What are Cowboys going to do with Extra Cap Space?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by windjc, May 2, 2022.

1. JonesBoys

JonesBoys Well-Known Member

2,092 Messages
    2,941 Likes Received
    Jones boys pocket.

BAT likes this.
  2. CowboysExchange

CowboysExchange Well-Known Member

1,660 Messages
    379 Likes Received
    Pollard and Zeke are like a sandwich. Pollard is the meat and Zeke is all Bread lol. Ha ha ha

Hopefully they are gonna pay for the other 1/2 of the sandwich now before we go into franchise tag or overpayment mode on a complimentary player ha ha ha

Next year there will be a premium and trend on top rbs in the draft. And we'll reach again lol

We never get any ky either

Last edited: May 3, 2022
  3. Typhus

Typhus Captain Catfish

13,437 Messages
    14,738 Likes Received
    If anyone has been banging the drum for a mid round RB investment its been me, Im just saying there is no need to invest highly at RB, just build the OL first and then grab mid round RBs and burn them up on first year contracts.

Outlaw Heroes likes this.
  4. Mannix

Mannix Well-Known Member

4,912 Messages
    5,659 Likes Received
    Resign Jeff Rohrer and Nolan Carroll for the league minimum.

5. CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninHouston CowboysFaninDC

23,320 Messages
    12,222 Likes Received
    Stephen and Jerry are going Chaching....

6. plymkr

plymkr Well-Known Member

5,859 Messages
    7,882 Likes Received
    That is the most dead on accurate description of what Stephen Jones does for this franchise. Nepotism at it's best.

BAT likes this.
  7. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

44,564 Messages
    29,748 Likes Received

That will be next year, but I still wouldnt use a first rounder. You can get great backs in round 2-4. I would also never give a guy 95% of the carries anymore. Use a RB by committee going forward. This way you always avoid having to pay big money and your not dependent on one guy.

CowboysExchange likes this.
  8. The Fonz

The Fonz Correctamundo

6,619 Messages
    8,990 Likes Received
    Give it to the homeless

9. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

8,002 Messages
    6,932 Likes Received
    They’ll probably do due diligence on James bradberry then keep the money for next year.

CowboyoWales and BAT like this.
  10. Cowfan75

Cowfan75 Well-Known Member

5,676 Messages
    6,304 Likes Received
    Maybe they can lock up Moore ahead of time before Troy again declares he'll be a head coach soon.

11. zrinkill

zrinkill Cowboy Fan

41,730 Messages
    16,579 Likes Received
  12. Bob-Lillys-War

Bob-Lillys-War Well-Known Member

17,891 Messages
    17,315 Likes Received
    yep.

That yatch needs a lot of maintenance .

13. KingintheNorth

KingintheNorth Chris in Arizona

16,057 Messages
    21,541 Likes Received
    Stephen will invest it in a conservative, six-month CD.

BoyzBlaster likes this.
  14. CowboysExchange

1,660 Messages
    379 Likes Received
    I live by and support the RB by committee, and te by committee also. Which we rarely ever seldom use btw.

But I'm grabbing the most talented skilled positions to use in the committee. Draft # is irrelevant to me. You take the best players that fall to you .

Look at Nakobe Dean. He was one of the best values in the draft.

I don't believe in chasing rushing champ records. I believe in winning. I want rbs that can score and perform at the "playoff level" grade as a core. Ours couldnt

We use a next man up philosophy on offense and a defense by committee system.
    We wouldn't even be using a RB by committee now if Zeke was in his prime. Lmao. They picked Zeke at #4 in the first round.

We should have picked up a rookie RB imo. Our RB core is not playoff worthy by faaaaar

We were basically picking from the 2nd Round as low as our #1 pick was. Lol

The best player on the board was not Tyler Smith. Anybody that argues that is drinking some Cowboy koolaide.

Imo the best player on the board was Breece Hall and Tyler Linderbaum by far

Based upon losing Cooper, Wilson, and Jarwins 16 tds and 1500+ yards... And the holes

I woulda replaced their production by picking Breece Hall, Jelani Woods, and Jalen Tolbert in the top 3 rounds

I'm trying to get better on offense to make Dak into a top QB not a #10. We let too much talent and production get away in the skilled positions

Id rather have a 4th round olineman this year and these 3 skilled players for years to come. I'll grab a top olineman when they fall into my lap

Tolbert was the only pick I liked in the top 3 rounds.

Dak
    Breece
    Pollard
    Zeke- Mentor

Woods
    Schultz
    Wydermymer
    Jared Cook fa- mentor

Lamb
    Gallop-
    Tolbert
    Washington
    Brown

This would be my offense if I had been drafting. Its a winning powerhouse compared to what we have now imo

I think we still have weaknesses at RB, Wr, and Te but we'll just see how it goes

Last edited: May 5, 2022
  15. CowboysExchange

1,660 Messages
    379 Likes Received
    We coulda shoulda woulda drafted a RB but we didn't.

We didn't have a chance to replace Cooper in the draft.

And we took the 4th-5th te in the draft who prolly won't play for 2 years lol

I'm not impressed with this draft at all for replacing the production and skilled players we lost. Sorry

We digressed as an offense imo

We'll be one and done in the playoffs if we even make it because our #1 offense is based upon stats in blowout games against scrub teams and not potency.

I'll change my mind when I see an improvement w our RB core, wr core, and te core in fa.

I see nothing but a falloff as a core in all 3 areas.

Last edited: May 5, 2022
  16. Flamma

Flamma Well-Known Member

15,104 Messages
    12,647 Likes Received
    They can make a run anytime they want. The Bengals were 4-11-1 the year prior to making it to the Super Bowl. The 49ers were 6-10 the year before getting there. You have to actually try.

The Cowboys will do next year what they did this year. What they did the year before, and the year before that. Pay their own players and build through the draft. To them, that is making a run.

17. Flamma

Flamma Well-Known Member

15,104 Messages
    12,647 Likes Received
    Not exactly how I would have done it, but regardless, it uses the same logic. Get what improves your team now, worry about the OL later. But they're more worried about plugging holes and getting back to status quo early in the draft.

Since they did little to nothing in free agency, they're left with the back half of the draft to improve the team.

18. LittleD

LittleD Well-Known Member

7,164 Messages
    5,542 Likes Received
    Come now! We know Stephen will not spend 1 extra dime over necessity. He will invest all the extra "quan" in their new bitcoin business.

19. Starforever

Starforever Well-Known Member

5,113 Messages
    3,213 Likes Received
    So, you say they are going to "Spanky" their money away.

20. NotForLong

NotForLong Well-Known Member

5,808 Messages
    6,540 Likes Received
    Buy Jerry a new car