Twitter: Werder: "Internal Conflict" With Signing Earl Thomas

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
TO was massively productive here far from a mistake. Parcells was just a crotchety old man. E.T. at his age isn't comparable to when TO was brought in. If ET was 5 years younger there's no question he's a Cowboy already under same circumstances
The acquisition of TO is debatable as to if it was a mistake or not. He was a divisive force in the locker room and was ultimately fired. If ET was 5 years younger, blah blah blah. That's not the reality of the situation. Mike McCarthy is dealing with the present state of things including what ET is in the present. Expensive, aging, vocal to a fault in the locker room. MM must weigh that against how ET can contribute. What does ET's latest conduct with the Raven's say about who is now as opposed to who he used to be(5 years ago)? This is where the "internal conflict" that Ed Werder is reporting comes in. ET is not what he used to be. Mike is resistant to invest in him.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Just watched him on ESPN as well, saying that McCarthy doesn't seem to be into the idea of signing Earl.

Will Jerry do what Jerry does and sign him anyway?

The smart football people in the room know Thomas is more trouble than he's worth at this point of his career.

Jerry is like some fans here, who see "Earl Thomas" and think it's 2013 again.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Agree.
You sure could get a lot of forum posts if you started an OP with the title of "Coach Mike told Jerry he doesn't want ET."

Lol

Go Cowboys
Well 75, I just wish we had more info, instead of having to read between the lines and speculate !
But if MM actually let jerry know he doesnt want et, and jerry is pausing, then that is a good sign for the future.

Xavier187

Reaction score
The thing about ET is what tha F you gonna do with Woods or HAHA?
Js you ant play all three

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Well I salute mike for letting jerry know ET is not a player he wants.
I think right now they have no distractions and good attitudes, and ET could easily disrupt all that positive energy they have going.
havent we pretty much had good attitudes and little distractions the last 2,3 years? What did that get us?
RKG..... right?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
:espn:

Mike will not have players in his locker room that he does not want regardless of what Jerry Jones does. That's not going to change unless Jerry is willing to fire mike over it. Bottom line is Jerry is going to respect Mike's opinion.
We don’t agree much but on this we do.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
I bet this is a good cop bad cop routine and et will be in camp by end of week.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
People still believe Earl Thomas is worth the baggage...

If he was half the player he was a few years ago, the Ravens would never have released him. This guy isn't the same player.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

If he was half the player he was a few years ago, the Ravens would never have released him. This guy isn't the same player.

I posted his pass defense statistics from last year. They were outstanding.

Run defense and attitude not so much.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

Just watched him on ESPN as well, saying that McCarthy doesn't seem to be into the idea of signing Earl.

Will Jerry do what Jerry does and sign him anyway?

sounds like a repeat of TO and Parcells. the coach doesn't want a player who is hot headed and has had locker room and team chemistry issues. the owner sees the talent he thinks they have (not the diminished version) and pushes the player on the coach and things go south from there....

that's why garrett was the perfect headcoach for Jerry, who is a head coach/GM/President/Owner and he easily shoved garrett left, shoved garrett right and that's why he kept him for 10 years, eventhough he knew he should have cut the cord 6 years ago......

if rumors and I will say rumors are true, that jerry wants ET and MC doesn't, this is the first rift and begining of the the end for MC in dallas. we are looking at 3 years or 4 years at best.

jerry-meddling begins

Rayman70

Reaction score
they know ET's talent doesn't exceed the trouble he will be. KUDOS to the team for passing.

phildadon86

Reaction score
sounds like a repeat of TO and Parcells. the coach doesn't want a player who is hot headed and has had locker room and team chemistry issues. the owner sees the talent he thinks they have (not the diminished version) and pushes the player on the coach and things go south from there....

that's why garrett was the perfect headcoach for Jerry, who is a head coach/GM/President/Owner and he easily shoved garrett left, shoved garrett right and that's why he kept him for 10 years, eventhough he knew he should have cut the cord 6 years ago......

if rumors and I will say rumors are true, that jerry wants ET and MC doesn't, this is the first rift and begining of the the end for MC in dallas. we are looking at 3 years or 4 years at best.

jerry-meddling begins
Lol jerry isn’t meddling. Stop. He hasn’t signed him has he?

Frozen700

Reaction score
While I do want him, I really like the fact MM can out his foot down, and seems he doesn't play that.

So if any player acts up or plays bad regardless of position, he might sit them.

#DontpayDak

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I firmly believe Jerry wants him and the coaches do not. Jerry loves a reclamation project. Coaches don’t want the distractions. We will see...

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fans love to throw out what we should sign a player for, as if it's all up to the team and the player will go along with anything the team offers.

In this case, there aren't a lot of suitors lining up.

Carson

Reaction score

It’s easier to make that call when you have Clark starting opposite and Elliott in the wings.

I saw an article where Thomas told Elliott “why the hell did they sign me when they have you”