What Anonymous Scouts Had To Say About Five Cowboys Rookies

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
You may be right, but I don't see progression. I see reaction.
I see reaction to a different style of plays, a different style of play calling over the past few years and Romo's adjustment to it.

He isn't THAT much different than he was and much of his growth was simply common sense to all sides, and I believe he would have seen it himself.

But I'm not going to discount my lack of a nuanced eye towards these things and leave it at: you're analysis is just as good as mine.
Carry on brother/sister.

I appreciate different opinions but this is simply not true.

Romo has grown so much as a qb in comparison to 2007.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Romo's gotten better each and every season he's been in the league. But then he also works really hard at it. Whether it's cutting down wasted movement in the pocket or getting rid of the ball faster when a play doesn't develop, or the adjustments he makes at the line, he does a great job. And obviously his coaches get full credit for working with him on any improvements.

This fantasy that Romo is somehow successful in spite of his coaching and in spite of his play calling is a joke. And it goes on and on and on at the expense of criticism of the things on the other sides of the ball that are actual problems that get this team beat over and over and over.

Yes. Romo deserves all the credit for his growth into one of the 5 best quarterbacks in all of football.

But to arbitrarily give his coaches who have been with him a decade no credit for some of that growth is absolute nonsense.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I appreciate different opinions but this is simply not true.

Romo has grown so much as a qb in comparison to 2007.

You're correct, Those first 4 years was a lot of growing up and transformation for him into a much better player, but after that?
He's been the same guy. More patient a bit, maybe too much sometimes... but the past few years he's been the same Romo adjusting to the offense.
You can say, but he had so few INT's in '14!
Yup. He was still the same guy, just adjusting to his offense.

Which is no indictment. He was/is a great player and, if anything, I'm glorifying that he can adjust to a different offense and thrive, but he was the same guy.
He just has a better OL and in '14 had a RB that he could milk so he adjusted accordingly.

Same guy though.

DavidS

Reaction score
IMO, not all scouts are worth a damn

You don't say

edd4f4c123a90e6b2ad9a82d7ae27ad7.jpeg

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
You don't say

edd4f4c123a90e6b2ad9a82d7ae27ad7.jpeg

Lol. So true! I will place a bill on the table for anyone willing to snatch it if this goob gets hired by a legit NFL team to do legit scouting work for them.
I'll hold this bet for the next... what? I don't know. I feel confident already there are ZERO teams interested in him even remotely as a scout and there won't be anytime soon.

Three years. This dink gets hired to scout for a team in the next 3 years and someone is able to dredge this up:
Good on you.

I don't feel confident in your odds.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Yes. Romo deserves all the credit for his growth into one of the 5 best quarterbacks in all of football.

But to arbitrarily give his coaches who have been with him a decade no credit for some of that growth is absolute nonsense.

I don't even know how someone arrives at such a conclusion. We don't really know what his coaches are teaching him or telling him. That's not information we're privy to.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I'm a tad bit curious just why the 'anonymous' evaluators fly in the dark?

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
I like the Elliott comments. They aren't heaping praise like he's going to teleport to the end zone every carry, but simply stating that he has no weaknesses -- I'll take a running back with 20 year old legs and no weaknesses with our offensive line over a guy who "may or may not" be a boom or bust candidate.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I like the Elliott comments. They aren't heaping praise like he's going to teleport to the end zone every carry, but simply stating that he has no weaknesses -- I'll take a running back with 20 year old legs and no weaknesses with our offensive line over a guy who "may or may not" be a boom or bust candidate.

This tanker is partial to a good/loud boom!:)

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Or it is easy to hide your lack of it in a pretty talented defense. That is one pitfall of powerhouse SEC schools. There are a lot of times it is hard to separate team success from individual talent.

That is one reason you do see people start to lump prospects from the same program together.
Like Alabama RBs, lol

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
I don't even know how someone arrives at such a conclusion. We don't really know what his coaches are teaching him or telling him. That's not information we're privy to.

The fact that they've been paid millions of dollars over the last decade to do a job.... And the job has gotten done (develop Romo)?

Sure this is anecdotal evidence but if you want to stick your head in the sand and ignore it... That's your cross to bear.

dfense

Reaction score
3rd scout on Jaylon Smith "not the brightest cookie in the box"? Is that like rocket surgery? Look in the mirror buddy.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
I guess Jaylon Smith is an idiot according to scout #3.

Prescott basically can't hit the ocean from the beach floor. None of our defensive guy are worth a damn according to scout 2 and 3.

Would be nice if these clowns put their name on what they say. Reminds me of the clown gm that ran the Colts saying he had Brady high on his board. The hell you did you lier.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
The fact that they've been paid millions of dollars over the last decade to do a job.... And the job has gotten done (develop Romo)?

Sure this is anecdotal evidence but if you want to stick your head in the sand and ignore it... That's your cross to bear.

My cross to bear? :laugh:

Trust me, I don't worry THAT greatly about whether the coaching staff has been able to develop Romo. So your comment seems a bit out of place.

Be that as it may, it's not like Romo has reverted to being a scrub. So it could be argued that the coaching staff HAS developed him. But we don't know this one way or the other - which prompted my response.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
My cross to bear? :laugh:

Trust me, I don't worry THAT greatly about whether the coaching staff has been able to develop Romo. So your comment seems a bit out of place.

Be that as it may, it's not like Romo has reverted to being a scrub. So it could be argued that the coaching staff HAS developed him. But we don't know this one way or the other - which prompted my response.

We have a preponderance of evidence to suggest the staff has developed him.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
We have a preponderance of evidence to suggest the staff has developed him.

Maybe I misread you or you misread me. I'm not saying the staff hasn't. In fact, I believe Romo HAS been developed by the quarterback coaching staff. It's more likely that he has than he hasn't.

My overall point is that we often talk in absolute terms about issues we simply don't know about because we're not privy to inside information.