What a crock of crap.. The guy who hurt McNabb Fined 7500 for the hit

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
he has yet to feel pain.................... him and to both.

but they will..........soon.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Kilyin said:
National Flag Football League. What a bunch of sissies.

This play is about keeping players out of wheelchairs for the rest of their lives.

If a 220-300 pound player that is moving 15+ MPH hits another 220-300 pound player with the top of their head, all that force has only one way to go, straight down their spine.

If you look at all levels of football, several players every year, suffer permanent and sometimes fatal injuries tackling that way.

montgod

Reaction score
Add me to the "I thought it was spearing when I saw the play" also.

kartr

Reaction score
Julius Jones said:
Start up a relief fund so we can pay for this hit. If Mcnabb dousnt play chance we they will loose.

If Lavalais had struck McNabb with his face-mask, McNabb wouldn't have gotten a chest contusion. It was clearly a spear and I didn't need Tivo to see it. I saw it the first time it happened and commented if the refs don't throw a flag on that one, he'll certainly get fined. I understand you're wanting to get McNabb out the line up, but fair is fair. I would of thought it was a spear even if it happened to Peyton Manning.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
i saw a spear, and so i saw a fine coming, this is a crock of crap this is protecting football players, they know the rules, and should get fine

ECKOgear

Reaction score
leonargized said:
That is crap.
I guess if you hurt a top eagle player you will pay the price!!!

right thats the point...look at roy williams "horse collar" tackle, hurting TO...now theres a rule about doing that....even tho in the first week of games i still saw like mad players do it and not get flaged...but watch if someone from Dallas did it you would think we were playin the steelers with all the yellow flags lol

Gordon

Reaction score
If anyone could find a GIF of the actual play, it would clearly show that he did spear McNabb, and his facemask was facing directly down at the ground. I do have somehwta of a problem with how much he was fined and how little the Bears dude was fined for almost decapitating Ramsey (which was $0). In that sense, I think the league does favor the big stars and the big teams.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
he didn't lead with the crown of his helmet. He did what is taught by placing his facemask right in the middle of his chest. He didn't spear him.

he clearly led with the helmet...the NFL says you cant do that...it should have been a personal foul

David

5 Super Bowls

Reaction score
If he raises his head and hits him with his facemask, he could break his neck. Anyone that thinks that tackle is a spear must not have played the damn game. If that was against another spar QB, no fine, no comment. Mortenson was outraged when someone mentioned it as a spear. That was before the fine.

The Eagles have a huge and out of control fan base. NFL is bowing to the crowd by taking action against anyone who hurts their players.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
I'm glad intelligent fans come in all franchises -- some of you really called it right. But some fo you are still caught up in the fact that if an injured player (as a result of an outlawed form of tackle called "spearing") wears a certain type of uniform or plays for a certain team, you cannot bring yourself to support him. For THOSE I turn my back on you!

Because even if this were Troy Aikman, I would still have supported the rule to fine against spearing!