Twitter: Werder Tweet: Garrett expected to be fired (no official word yet)

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Of course it is. Jerry just doesn’t want to publicly announce it. Not yet anyway. And he might just let his contract play out without a fanfare.

It’s obviously not what Jerry wanted and why he’s stayed away from cameras so far.
:hammer:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I actually believe Jerry was attempting to find some way to retain Jason in another capacity . But I think Jason still wants to coach. And he’s ready to move on if that’s not an option.

Good point my friend, I think that is exactly what was happening. I think all these meetings were about trying to convince Garrett to take a front office position but Garrett still wants to coach so taking a 9-5 desk job was a non-starter for him. So both parties just decided to go their separate ways and it got leaked to Werder, probably by Steven if I was betting money on it.

Beaker42

Reaction score
So when does the Jerry apology come? He needs to atone for what he's put the fans through and the disservice he did to the players by forcing an inept coach on them for so long.
That’ll never happen. JG was JJ’s lab experiment and he got too attached it. He still can’t see the damage his creation caused all across Cowboydom.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Good point my friend, I think that is exactly what was happening. I think all these meetings were about trying to convince Garrett to take a front office position but Garrett still wants to coach so taking a 9-5 desk job was a non-starter for him. So both parties just decided to go their separate ways and it got leaked to Werder, probably by Steven if I was betting money on it.
Could have been. We have been hearing for a while he was in line for a FO job. JJ may have decided he couldn’t continue with JG as HC. He was losing the confidence of the staff. The players like him because they don’t want the country club to end. He don’t have the power a normal HC has. I don’t think he ever oked a OC or DC.

Maverick84

Reaction score
So when does the Jerry apology come? He needs to atone for what he's put the fans through and the disservice he did to the players by forcing an inept coach on them for so long.
lol damn, Zordon trying to cut "GREED" into Jerry's skin like in Far Cry 5

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
We finally agree lol. I am super stoked to see who the next coach will be. Only to probably be let down.

If its a college head coach its got to be either Meyer or Riley.

If they go with a pro coach, I'm thinking along the candidates are Zimmerman, Roman, Campbell, Kubiac, McCarthy, and McDaniels.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Does he need a pillow and some warm milk as well?

Exactly! “moving with abundance of care”, for what? WTH man I have terminated quite a few people in my professional career and have always done it with respect and care, especially if it’s a long term employee. I work in a performance based environment and if you are not performing the firm must make a change. With that said when it’s time the individual knows they haven’t performed and understands what must happen so I never had to “move with and abundance of care” for this long when the inevitable is clearly there.

This is just mind boggling and I’m afraid there is more too it.

phildadon86

Reaction score
This is oddly similar to the Dez situation. Jerry didnt want to let go. Stephen took him on vacation. Convinced him. Came back and made the decision. The fact Jerry even needed convincing about getting rid of this clown after 9.5 years of failure is beyond me.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is oddly similar to the Dez situation. Jerry didnt want to let go. Stephen took him on vacation. Convinced him. Came back and made the decision. The fact Jerry even needed convincing about getting rid of this clown after 9.5 years of failure is beyond me.
It's kind of funny really. Jerry gets deals done by getting players to meet with him even when their agents tell them they shouldn't. It could easily work the other way around and Stephen realizes as long as Jerry is in front of the player, coach, etc. that he will have a hard time letting go. Pure speculation of course, but you never know. :D

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Rather than hearing a fake apology from a drunk 77 year old billionaire, I'd rather see him embrace organizational change and hiring a real Head Coach.

You know - what Dan Snyder just did. I will have to be talked off the ledge if the Commanders (who have not been good in my lifetime) lap us.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Many are making this WAY more complicated than it is. I get it, people are frustrated. Bottom line is, Garrett will not be fired, nor will he be resigned as a head coach in Dallas. That's it. End of story. Could it have been handled better? Yes, just like everything else Jerry does.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Safe to assume there will be a new thread started by a mod or admin once any new and stronger news breaks?