What a crock of crap.. The guy who hurt McNabb Fined 7500 for the hit

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
aikemirv said:
That would be really funny and a great news story.

"7500 Cowboys fans contribute $1 each for the Spear On Mcnabb"

Hey, I'll chip in $5. :laugh2:

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
It was probably the right thing to do to fine him. I thought he got smacked pretty hard with the helmet.

Did Briggs get fined for the hit on Ramsay?

HanfordDixon

Please, Call Me Shirley
Reaction score
Are you a Browns fan? Where's Frank Minnifield?

No, Cowboys since 1977... Just like the name. Could've went with Reggie Rucker, but Frank was a good dog too.

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
i've never seen the league step up and BABY a team like they have the iggles in the last 9 months.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
phillycowboyslover said:
i've never seen the league step and and BABY a team like they have the iggles in the last 9 months.

See what I mean, Doomsday?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Rack said:
See what I mean, Doomsday?

I have no control over what others say or feel I gave you my view and it was not based on like or dislike of the eagles. Frankly I think the eagles got a bad call on a hitting out of bounds on Vick.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
Rack said:
Since when to the refs catch every penalty that happens in every game?

And read my above post. It was CLEARLY a spear. Anyone that disagrees obviously doesn't know the definition of a "Spear".
What makes you right? NOTHING its your interpitation I didn't see him lead with the Crown I saw him from the back and it looked to me his facemask was in Mcnabbs chest. Also if he had led with his Crown do you think Loud mouth Madden wouldn't have been all over it?

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
Rack said:
He didn't use his facemask. He used the top of his helmet. He was facing the ground when he hit McNabb. It was an easy call to make and he should be fined.

IMO, that rule should be in place not cuz you might hurt someone if you spear them, but because you can actually hurt YOURSELF by spearing. You can end up paralyzed tackling people like that.

:hammer: exactly right!!!

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
What makes you right? NOTHING its your interpitation I didn't see him lead with the Crown I saw him from the back and it looked to me his facemask was in Mcnabbs chest. Also if he had led with his Crown do you think Loud mouth Madden wouldn't have been all over it?

What makes me right? It's an obvious call. You Obviously have very little knowledge of what a spear is or you're letting your hate for the eagles cloud your judgement. One or the other.

And by the way, the guys that review this stuff and make decisions on whether a fine should be handed out happend to agree with ME.

How 'bout them apples?

Mkyle

Benched
Reaction score
Rack said:
What makes me right? It's an obvious call. You Obviously have very little knowledge of what a spear is or you're letting your hate for the eagles cloud your judgement. One or the other.

And by the way, the guys that review this stuff and make decisions on whether a fine should be handed out happend to agree with ME.

How 'bout them apples?

Rack, I have Tivo and watched it several times...it was definetely a spear, end of sentence!! Also, if it was not a spear, the guy would not be getting fined...

It might not have been intentional, and I think the game is becoming sissy-fied, but it could be very dangerous to both parties...

It was a spear....if you have Tivo, look at it again, if you don't have Tivo, then you just don't have an argument...

Carry on....

Scotman

Reaction score
I think I posted something about this in another thread. He definately hit him with the crown of his helmet with his face looking down.

Not only do I think he deserves the fine, I think he's lucky he didn't hurt his own neck. The spearing rule isn't just intended to prevent injury to the one being hit, but the person who is hitting.

NorthDalal

Reaction score
Jk and others....

The purely argumentative nature of this exchange is distressing.

It should be clear to anyone paying attention to the NFL that "using the helmet as a weapon" will result in a roughing call and those words were used to tighten enforcement of the spearing rule several years ago.

Secondly there is also a refreeing concept called "launching" which is the act of leaving your feet to deliver a blow. Both concepts are referee interpretive rules which have come down post-game from Ron Peirirra's office.There is no longer the requirement that the crown of the helmet is the required point of contact to define roughing.

The play should have been flagged during the game.

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
Um, I think McFlabb was running and the other guy fell and McFlabb just happened to run into the top of his helmet. Yeah, that's it. And, um, the guys with the black and white striped outfits, they really didn't see it, cuz they didn't throw down the yellow hankie.

Yeah, that sounded pretty stupid, right? So does everyone arguing over what is and isn't a spear. The NFL can't even agree on it. The refs didn't think so and didn't throw a flag. Gene Washington thought it was a spear and fined the guy. End of story.

What's next, arguing over whether or not the orange pilon is an extention of the goal plane or the beginning of out of bounds?

Give me a break.

:bang2:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
the DoNkEy PuNcH said:
Um, I think McFlabb was running and the other guy fell and McFlabb just happened to run into the top of his helmet. Yeah, that's it. And, um, the guys with the black and white striped outfits, they really didn't see it, cuz they didn't throw down the yellow hankie.

Yeah, that sounded pretty stupid, right? So does everyone arguing over what is and isn't a spear. The NFL can't even agree on it. The refs didn't think so and didn't throw a flag. Gene Washington thought it was a spear and fined the guy. End of story.

What's next, arguing over whether or not the orange pilon is an extention of the goal plane or the beginning of out of bounds?

Give me a break.

I agree. I know Woodson had been hit with fines that many around here disagreed with but he still got the fine.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
the DoNkEy PuNcH said:

Give me a break.

So what are people suppose to do on an internet message board? Please, do tell.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
jksmith269 said:

That is absolutely hilarious.
Yes your honor I can tell you exactly what he looks like running away from me........c'mon JK that's pretty weak. I am not siding with anyone but I saw a spear. Not only a spear but a very blatant spear. This guy knew he was gonna get a flag and didn't care. He lucked out and didn't but the NFL review folks nabbed him. If you think abotu it this way.....It wasn't flagged BUT reviewed later. WHY?

blindzebra

Reaction score
It was a spear, it should be a fine, and it should have drawn a flag.

Something to keep in mind in reguards to it not getting a flag, the referee has that play.

The hit came from the side opposite of where the official was positioned. There were two other defenders and McNabb between the official and the spearer.

So unless the umpire had a look threw the wash of the OL/DL, there was no way to see the illegal hit.

Basketball officials talk about getting an open look and not getting caught in a stack, where all you can see is the back of the players. The referee in this case was in a stack.

Kilyin

Reaction score
National Flag Football League. What a bunch of sissies.

UDcowboysfan

Reaction score
Start up a relief fund so we can pay for this hit. If Mcnabb dousnt play chance we they will loose.