What about Antonio Pierce?

Verdict

Reaction score
If the allegations against Plaxico (looks pretty solid at present since he actually got shot) and Pierce are determined to be true, the "Good Sheriff" Roger Goodell (I'm being sarcastic) MUST impose significant punishment on both Plax and Pierce.

I think Plax is pretty much done in NY so whatever Goodell does prob won't have that much effect on the Giants this year. Pierce is another story. Unless Goodell suspends him, he will be in the lineup every week. I think the suspension of Pierce has a lot more effect on the Giants than Plaxico's potential suspension. The loss of Pierce would hurt the Giants' defense significantly.

khiladi

Reaction score
I would love to see how gung-ho the mayor was if the nine other Giants' players were somehow involved...I find this whole incident comical... The dude shot himself in the leg, at a club. I wonder what he actually was doing. Grinding on some broad. Seriously, the guy shot himself in the leg. It looked like they had the whole SWAT team on him when they led him into his car........................................................"I think Plax is pretty much done in NY so whatever Goodell does prob won't have that much effect on the Giants this year. Pierce is another story. Unless Goodell suspends him, he will be in the lineup every week. I think the suspension of Pierce has a lot more effect on the Giants than Plaxico's potential suspension. The loss of Pierce would hurt the Giants' defense significantly.".............................Not it wouldn't... The Giants are what they are because of the front four. They lost two much better players than Pierce, STrahan and Osi, and they are still beasting...

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Verdict;2457384 said:
If the allegations against Plaxico (looks pretty solid at present since he actually got shot) and Pierce are determined to be true, the "Good Sheriff" Roger Goodell (I'm being sarcastic) MUST impose significant punishment on both Plax and Pierce.

I think Plax is pretty much done in NY so whatever Goodell does prob won't have that much effect on the Giants this year. Pierce is another story. Unless Goodell suspends him, he will be in the lineup every week. I think the suspension of Pierce has a lot more effect on the Giants than Plaxico's potential suspension. The loss of Pierce would hurt the Giants' defense significantly.

I agree. And I wouldn't be surprised for Goodell to fine and suspend Pierce, too. If he could be suspended before our game I'd be highly appreciative. Before the Philly game would be real good. I'd so love to see the Giants crumble and I'm not worried about Philly catching us.

Vertigo_17

Reaction score
I've read a couple articles today in the NY papers which make it sound like Pierce isn't all clear...yet. Sounds like the police aren't getting all the cooperation that was promised.

Also interesting are the comments from Aiello about players (plural) being held accountable on this matter.