Video: We've seen Romo deliver plenty of these type of games Dak just had, yet doesn't get the same grief?

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Romo throws the pick to lose the game while Dak throws the TD to win the game. Big difference.

Funny how when Romo was here he had more 4th quarter come from behind wins than any other QB during the same time period. But on the other side the Cowboys also gave up more 4th quarter leads than any team during the same time period.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Romo never got grief? Selective memory there cause Romo could do nothing right in the eyes of the masses

Actually it wasn't the masses because more Cowboys fans like Romo than he had haters.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
This game should have been deja vu for many of us.
As great as the D has played for 3 quarters, I had that same old pit in my stomach as I knew they were gonna let the Eagles continue to score until it came down to who had the ball last. We've seen this same movie before.

Romo has delivered these type of games over the years... bad to mediocre for a few quarters, then ball out in the 4th to win it or score then watch the defense let the opposition walk down the field and win it.
Dak played poorly but didn't put his head down. He stood tall and played with guts. He's a work in progress but the kid has a moxy/clutch gene that very few have, even those with more physical talents.

We deify Romo but seem to forget the numerous games that he had that were carbon copies of tonight.
Remember these?

(Look at these awful INT throws.)

(The "Witten tackling a cheerleader" game.)

Dak has another yr left on his rookie contract. He's frustrating as heck sometimes but let's hope and see if the guy can get better. No, he's not the passer Romo became (and didn't benefit from sitting 4 years behind veterans) but its possible he can tweak some things in his game to become better.

The vitriol around here is ridiculous. The same way we defended Romo from outside critics is the same way some of us are defending Dak from his own fanbase. Sad.

Some fans will only accept Rodgers-Brady-Brees level play at the QB position. Even when the QB has a good game, they'll latch onto any little thing they can in order to diminish the players performace- a la sacks, fumbles, missed 40 yarders, etc

So even if the 25 yr old, 3rd year, 4th rounder with a bad offensive coordinator puts up 450 yards, there are still going to be fans insistently bash him because he made a handful of bad plays, even though he made far more positive plays. It's just reality, sadly.

Last edited:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Seriously what are you talking about?! Dak does not get 1/10th of grief of what Romo received during his time in Dallas. Romo was raked over the coals by fans, media, opposing players, opposing coaches, GMs, and media. They clowned on Romo during rankings. It was pathetic how poorly he was treated. Everyday. Every year.

There wasn't as many fans that ripped on Romo as some are trying to remember. With Romo there was the samegroup that spent all day EVERY DAY spewing their hatred for Romo so now some of you think you remember all this hatred for Romo when it was just the same group every day. Now Prescott is going through the same thing with a group of haters who on every thread every day spew their hatred for Prescott making it appear that there is such a huge number of Cowboys "fans" doing it when it's just that same group every day on every thread.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Yep. Aaron Rodgers could arrive in Dallas, and if he didn't win consistently, he'd become just another "bust" for us Cowboys fans...didn't do enough, an in-grate, a waste of money.

Hec, Troy won 3 SBs, and we hate on him for being nothing but a "bus driver" of a great team....it's who we are. Secretly, most of us only really liked Staubach as a QB, every other QB had so many performance and/or character flaws that we bash them ad nauseum.

So, for Dak, it's par for the course. It's a no-win situation, because even when they do win, it's with a "but, but...he couldn't win without that defense, or that great running game". Oh well.
For me it goes Roger, Troy, and Danny. Dak is 4th.

foofighters

Reaction score
This game should have been deja vu for many of us.
As great as the D has played for 3 quarters, I had that same old pit in my stomach as I knew they were gonna let the Eagles continue to score until it came down to who had the ball last. We've seen this same movie before.

Romo has delivered these type of games over the years... bad to mediocre for a few quarters, then ball out in the 4th to win it or score then watch the defense let the opposition walk down the field and win it.
Dak played poorly but didn't put his head down. He stood tall and played with guts. He's a work in progress but the kid has a moxy/clutch gene that very few have, even those with more physical talents.

We deify Romo but seem to forget the numerous games that he had that were carbon copies of tonight.
Remember these?

(Look at these awful INT throws.)

(The "Witten tackling a cheerleader" game.)

Dak has another yr left on his rookie contract. He's frustrating as heck sometimes but let's hope and see if the guy can get better. No, he's not the passer Romo became (and didn't benefit from sitting 4 years behind veterans) but its possible he can tweak some things in his game to become better.

The vitriol around here is ridiculous. The same way we defended Romo from outside critics is the same way some of us are defending Dak from his own fanbase. Sad.

What's sad is that you don't remember all the crap Romo had to deal with. Dak is a great guy and he did good in OT. But you have to admit he's holding this team back. All the Dak lovers just swarm over anything bad said about him and simply cannot address his play. "Ya but 450 yards!!!!!!" There's a lot more to the story and if you want to improve you HAVE to discuss the negative play. The Dak lovers refuse to. I bet Dak would sit down and have a conversation about it. I am in the middle of the pack. I don't hate the guy nor do I think he's all that. I did call him trash yesterday because his play is incredibly frustrating. Was I hard on him? Ya, I was. He's not trash, but he's not very good either. He's just an average QB that is going to make some good plays and then frustrate the crap out of us. At least Romo proved to very, very good later in his career. Can Dak improve? Not with this coaching staff and owner. That's not a slight on Dak as much as it is on the leadership of this team.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Some fans will only accept Rodgers-Brady-Brees level play at the QB position. Even when the QB has a good game, they'll latch onto any little thing they can in order to diminish the players performace- a la sacks, fumbles, missed 40 yarders, etc

So even if the 25 yr old, 3rd year, 4th rounder with a bad offensive coordinator puts up 450 yards, there are still going to be fans insistently bash him because he made a handful of bad plays, even though he made far more positive plays. It's just reality, sadly.
It would be nice, just one game, if he could drive over a team and not let off the gas instead of throwing it in reverse every other drive.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
If Tony ever had a defense half as good as the one we have this year he'd of won multiple SB's.
Romo at one point had a defense that featured 7 first round draft picks, Ware, Spears, Spencer, Brooking, Newman, Williams, and Jemkins. Romo didn't always play with a bad defense.

Last edited:

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
There wasn't as many fans that ripped on Romo as some are trying to remember. With Romo there was the samegroup that spent all day EVERY DAY spewing their hatred for Romo so now some of you think you remember all this hatred for Romo when it was just the same group every day. Now Prescott is going through the same thing with a group of haters who on every thread every day spew their hatred for Prescott making it appear that there is such a huge number of Cowboys "fans" doing it when it's just that same group every day on every thread.

You are 100% wrong. I know what I recall and what happened with Romo. Tony was taken to the woodshed like I have never seen with any other long term starting QB. EVER.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
His playoff record is the only knock on him and the only reason he won't be in the HOF. Unfortunately for Tony, that just how Qbs are measured and no conference title game appearence on his resume' is a big hole. But, in terms of arm talent and stats, he's as good as anyone that ever played the position in Dallas and he's a shoe-in for the ROH. Witten on the other hand will breeze into the HOF despite having no playoff success either b/c TE's are measured only on stats.

He choked every playoff. I can think of one playoff game where he carried his team Detroit that is it.

Dak lost his only playoff game. but Romo never came close to a performance like that in any single game in the playoffs.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
You are 100% wrong. I know what I recall and what happened with Romo. Tony was taken to the woodshed like I have never seen with any other long term starting QB. EVER.
He was taken to the shed after being in the league 5 years, prior to that, I heard very little bad about Romo.

Mr_437

Reaction score
No. Romo got his azz roasted too. Some of these fans seem to think Dak is a special case. I don't care who it is if you suck I'm not gonna lie about it, and that goes for anybody in any sport.

Romo got blasted just like Dak is...part of the job. Stop crying over Dak paying his dues.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
He choked every playoff. I can think of one playoff game where he carried his team Detroit that is it.

Dak lost his only playoff game. but Romo never came close to a performance like that in any single game in the playoffs.
My man out here throwin flames. :thumbup::popcorn:

Fontaine

Reaction score
Are you seriously going to post Romo never got this level of grief.

Literally the most hated on QB in Dallas Cowboys history, and it ain’t close. All the guy did was throw bombs and deal with a crap team and incompetent coaches around him for 90% of his career.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
I didn’t go through this thread but I don’t think the topic is true. I saw Romo get a ton of grief here and everywhere else I’ve talked Cowboys. I’ll admit, I 100% ripped Romo for his bad games and still do. I still think he had empty stats and didn’t do enough to extend seasons where the Cowboys supposedly had the most talent in the NFL.

DFWJC

Reaction score

Take a bow!
Even football illiterates are allowed a voice!!
:lmao:

So the playoff win vs Philly where he had 2TDs and 0 ints and a 105 rating was choking?
The Green Bay playoff game with 2TDs 0 ints and a insane 143 QB rating...you know the game where he threw no 2nd half incompletions except the phony Dez drop? He sucked then too?

Come on

Last edited:

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He sucked the rest of the game of course Romo lovers only point out Dak’s misses.

Until Dak wins a playoff game, you've got no point to be made. Dak is an average QB in the NFL by just about every measure. If thats good enough for you, I could care less.