Video: We've seen Romo deliver plenty of these type of games Dak just had, yet doesn't get the same grief?

Kevinicus

Reaction score
This game should have been deja vu for many of us.
As great as the D has played for 3 quarters, I had that same old pit in my stomach as I knew they were gonna let the Eagles continue to score until it came down to who had the ball last. We've seen this same movie before.

Romo has delivered these type of games over the years... bad to mediocre for a few quarters, then ball out in the 4th to win it or score then watch the defense let the opposition walk down the field and win it.
Dak played poorly but didn't put his head down. He stood tall and played with guts. He's a work in progress but the kid has a moxy/clutch gene that very few have, even those with more physical talents.

We deify Romo but seem to forget the numerous games that he had that were carbon copies of tonight.
Remember these?

(Look at these awful INT throws.)

(The "Witten tackling a cheerleader" game.)

Dak has another yr left on his rookie contract. He's frustrating as heck sometimes but let's hope and see if the guy can get better. No, he's not the passer Romo became (and didn't benefit from sitting 4 years behind veterans) but its possible he can tweak some things in his game to become better.

The vitriol around here is ridiculous. The same way we defended Romo from outside critics is the same way some of us are defending Dak from his own fanbase. Sad.

Romo has a bad game, it's called a bad game.

Dak has a bad game, he's heralded by some as the next coming.

That Buffalo game was an awful game by Romo. Yes, they came back and won, but it was a poor performance on his part. Period.

That Miami game, I don't recall the whole thing, but don't recall it being called some great performance. A good ending? Sure, but not a great game.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I looked it up.
Romo started 156 games and had more TDs than turnovers in 136 of them. (abut 87% of the time) Pretty astounding for a "gun-slinger".

His TD to int ratio in the playoffs is one of the best in NFL history at 8 to 2 ..and one of those was a hail mary, no choice thing.

People just have selective memory because we love our Cowboys so much and some of those bad games are burned into our memory.

Can't believe Buffalo is always brought up. Was that really a big game? About as un-big a game as it gets. And like yesterday, the team did actually win.

Last edited:

silvrNblue

Reaction score
I remember Romo being ripped to shreds with those bad games. Not sure where that's coming from. Romo was known for big let downs. Known for his terrible games. Romo becoming an incredible announcer saved his image. Before that I don't remember a love fest over Romo.
ROFL, go start a Daks great thread, you have to bring a sham, bib and a anti drool blanky to wipe through all the Romo lovers spittle, drool

Quickdraw

Reaction score
You can't compare Romo to Prescott.

If the defense was as good when Romo played as it is this year, there wouldn't have been a need for him to force the ball as much as he had to to move the chains. He also had no pass blocking for his first 6 years. He was always scrambling to extend plays.

cwbyfn88

Reaction score
As great as the D has played for 3 quarters, I had that same old pit in my stomach as I knew they were gonna let the Eagles continue to score until it came down to who had the ball last. We've seen this same movie before.

Romo has delivered these type of games over the years... bad to mediocre for a few quarters, then ball out in the 4th to win it or score then watch the defense let the opposition walk down the field and win it.
Dak played poorly but didn't put his head down. He stood tall and played with guts. He's a work in progress but the kid has a moxy/clutch gene that very few have, even those with more physical talents.

We deify Romo but seem to forget the numerous games that he had that were carbon copies of tonight.
Remember these?

Dak has another yr left on his rookie contract. He's frustrating as heck sometimes but let's hope and see if the guy can get better. No, he's not the passer Romo became (and didn't benefit from sitting 4 years behind veterans) but its possible he can tweak some things in his game to become better.

The vitriol around here is ridiculous. The same way we defended Romo from outside critics is the same way some of us are defending Dak from his own fanbase. Sad.

Were you in a bunker with no reception Romo's entire career? He was one of the most chastised Cowboys quarterbacks ever. Not just by other teams fans but by his own teams fans. Most of the fans desperately defending Dak Prescott are the same ones who were ripping Romo his entire career

irishline

Reaction score

Remember these?

What rock where you living under when Romo was QB?

Dak gets some fair and some uncalled for grief, I agree with that. But honestly it is no more or less than I Romo got in his day from fans.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Romo got slammed for losing a game he put up 48 points in. Got slammed for an interception that was the result of a horrible route and effort by Escobar.

Dak has excuses made for him for throwing a horrible pick that took points away.

JS22

Reaction score
Actually we haven't because Romo has never thrown for 455 yards and WON a game. lol.

That's amazing and sad at the same time.

Also OP, as Dak supporters keep telling Romo supporters ... maybe it's time to just get over it and move on?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score

Remember these?

wow - i seem to remember the same thing we're seeing now. some loved him, some hated him, most just wanted to win. this fascination of thought thinking that life isn't fair and people that loved romo should love dak is just strange to me.

Titleist

Reaction score
This thread is an absolute joke and should be deleted. Anybody with half a memory can remember how bad Romo got it after any of his "choke" games. CZ was so unbearable after such games, I didn't even bother with the forum for a week or so after everyone came back to earth

p_tubbs

Reaction score

Remember these?

Why is this even a topic? Romo is GONE and is not returning. It doesn't matter what he did anymore than what Danny Whote did. Please move forward with the QB that is here now.

tm1119

Reaction score
I sometimes read the news and think to myself “how is that 2 sides can be so irrational and not come to a common sense middle ground?”

And then I read this board...I guess lack of common sense and extreme 1 sided opinions is a very common theme nowadays.

-Dak is neither great or bad
-Romo never won anything and should not be the measuring stick for QB play.

Can we all move on now?

SackMaster

Reaction score
Romo used to be bashed constantly, just like Dak

And I believe if Social Media existed back then, Troy would have been a bum and many would have wished Staubach would have stayed in the Military.

If I'm a QB agent, I don't even consider Dallas as a team since their fan base will turn on the QB whenever he misses a THROW, let alone loses a game.

gmb1

Reaction score
You can't compare Romo to Prescott.

If the defense was as good when Romo played as it is this year, there wouldn't have been a need for him to force the ball as much as he had to to move the chains. He also had no pass blocking for his first 6 years. He was always scrambling to extend plays.
This is the new narrative now. Cool.