

Reaction score
:espn:

Mike will not have players in his locker room that he does not want regardless of what Jerry Jones does. That's not going to change unless Jerry is willing to fire mike over it. Bottom line is Jerry is going to respect Mike's opinion.

more like Stephen and WillMClays opinion.

they run player personnel and the draft.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Mike McCarthy is not the GM. Jerry is. McCarthy knew that when he took the job. What about Jerry tells you that he'd allow McCarthy to bully him in that way? Sure, he'd listen to his input, but the buck stops with Jerry. There's a reason he's never hired a real GM.

agree.

see a lot of posts on here with big Mike acting like a GM.

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
McCarthy can probably handle little ol ET. He had to deal with untouchable headcase at QB for years.

MikeB80

Reaction score
T.O. and Parcels comes to mind

Before T.O. Jerry forced Peerless Price on the roster in 05. Bill said right out he cant help us and Bledsoe told Jerry how great price was and....price ended up on the roster and of course as Bill predicted did nothing.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Before T.O. Jerry forced Peerless Price on the roster in 05. Bill said right out he cant help us and Bledsoe told Jerry how great price was and....price ended up on the roster and of course as Bill predicted did nothing.
I forgot he was ever on the team

75boyz

Reaction score
agree.

see a lot of posts on here with big Mike acting like a GM.

True. It's just so weird that Cowboys fans have to constantly remind themselves that their way of doing business differs from others.

Most NFL team's coaches and GMs are in lockstep on a specific vision and type player that will be drafted or acquired.

Usually, head coaches will let the GM know if he doesn't want a prospective problem child added to HIS(The coach's) team based off HIS knowledge of HIS locker room.

In Dallas, there's a who done it mystery surrounding said player and infinite discussion and opinion as to who's call is it to make.

Like a made for tv prime time mystery...

Stay tuned.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
:espn:

Mike will not have players in his locker room that he does not want regardless of what Jerry Jones does. That's not going to change unless Jerry is willing to fire mike over it. Bottom line is Jerry is going to respect Mike's opinion.
This is laughable. Mike had limited player personnel control in GB.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Funny when the FO does nothing or does not get "insert name" the don't care or they lowballed so and so. Now if FO goes out and signs ET, "Oh noes he undermindz da Coach."

rocknrobcowboy

Reaction score
We haven't heard directly from the Cowboys Brass Of No Interest in ET,so maybe something is brewing..

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
This is laughable. Mike had limited player personnel control in GB.
Newsflash, this isn't GB. Jerry made it clear from the day he introduced Mike to the public as his pick as the Cowboys next HC that his role with the Cowboys would be greater than it was in GB. This was evident by the way the draft and free agency were administered by the Cowboys. Did you not notice a more aggressive approach to both? The McCarthy effect is real so wise up, the evolution of the Cowboys FO is being heavily influenced by Mike.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

You mean like he respected Parcells' opinion when he signed "the player"?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
This is laughable.

The only "internal strife" is probably McCarthy saying no and Jerry Jones going through his little internal struggle he has when he sees troubled talent.

It just comes down to how strong McCarthy feels and how much Jones decides to impose his will.

He said it himself, it is his call.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You mean like he respected Parcells' opinion when he signed "the player"?
How'd that work out? Do you not think Jerry is capable of learning and not repeating mistakes? I'll give you an example. Remember that Jerry passed on drafting Randy Moss when he had a chance? He learned over the years that was a mistake and learned to never again pass on drafting an overwhelming talented WR when the opportunity is presented to him... the reward of that lesson is Cee Dee Lamb. Jerry could have passed on that pick but no, he remembered the mistake he made when he passed on drafting Randy Moss. Forcing, "the player" on Parcells was a similar mistake and I doubt he repeats it.

EST_1986

Reaction score
How'd that work out? Do you not think Jerry is capable of learning and not repeating mistakes? I'll give you an example. Remember that Jerry passed on drafting Randy Moss when he had a chance? He learned over the years that was a mistake and learned to never again pass on drafting an overwhelming talented WR when the opportunity is presented to him... the reward of that lesson is Cee Dee Lamb. Jerry could have passed on that pick but no, he remembered the mistake he made when he passed on drafting Randy Moss. Forcing, "the player" on Parcells was a similar mistake and I doubt he repeats it.
TO was massively productive here far from a mistake. Parcells was just a crotchety old man. E.T. at his age isn't comparable to when TO was brought in. If ET was 5 years younger there's no question he's a Cowboy already under same circumstances

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Is it bullying or is it the GM taking into account the issues a coach would have with a current roster make up and how he views his culture and locker room?

I mean only a dumb GM would just ignore what the coach would want and then foist upon him a problem child player who now has had issues with two teams.
Of course a GM should listen to his head coach's opinion. The idea that Jerry bends to McCarthy wants is not realistic.