Twitter: Werder says Cowboys are looking at potential WR trade(s)

pansophy

Reaction score
Jerry loves overspending for WR and it never pays off. Galloway two 1st, Roy Williams 1st and 5th, Cooper 1st.
I mean Cooper did force defenses from being able to clog the middle of the field. He totally changed the offense. Maybe we didn't get him the ball enough, but he did make a difference.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
Brandin Cooks is such an odd case. Always been a very good WR, has six 1,000 yard seasons. Doesn't seem to be a problem in the locker room, but yet he's on the verge of being traded to his fifth team?

Doesn't quite add up, but he's always been able to fetch a good return for the team trading him away (two first rounders and one second rounder).

pansophy

Reaction score
You understand that the issue with Cooper had nothing to do with his skills right? He wasn’t a good employee. He never practiced, checked himself out of games during crunch time, and wasn’t showing the young guys how to work hard.
Yeah, this must be true because otherwise it doesn't make a lot of sense.

rambo2

Reaction score
Sorry mate. I dont converse with people who think that nothing the Cowboys do is wrong. You are allowed to not agree with some of their moves. Its ok.
The Roy Williams trade was certainly wrong. Quincy Carter was wrong. Bad mouthing the current team is wrong as well.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
So they traded Amari for a 5th and now they are going to give up more than that for another WR?

I would be surprised if Jerry's ego could handle that. Wouldn't mind seeing them add a DT or CB though.

Retro88

Reaction score
Lamb hasn't been bad minus a few drops. I just don't understand trading for a WR that means giving up picks and picking up a big salary when we could have just kept Cooper or resigned Wilson. Did they dislike Cooper that much?

A lot of people are thinking this but you simply can't double down on that mistake. That's in the past. You can't do anything about it. If you think you're a WR away and there's a deal that makes sense then we should do it.

terra

Reaction score
2 hours to go. Still time for Jerry to make his splash

fansince68

Reaction score
I just took a deeper look into DJ Moore over the past 4.5 seasons. I don't see a 17 million per season contract coming for him. Certainly not worth a 1st round pick. If we trade for him we essentially have 3 WR2 on the roster.

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
Yeah, this must be true because otherwise it doesn't make a lot of sense.

also, consider the reports in February that said Prescott will have a say in roster makeup. If they were truly letting Dak have input, it may be that he is the main reason Coop is not a Cowboy. And they would never say it, they'd have to make up weird stuff, which is what has been put out.

Lutonio

Reaction score
Brandin Cooks is such an odd case. Always been a very good WR, has six 1,000 yard seasons. Doesn't seem to be a problem in the locker room, but yet he's on the verge of being traded to his fifth team?

Doesn't quite add up, but he's always been able to fetch a good return for the team trading him away (two first rounders and one second rounder).

I also believe that all of his trades have come the following season after being extended by his previous team. Wild stuff.