What are your expectations of Dak's ceiling with us?

What are your expectations of Dak's ceiling with us?

• He'll never take us to the playoffs..

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care..

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Opinion

Prescott opponents have only one genuine hope remaining that will offset his short-term and/or long-term future on the team. That hope is for the offensive line to regress from this point on and not stabilize or be re-infused with talent.

Prescott has a premium running back in Elliott. He has a solid number one receiver in Cooper. Gallup continues to improve as a very good number two receiver. The current tight ends have a lower ceiling than Gallup but are serviceable. Lastly, Beasley makes up any deficit at short down yardage situation from the current tight ends.

Regardless, lack of intermediate and deep passes, accuracy, footwork, etc.--of which some criticism is valid--Prescott has the skilled players to run any offensive coordinator's scheme adequately or better. And that will be enough justification for Jerry Jones to retain Prescott as his starting quarterback for the foreseeable future.

End of opinion. Powered by my pseudo understanding of how Jones thinks.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
A couple of things to note from tonight....

Dak was a sneeze away from 300 yards passing tonight.

On the 90 yard pass to Amari, Dak hit him on a simple in route 28 yards down the field (passed from the 5 to the 33)

Just facts......

Chop it up as you will.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Chirp chirp.... Ahhhhhh. So peaceful.

Now we can start talking about those aints.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
70.9% passing, 289 yards, 2 tds, 0 ints.

And people still say he's trash, worst quarterback in the league, stinks, etc.

Yeah he needs to improve, but Cowboys have won 3 games in a row, 2 consecutive road games and a home game on a short week.

I'll concede he's an average quarterback overall, but that's a far cry from trash, etc....

blueblood70

Reaction score

Yeah he needs to improve, but Cowboys have won 3 games in a row, 2 consecutive road games and a home game on a short week.

I'll concede he's an average quarterback overall, but that's a far cry from trash, etc....
AGREED Dak has pocket issues takes way too many sacks and misses some big plays downfield and in the end zone BUT he does some good things..he could have had 350 and 3 tds if he was better at seeing the field nd feeling the pocket..i hope he grows some soon,

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score

3 TDs.

I was just corrected so I figured I would pay it forward. . Lol

jjktkk

Reaction score
Trying to evaluate Dak is one of the most perplexing dilemmas I've come across. His mechanics are flawed, but he can make some throws. He doesn't anticipate the rush well, but he can make plays with his running ability. Just when I'm ready to move from Dak, the Cowboys go on a 3 game winning streak. It seems that you can win with Dak, but the offense seemingly has to run perfect for Dak and the Cowboys to be successful.

Romotil45

Reaction score
Trying to evaluate Dak is one of the most perplexing dilemmas I've come across. His mechanics are flawed, but he can make some throws. He doesn't anticipate the rush well, but he can make plays with his running ability. Just when I'm ready to move from Dak, the Cowboys go on a 3 game winning streak. It seems that you can win with Dak, but the offense seemingly has to run perfect for Dak and the Cowboys to be successful.

Exactly. Now you need a near elite defense ( we are in the top five right now ) an elite RB and now a elite receiver for Dak to be successful. That's a lot of elites needed for Dak to win. What happens when we have to pay Dak and cant afford to play our elite defense our elite RB our elite OL ( only elite with a healthy Freadbeard ) To many elites to pay them all.

JDSmith

Reaction score

The calls of him being trash recently are as bad and overblown as the calls for Canton in his rookie season. He went from multiple "better than Tom Brady/Rodgers" threads to multiple "worse than Tim Tebow" threads. Either there are very few fans in the middle ground, or they just don't yell loudly enough to be heard over the people who think he should be enshrined in Canton and the people who think he should be working as a janitor there. I will say though that the poll results are surprising because there are not a lot of people who think he's terrible voting, but I sure have seen a lot of that in threads.

I'd say you pretty much nailed it, at this point he's average.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
he might not be the best in the game ever but he will be one of the best soon

Anything's possible, but taking P. Manning for an example, he didn't win a playoff game for like 6 years, eventually got to elite status.

But there was never a question of all of his accuracy, field vision, pocket awareness and decision making to any great degree. Dak has at least some issue with all of those, for him to improve markedly in all those areas would be pretty amazing, and I don't think it will happen. Again, anything's possible, but to me highly unlikey.

However, having said that, with continued improvement on the receivers, the offensive line and the defense, all very possible, he wouldn't have to be elite for the Cowboys to win a SB or two. Be better, yes, no doubt, but I'm not asking for him to be elite...

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Someone should keep track of how many go routes Dak overthrows or underthrows. Dude has no feel for the deep ball whatsoever.
No feel at all. Just 289 yards passing with TDs and zero turnovers.

Had we lost that game yesterday, so many of my fellow fan faithful would be in "I told you so" mode rt now.

Turrible.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Exactly.! He didn't lose to a guy who hasn't played any football in 4 yrs whos offensive line is decimated.
Exactly. He didn't lose to a defense that had previously catapulted the Deadstinks into sole 1st place.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
The calls of him being trash recently are as bad and overblown as the calls for Canton in his rookie season. He went from multiple "better than Tom Brady/Rodgers" threads to multiple "worse than Tim Tebow" threads. Either there are very few fans in the middle ground, or they just don't yell loudly enough to be heard over the people who think he should be enshrined in Canton and the people who think he should be working as a janitor there. I will say though that the poll results are surprising because there are not a lot of people who think he's terrible voting, but I sure have seen a lot of that in threads.

Most QBs in the NFL fall into the avg to above avg category & I'll take that.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

Yes, those who put the "worse than Tebow" and similar comments apparently either have an anti-Dak agenda or just aren't capable/willing to have a real discussion.

Either way they're more funny than ridiculous sometimes...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Most QBs in the NFL fall into the avg to above avg category & I'll take that.

Yes, some people act like elite quarterbacks are easily found, just get the no. 1 or 2 or 3 draft pick, or just "do your research" and bingo! you have an elite quarterback!