Weve got to get a stud running back in the draft

rambo2

Reaction score
With all three recent Michigan draftees it was bad football philosophies. Taco was the outdated belief that Watt couldn’t play in their scheme. Mazi was an overreaction to the Tush Push and they overlooked red flags about Mazi’s motor. Schoonmaker was a reaction to criticism for getting swooped by Buffalo for Kincaid.

Outside of those missteps, and Trysten Hill, they have really drafted quite well. More McClay and less Jones is they key to success there.
They didn't want Kincaid.

Croomraider

Reaction score
Braelon Allen is exactly the type of player we need! What round is he projected?

Hardline

Reaction score
Braelon Allen is exactly the type of player we need! What round is he projected?
I don't think he will fall to our 3rd round pick. I wouldn't mind overdrafting a top RB. Last year every RB I wanted was taken right before our pick in the 3rd and fourth round. I was very high on Charbonnet and of course I knew Bijan Robinson wasn't going to fall to us.

rambo2

Reaction score
I don't think he will fall to our 3rd round pick. I wouldn't mind overdrafting a top RB. Last year every RB I wanted was taken right before our pick in the 3rd and fourth round. I was very high on Charbonnet and of course I knew Bijan Robinson wasn't going to fall to us.
I noticed that last year as well.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
They had LaPorta ranked ahead of him.
Uh huh.

Kincaid, his parents, and his agent all expected the Cowboys to draft him.

It's not the first time Jerry tried to change the narrative, don't forget the napkin he had at the 2022 draft presser. He always tries to rewrite history to make it look like everything went according to plan.

The Cowboys also immediately tried to overcorrect and reached like hell for Schoonmaker in the 2nd.

Also, I wish they would have taken LaPorta over Mazi. Many people would have hated it at the time (me included) but would have been a great pick.

rambo2

Reaction score
Uh huh.

It's not the first time Jerry tried to change the narrative, don't forget the napkin he had at the 2022 draft presser. He always tries to rewrite history to make it look like everything went according to plan.

The Cowboys also immediately tried to overcorrect and reached like hell for Schoonmaker in the 2nd.

Also, I wish they would have taken LaPorta over Mazi. Many people would have hated it at the time (me included) but would have been a great pick.
The morning of the draft, it was reported that the Cowboys had LaPorta as their top tight end.

Eddie

Reaction score
Wasn't James Cook available for really cheap as a FA ???

Beaker42

Reaction score
Every team would kill for a CMC. In today's game the "stud" running backs are not the norm.

Entering this week Pollard was still a top 10 back. Averaging the same ypc as Henry. Penalties have been killing him lately. Had two big runs called back last week and had 11 yard run and 9 yard run called back today

Dunno why people act like Pollard is some scrub. Seems like everyone is still locked on Zekes first couple of years production like that was normal
Pollard isn’t even as good as the dude from Barffalo who carved u so up. REALLY hoping DQ gets snatched up by a team in the offseason.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Chase Brown would have been better in the 4th and there is nothing wrong with Michigan players and Schoonmaker is fine. How do you feel about Hutchinson on the Lions? How about Tom Brady?
All the ones we take suck as pros.

Beaker42

Reaction score
With all three recent Michigan draftees it was bad football philosophies. Taco was the outdated belief that Watt couldn’t play in their scheme. Mazi was an overreaction to the Tush Push and they overlooked red flags about Mazi’s motor. Schoonmaker was a reaction to criticism for getting swooped by Buffalo for Kincaid.

Outside of those missteps, and Trysten Hill, they have really drafted quite well. More McClay and less Jones is they key to success there.
Beginning to dislike McClay.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Uh huh.

It has already been proven who they were targeting with the first round pick.
They have footage of them debating it in the war room.

It was between Mazi and Bergeron the OT from Syracuse.

I also believe that Broaddus or one of the other guys on the draft show said they were hearing that they liked La porta as their top TE. If La Porta would have been there in the second they would have taken him.

visionary

Reaction score
We were not gonna do that (draft a RB high) .. after we just franchise tag our own Pro Bowl RB (Pollard)
and really a speed all purpose in his own right.
Not everyone knows how to build a team

Should never have franchised Pollard
Sign Swift
Draft Achane

Trade Diggs for a 1
Pick with that 1
Use the 18 million given to Diggs and sign Hargraves
Draft Mazi

MUCH better team
Same money and draft capital

Beaker42

Reaction score
He is excellent. How in the world could you dislike him?
He is taking guys we don’t need and won’t help us. Schoonmaker was the wrong pick. Mazi HAD to be the pick because we refuse to dive into the FA market on day 1. Tolbert was a terrible Rd 3 pick.

He needs to pick it up.