What about Antonio Pierce?

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2456656 said:
that is true

he probably can get a reduced sentence/lesser charge though

IDK the mayor is up in arms about this I don't think they are going to let him walk nor should they.

Section446

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2456860 said:
IDK the mayor is up in arms about this I don't think they are going to let him walk nor should they.
Yeah, but you know he will get off on any charges. He'll work out a deal with a judge who's a Giants fan somewhere and will get probation or some crap. Thankfully, I think we've seen the last of Burress as a Giant though.

Rudy

Reaction score
How many days did Goodell take on making a decision on Pacman after the hotel incident?? I think 6 or 7...maybe for once he'll make a consistent ruling.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
I'm trying to give a damn about Antonio Pierce, Plaxico Burress, and the New York Giants.

I guess I fail.

I'm more concerned with the Cowboys than some players on another team. I couldn't care less what happens to them; suspension or not. Go Dallas!

Boysboy

Reaction score
Dreadnought94;2456867 said:
Yeah, but you know he will get off on any charges. He'll work out a deal with a judge who's a Giants fan somewhere and will get probation or some crap. Thankfully, I think we've seen the last of Burress as a Giant though.

There were like 9 Giants teammates at the club with him-he could have injured any of them with that stunt he pulled. If Pacman had pulled this stunt, I would have broken his neck myself.

If anything, the Giants should be fortunate Pierce, Bradshaw, and the other teammates with them didn't get hurt. Burress should be given his walking papers immediately.

kbman

Reaction score
cmacch;2456605 said:
:horse:

I'm so bored with the Burress/Pierce conversation. Nothing is going to happen any time soon with this case. Absolutely nothing. As far as Goodell is concerned, I really don't see him taking any disciplinary action against either player because they are "innocent until proven guilty."

Dude shot himself in the leg at a nightclub, not much to prove if you ask me.

Boysboy

Reaction score
kbman;2456932 said:
Dude shot himself in the leg at a nightclub, not much to prove if you ask me.

Didn't OJ get a fair trial, and then acquitted, despite all the DNA evidence being overwhelming?

ladiewolve

Reaction score
Vintage;2456893 said:
I'm trying to give a damn about Antonio Pierce, Plaxico Burress, and the New York Giants.

I guess I fail.

I'm more concerned with the Cowboys than some players on another team. I couldn't care less what happens to them; suspension or not. Go Dallas!

I don't really care either , but it is mighty nice that the media has something else to buzz about other than Dallas:bow:
And further more they shouldn't get any breaks....They don't give us any , so whats good for the goose is what I say!

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
I have a question. Is it a possibility that Pierce could be charged with possesion of an illegal firearm just like Burress? Unless I heard the story wrong, Burress gave the gun to Pierce so he could get rid of it. Wouldn't that put Pierce in possesion of an illegal firearm as well?

Section446

Reaction score
BoysfaninVegas;2456979 said:
I have a question. Is it a possibility that Pierce could be charged with possesion of an illegal firearm just like Burress? Unless I heard the story wrong, Burress gave the gun to Pierce so he could get rid of it. Wouldn't that put Pierce in possesion of an illegal firearm as well?
This is all I could find on the matter, per AP:

AP said:
Police have formally begun investigating Giants MLB Antonio Pierce for his role in Plaxico Burress' accidental self-shooting. Pierce is believed to be fully cooperating with the investigation, but could still face charges of his own for attempting to hide Burress' gun. Pierce started Sunday's game at Washington and recorded six tackles (four solo).

And:
Plaxico Burress is expected to be charged with criminal possession of a weapon after shooting himself in the thigh Friday night. The felony chage results in a mandatory 3.5 year prison sentence. "He went for his gun and fumbled it. And now it will cost him," a police source told the NY Daily News. Details continue to emerge, such as Antonio Pierce berating Plaxico for bringing the gun to a club. Pierce also stashed the gun for Burress and didn't call 911 at Plaxico's request, so he could face charges as well. Cops only learned about the incident after the Giants quietly reached out to them to report it.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Thanks Dreadnought94. I guess there is a possibility that they could both face the same charge of criminal possesion.

Section446

Reaction score
BoysfaninVegas;2456985 said:
Thanks Dreadnought94. I guess there is a possibility that they could both face the same charge of criminal possesion.
No problem man. Even if Burress doesn't get thrown in jail I imagine that the Giants will get rid of him and that's good enough for me. Just one less weapon a division opponent has to use against us.

Aikbach

Reaction score
I heard Mayor Bloomberg on the radio, he seemed adament about making an example of Burress to demonstrate no one is above the rule of law; I applaud the stand, Rex Lex now and forever.