Twitter: Werder says Cowboys are looking at potential WR trade(s)

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He didn't have to renegotiate anything. A restructure is an accounting trick. Players like restructures because they get their money upfront instead of weekly.

And the Cowboys boxed themselves in on this.

AJ Brown received a 1st round pick and a 4th round pick from Philly. And he wanted a new deal so they traded for what was going to be a massive financial commitment (so the argument the Cooper contract was too much doesnt float). And the best the Cowboys could do was get a 5th rounder for their WR. Yeah, the Cowboys screwed this up.

We totally screwed up Amari's trade value by telegraphing our intention to release him. That tends to kill off the bidding war. I also think it the case that we don't really have anyone in the front office burning up the phones and hustling for deals. My impression is that we sit back and wait for phones to ring.

Lot of loose lips in the Dallas front office. Everyone seems to know what we will be doing.

fifaguy

Reaction score
Common. Pleaseee address the run D first.

**Edit**
I don't believe they will make any real moves before the deadline @4pm today.

infamousstyles

Reaction score
Had the number 1 offense in the league…dropped their number 1 wr and now going to pick up another wr after the failed experiment of cd lamb as the number 1. Of course this would happen to us.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
Had the number 1 offense in the league…dropped their number 1 wr and now going to pick up another wr after the failed experiment of cd lamb as the number 1. Of course this would happen to us.

They don't need a number 1, I feel like they just need a bigger body receiver that's a different threat to Gallop and CeeDee who are similar type players. I would just go for a rental. It's done more often in hockey, but that way you don't commit money after the season that you don't have.

Mannix

Reaction score
I just thought of something that makes me a little bit nervous and apprehensive. I normally, would be ALL IN on giving up a high draft pick if we were sitting pretty like Philly far as a very simple route to Home Field throughout....HOWEVER, do we really want to be doing this in a year where its looking as if we will need to win 3 playoff games....ALL on the road??? The chances of surviving that are pretty slim, no matter who you might sign. Just wondering.

rambo2

Reaction score
I just thought of something that makes me a little bit nervous and apprehensive. I normally, would be ALL IN on giving up a high draft pick if we were sitting pretty like Philly far as a very simple route to Home Field throughout....HOWEVER, do we really want to be doing this in a year where its looking as if we will need to win 3 playoff games....ALL on the road??? The chances of surviving that are pretty slim, no matter who you might sign. Just wondering.
Do you not think that we have a decent shot of passing Philly and having the number 1 spot? Do you not think that we are not going to be good enough down the stretch?

rambo2

Reaction score
A 6th for Mims I can live with but I thought Hankins cost us a 6 . I would go no higher then a 5 for Mims who honestly as a pro is not better then what Noah Brown gives you or possibly Washington when hestkty . Mims is “ another guy “ in the meeting room .
We will see. Mims is a guy that they have interest in.

coult44

Reaction score
Shouldn't we just have kept Cooper then?

You understand that the issue with Cooper had nothing to do with his skills right? He wasn’t a good employee. He never practiced, checked himself out of games during crunch time, and wasn’t showing the young guys how to work hard.

coult44

Reaction score
Actually it’s called insanity but yes sir, you are correct!

my all are the INSANE ones. This is the year you go and find a player to out you over the top!!! We’ve done the same thing for too many years, this would be doing something different. Our team is set for a few years. Adding a player or two is the right move!!!

John813

Reaction score
Ask the Lions for Amon-Ra St. Brown.

Dangle a 3rd. They might be dumb enough to say yes.

blueblood70

Reaction score
my all are the INSANE ones. This is the year you go and find a player to out you over the top!!! We’ve done the same thing for too many years, this would be doing something different. Our team is set for a few years. Adding a player or two is the right move!!!
Out you ??you a top??:lmao2::popcorn:

blueblood70

Reaction score
let me reiterate WE DID NOT NEED A WR! or A TE, OR not many positions really. LG or CB??

pansophy

Reaction score
Lamb hasn't been bad minus a few drops. I just don't understand trading for a WR that means giving up picks and picking up a big salary when we could have just kept Cooper or resigned Wilson. Did they dislike Cooper that much?